+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in circumstances TRV for parents.

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

My parents applied for a TRV from Pakistan to visit me and be here for the birth of my first child. Unfortunately, I gave birth at 8 months by an emergency surgery and lost my dear son two hours after his birth. This happened last month, only 10 days after they applied for their trv.
My parents immediately contacted the embassy in Islamabad and were asked to send them copies of their application plus letters from the physician regarding the death of my son.
However, a few days later they told my parents that the applications for visot visas get processed at Abu Dhabi and they can't do anything.

We haven't heard back yet and their application is still in the normal processing time. I don't know if I should send Abu Dhabi a case specific inquiry? I can't link their applications online and since this is the hardest time of my life, I really want them here. I need someone to guide me please.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Truly sorry to hear about your situation and the loss of your baby son.

The current processing time for applications from Pakistan is 52 days. You could send both emails + a Case Specific Enquiry to the Abu Dhabi VO, requesting for an expedited decision under exceptional circumstances. Do include the evidence from your physician

Hope your parents get their TRVs soon :)

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply and wishes. I have never felt this helpless and lonely before. I can't believe I'm venting here. My paremts are So upset as well and it's really hard for me to take a 15 hour flight 4 weeks after a c section to visit them back home. Also, I don't want to leave my husband alone who is still grieving as well
Anyway, we don't have our sons death certificate yet as it has not been issued. I do however, have papers from the cemetery and letter from the OB GYM explaining my son passed away and I need my parents to be here for the funeral. We waited for 12 days to bury our son because we believed the embassy in Islamabad was going to help with their visas.
Should I mention all of this?
I'm sorry if I'm rambling.
Thank you once again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can understand what you're going through. It is very sad and traumatic to lose a baby within hours of his birth. It's like having many dreams shattered.

My cousin's wife went through a similar situation. She lost a beautiful baby daughter because her doctors in the UK told her to return after 48 hours even though the pains had started. It was a heart wrenching phase in their lives.

You're not rambling or venting on here. I suggest your explanation to the Abu Dhabi VO should mention all these facts + you're going through a very difficult time + you need your parents for emotional support even if it is for a few days/few weeks. You can also include any specific reasons (with evidence) to prove your parents must return to Pakistan after XX days

Do take care of yourself and do try to be strong. Time is the best healer and beautiful things will happen with time

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Thank you, Bryanna. Means a lot. Something very similar happened to me
.I'm a physician so I know for a fact what happened to my baby and I had a lot to do medical negligence. Similar to your cousins wife. I'm still upset over that as well because my baby was perfectly healthy. Some days are super hard. He was/is my first baby and first grandchild for my parents as well.

My father has a leave letter from work to prove he will be returning. They applied for a trv for 3 weeks so they could spend time with my baby, husband and I.

I will send Abu Dhabi a case specific enquiry today. Thank you so much for your help in this matter.

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Also, I'm sorry for your cousin and his wife's loss. It's one of those things you can never imagine will happen to you. When it does, you just don't know how to deal with it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, it was clearly medical negligence in the case of my cousin's wife. It was very difficult to explain to my older nephew (who was very young then) about the little sister he was waiting for. But, wonderful miracles do happen. My cousin and his wife were blessed with another son 1.5 years later.

I suggest you include 1-2 more reasons for your parents to return to Pakistan. For example, a specific work commitment by XX date.

You can also request the visa office if processing of both applications is likely to take longer then if the VO could consider your mom's application first. TRV decisions could be delayed in case the VO is running background checks.

I hope a wonderful miracle happens soon in your life too.... and until then, do remain strong and take care of yourself :):)

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Will do and thank you :) I really do hope we have beautiful miracles in our lives like your cousin and his wife did. I know this pain will not last forever and hopefully will get better with time.

I will try to include everything possible in the Case Specific Enquiry. Thank you so much. I definitely feel better about this after reading your comments.