+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC without job offer

Aug 4, 2017
Hi everyone!

My case is a bit special but I'll try to say it briefly here.

I lived and worked in Toronto under the Working Holiday program. Once I decided to stay I did all the necessary steps to submit an EE profile; worked one year with the same employer under the NOC 6322 (line cook) obtaining the 1560 hours of experience, got my education assessed and did the IELTS getting a 7.5 general score. I was looking for a LMIA based job offer and successfully got it from an employer in Nova Scotia since getting one in the GTA was almost impossible. The thing is, the agency I worked with never told me I'd need to proof my past experience through translated documents so once I landed in NS my work permit was about to expire. They did submit my application for a work permit with that employer with documents without translations but I decided to quit the job given the uncertainty. I spent a lot of money doing this so I decided to come back to Ontario and apply for a visitor visa while also submitting my EE on my own. I got 375 points under CEC and I know it's not enough to get an ITA now. What it infuriates me the most is I also made a profile on the job bank. I get invitations to apply to jobs almost every day since my occupation is highly demanded. I've got 20+ invitations but as I know it's rare for employers to go through the LMIA process since it's tedious and takes up to 2 months. It's so ironic that wherever I may go in Canada I can get a job, the need for cooks it's unbelievable high but the system won't allow me to have a chance on getting an offer that'd grant me 50 points, thus giving enough points to be in the pool of candidates.

I now had to return to my homeland hoping to earn more experience here and resubmit another EE profile next year.

Any advice or opinions about this situation would be much appreciated.

Thanks