+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Required documents question

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

I have a few questions about required documents for CEC EE.

1. For the proof of Canadian university study completion, can I provide a letter the Registrar's office wrote for me that shows my name, the program of study, length of study, and saying that I completed the program as of that date?

2. When exactly do I have to have medical exam? It looks like the CIC website says we do it before submitting application, but I've always heard people saying they ask you to do medical exam once the PR process is almost completed. I'm confused.

3. Since it's CEC, we are already working, so we don't have to provide job offer letter? Or we provide that, as well as the proof of work experience from employer? The offer letter would be from a year ago though. Again, confused..

4. Does CEC application also require Proof of Funds?

5. Other than police certificate, T4, proof of work experience, and above documents, is there any other documents I need to submit to be Complete for CEC application?

I really hope it works out well..really really hope I don't get rejected for incomplete application.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - No comment.

2 - You must complete the medical exam before submitting your eAPR after receiving your ITA.

3 - Offer letter is only required if you're claiming the 50 points for a valid job offer.

4 - Not required.

5 - Upload bio pages of passport and pages with stamps/visas and digital photo. Other documents are required if married or common law.

Reactions: sw6lee

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a few questions about required documents for CEC EE.

1. For the proof of Canadian university study completion, can I provide a letter the Registrar's office wrote for me that shows my name, the program of study, length of study, and saying that I completed the program as of that date?

2. When exactly do I have to have medical exam? It looks like the CIC website says we do it before submitting application, but I've always heard people saying they ask you to do medical exam once the PR process is almost completed. I'm confused.

3. Since it's CEC, we are already working, so we don't have to provide job offer letter? Or we provide that, as well as the proof of work experience from employer? The offer letter would be from a year ago though. Again, confused..

4. Does CEC application also require Proof of Funds?

5. Other than police certificate, T4, proof of work experience, and above documents, is there any other documents I need to submit to be Complete for CEC application?

I really hope it works out well..really really hope I don't get rejected for incomplete application.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
1. You should provide, course completion letter(the one you are talking about+ transcript+degree(or diploma) certificate.
2. Upfront medical for EE
3. Work experience letter from previous and current employer+T4+NOA+latest 2 pay stubs. You can attach Job offer letter too if you want, doesn't matter how old is it.
4.No POF required for CEC. However, you need to attach a Letter of Explanation that you're invited under CEC.
5.ECA, all stamped pages of passport, transcripts

Reactions: sw6lee

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Having a job in Canada is NOT the same as having a "valid job offer." A valid job offer is for the future (at least one year after becoming a PR), not for past/present work. And It must meed specific requirements -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Many people applying under the CEC class are not eligible for the points for a valid job offer.

Read this page thoroughly -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
1. You should provide, course completion letter(the one you are talking about+ transcript+degree(or diploma) certificate.
2. Upfront medical for EE
3. Work experience letter from previous and current employer+T4+NOA+latest 2 pay stubs. You can attach Job offer letter too if you want, doesn't matter how old is it.
4.No POF required for CEC. However, you need to attach a Letter of Explanation that you're invited under CEC.
5.ECA, all stamped pages of passport, transcripts
Hey, thanks so much for your reply. I now got invited to apply, and I'm actually seeing the document checklist now, and it shows Proof of Means of Financial Support in the list. So can I leave this document attachment blank? If I leave it blank, can I continue and submit my application? Or do I still need to submit the checking, saving and credit card proof from my bank? I use Tangerine, so there is no branch in my city, so I will have to order it which is inconvenient. Not only that I have a few different credit cards and am not sure if I need to call them and get them to send me my balance and status? But if I'm under CEC, and not have to do these that might be even better, but it says (required) in the document list. Any help would be appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
"
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
Omg, thank you so much. That made my day!