+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Express Entry Profile after receiving an ITA - Opinion on case needed.

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I received my Invitation To Apply (ITA) on March 27th, 2015 and I am hoping to have some valuable insights from all of you who are a bit more experienced.

Brief background:I recently finished my Master's here in Canada and I am currently under the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). I have 1 year 3 months work experience from back home.

When I submitted my Express Entry (EE) profile I included my non full-time, seasonal job that I had at the time for the "Does X have a job offer in Canada?" field under the "Intended work in Canada" tab.

But here are a few things to note:

1. In the ITA it states that if there are any changes that could lower the score, you should decline. However, I re-calculated my score, and it remains unchanged even after putting Canadian "valid" work experience as none. Which means all my points for work experience came from my 1 year 3 months of foreign experience, which was full-time and non-seasonal.

2. The non full-time job offer in Canada that I had at the time of submitting my EE profile ended on March 31st, 2015. So, now in my online Permanent Residence application, where you basically provide all the information again, I can put the answer for the same question asked in my EE profile (see above) as "No" now since technically I no longer have that job as it ended March 31st. I can just include this job in the "Work history" tab now.

Does this seem an okay thing to do? Should I proceed with my PR application?

I also had a side question: After I complete the online PR application by putting in the details again, what happens next? Would I have the option to decline after?

I really appreciate anyone who tries to understand my situation and helps answering my questions above. As you know, I have limited time to apply and so would greatly appreciate quick responses!

Much thanks. Cheers!

Adam.

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Adam I have similar situation
my previous post
"
Hello all,

I had received ITA in last draw, Smiley
and after getting document list i Found that CIC need my reference latter for temporary jobs i have done in Canada for like 3 months and 4 months Shocked ( different NOCs , didn't got any points on that work experience)
Can i edit my profile now to exclude those work experiences and just keep my current job were i am working for more than 1 year. ?
I tried deleting temporary jobs from my profile and document check list gets changed removing requirement of reference latter from those jobs.
any one had changed work experience after getting ITA? ( does It count as a misinterpretation before ITA creating profile ? )
N.B. : Called CIC care no and agent advised me to send case specific question to officer which takes 15 days , Asking if any of our member have experience in this situation...

regards,
sanket ""

hope some one can help on this topic.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
After recalculation if your score is more or equal to drawn score then you are fine.
You can decline after filling the application and checking the documents required.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The score does not matter with respect to the EE profile, what matters is the proof behind that score. So if you received ITA with particular fields filled in, you have to prove them all. Those facts should be true at the time you received ITA. I think you misrepresented when you said your job is full-time and permanent in EE profile when clearly it was seasonal.

A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Visaowl,

Thanks for taking the time to go through this!

I do understand the point that you are making. But with this express entry process nothing is really clearcut. So, here, I'll post the things I filled in the EE profile for you and maybe you can get more insight into the issue (unfortunately this forum doesn't allow images to be posted or else would've provided you a screenshot):

Q: Does X have a job offer in Canada?
A: Yes (I picked yes as I thought if I said "No" when I was applying that would be like hiding something from them). It's sad that there isn't even one of those blue circles with question marks to let people know this is not a regular question.

Information about the job offer

Q: Is this offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work?
A: No

Q: Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year?

Information Labour Market Information Assessment

Q:Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

Q: Is X currently working in Canada?
A: Yes

Q: Does X have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
A: Yes

Q: Is X's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

Q: Four digit NOC code of current work permit?
A: 1454 (There is no NOC code in my work permit but it looks like you had to pick one).

Q: Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

As you can see I put "No" for the questions asking if the job is full-time and non-seasonal and at the time of the ITA these facts were still true. I mean I wouldn't have doubted so much had I put yes and yes saying it is full-time and non-seasonal, which would be misrepresenting. I don't understand why they would follow up with these questions. Also, technically, I don't have the job anymore so in the PR application if I select "No" (which I should, since my situation has changed, i.e. job contract ended March 31st, and it wasn't a "valid" job to begin with), there is no follow up question whatsoever. But as I said, I can put it in my work history now and would eventually have to prove it?

But anyways, my point being, do you think I should decline my invitation? As you can see there are so many judgment calls to be made here it's hard to decide what to do!

Thanks again,
Adam

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
Hi Adam,

I am exactly in the same situation. My current job is also a contract which expires in near future. I have gained 1 year and 4 months experience with this job which makes me eligible for FSW even without a offer. For the job offer question I answered in a similar way as you did when creating the profile.

Now, I am not sure if I can change to offer to 'No' or just attach the contract offer and write a explanation letter clearly stating the situation.

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
In the offer of employment upload option, this is what the help button says

"Document: Offer of Employment

You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company.

The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."

"official document from your proposed employer" so I guess it is the offer letter people acquire for the purpose of Permanent residency from a prospective employer.

So an offer letter for a contract that is about to get over or already over makes no sense here.

Should we say "No" to this question as our offers are not specific for PR? Confused as hell.

Is declining the ITA and updating the profile a good option because there is a big possibility of getting a invite in the next draw again?

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Unfortunately not. I called CIC about it but they asked me to email them, which I did. Didn't get a reply for a while and so I declined my invitation and corrected my profile. Thankfully I got another invitation.

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Adam479 said:
Unfortunately not. I called CIC about it but they asked me to email them, which I did. Didn't get a reply for a while and so I declined my invitation and corrected my profile. Thankfully I got another invitation.
Hi Adam479,

did you hear anything back from CIC on your question in this regard? looks like I am in the same issue right now and confused what to do!!

any suggestions would be helpful!

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
caththisking said:
After recalculation if your score is more or equal to drawn score then you are fine.
You can decline after filling the application and checking the documents required.

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
gur1122 said:
Hi Adam479,

did you hear anything back from CIC on your question in this regard? looks like I am in the same issue right now and confused what to do!!

any suggestions would be helpful!
I withdrew my application before I got a reply (they replied back to my email exactly a month later; had run out of time by then and took this decision to withdraw). Anyway, here's their reply, which is kinda useless if you ask me:

"Our records indicate that you have declined the invitation to apply and are now back in the Express Entry pool. You can update/edit your profile to ensure that the information is true and current. If you are invited to apply in another round and you accept the invitation, you would then validate the information you had provided and upload supporting documents.

One does not require an LMIA to enter the Express Entry pool. However, 600 points will be awarded to those who have a job offer based on an LMIA. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker is available to do the job. The LMIA-exempt work permit (e.g., post-graduate work permit) gives some foreign nationals the privilege to enter the Canadian labour market to gain some Canadian work experience and to fulfill a labour shortage on a temporary basis. A Canadian employer could then offer such individuals a permanent job and seek the appropriate LMIA to support the foreign national’s intention to reside in Canada permanently. (Refer to: ww.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp)"

I personally don't think they would've had a clear answer even if they replied in time.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

Adam

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Adam479 said:
I withdrew my application before I got a reply (they replied back to my email exactly a month later; had run out of time by then and took this decision to withdraw). Anyway, here's their reply, which is kinda useless if you ask me:

"Our records indicate that you have declined the invitation to apply and are now back in the Express Entry pool. You can update/edit your profile to ensure that the information is true and current. If you are invited to apply in another round and you accept the invitation, you would then validate the information you had provided and upload supporting documents.

One does not require an LMIA to enter the Express Entry pool. However, 600 points will be awarded to those who have a job offer based on an LMIA. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker is available to do the job. The LMIA-exempt work permit (e.g., post-graduate work permit) gives some foreign nationals the privilege to enter the Canadian labour market to gain some Canadian work experience and to fulfill a labour shortage on a temporary basis. A Canadian employer could then offer such individuals a permanent job and seek the appropriate LMIA to support the foreign national's intention to reside in Canada permanently. (Refer to: ww.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp)"

I personally don't think they would've had a clear answer even if they replied in time.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

Adam
thanks for sharing Adam, I kind of knew that their answer would be somehting like that. I am thinking of declining the ITA too, otherwise it would remain uncertain until the last minute!!

I also have another concern do you think declining the ITA multiple times affect your profile or anything? as I already declined it in the past because of some errors and this will be second time I would have to do that, not feeling so good about it though

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
gur1122 said:
thanks for sharing Adam, I kind of knew that their answer would be somehting like that. I am thinking of declining the ITA too, otherwise it would remain uncertain until the last minute!!

I also have another concern do you think declining the ITA multiple times affect your profile or anything? as I already declined it in the past because of some errors and this will be second time I would have to do that, not feeling so good about it though
I don't think declining affects your profile or anything. As long as you qualify for the cut off score and can back up your profile after the invitation, I think you should be fine.

Adam

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Adam479 said:
I don't think declining affects your profile or anything. As long as you qualify for the cut off score and can back up your profile after the invitation, I think you should be fine.

Adam
I have a PNP offer as well so my score is 1059. I am assuming declining would not affect my score (including the PNP offer etc). I guess!! any thougts?