+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applications slowing down?

Carly44

May 28, 2017
CEC applications seem to be very behind, FSW seems to be up to date. Any idea why? I applied from Sydney Aus.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
For CEC, it is not slow but it is stopped. God knows what they are doing!!

Currently, CEC and PNP applications are way behind. I am afraid, after FSW, CIC don't start focusing on PNP leaving CEC way far behind.

Reactions: jman25

Carly44

May 28, 2017
A

Currently, CEC and PNP applications are way behind. I am afraid, after FSW, CIC don't start focusing on PNP leaving CEC way far behind.
Any reason for this or do they always do CEC PNP last? I got my AOR June 14
Wss hoping to be back in Canada by Oct ?? Chances?

nikunj2605

Apr 9, 2017
OCT is a hard deadline I am guessing early next year for you. Since they are completely stopped CEC application so it is piling up right now

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017

Is it stopped or currently it is slow due to number of applications? Would like to know from where we come to know that it has stopped for CEC? My AOR is 3rd May with Medicals cleared on 25th May 2017. But no PPR yet

jman25

Jul 27, 2017

How do you know they have stopped? Was a memo sent out? Did you hear from credible sources? How can you confirm?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
How do you know they have stopped? Was a memo sent out? Did you hear from credible sources? How can you confirm?
I am part of 2 whatsapp groups where people, with AOR date in May, have been updating their progress ... which is right now stopped.

Moreover, if you follow myimmitracker, you will notice that hardly any CEC application has moved for May month.

Just to make you nervous, few FSW applications with AOR date in June and July have recieved PPR request but CEC applications hasn't moved beyond submission.

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I am part of 2 whatsapp groups where people, with AOR date in May, have been updating their progress ... which is right now stopped.

Moreover, if you follow myimmitracker, you will notice that hardly any CEC application has moved for May month.

Just to make you nervous, few FSW applications with AOR date in June and July have recieved PPR request but CEC applications hasn't moved beyond submission.
I am not sure what happened with CEC applications, but I am guessing you would get your medicals passed max by 8th August as I am seeing.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys, I think it is not the best tactic from IRCC that they slow down CEC. We would be potential voters on the next election. But on this speed I am not sure we will be able to vote.:((

Reactions: Tomi2

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
I am wondering if they people here can give me advise based on my situation
-MPNP Nomination received July 12 ( paper based)
-WES ECA will be available Aug 8. I will have 425points under FSW
-One year work anniversary Sep 25. I will qualify for CEC.
-PGWP expires ......................Nov 3
-While I am happy that I have three open doors to PR. I am uncertain what to do because the paper based application takes 16 months to process. It takes 3 months to receive an AOR. If I am patient and hold off on sending the MPNP PR paper based and apply for the CEC I should receive the CEC AOR before Nov 3 when my work permit expires. I am nervous about that plan because I hear you guys saying that CEC has slowed down. Suppose I hold off on the MPNP PR and then they put a hold on CEC, then I won't be able to get the BOWP. Alternately I'm thinking about applying for both since they are different streams but we are a family of 5 and the application fee is $ 2500 for each application, plus like $1500 for medicals. I feel like I will be throwing away $2500 if I apply for MPNP PR now and then still apply for CEC at the end of September. The reason why I want to apply for CEC is because it is processed in 6 months with an immediate AOR versus the 16 months and 3 month AOR for the paper based application.
Please comment and share your thoughts on this.

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

There is no point going through paper based considering 16 months long processing time!!

Express entry is your best bet here. You have three months time to get an ITA and submit the PR application. I hope the score drops in the coming draws.

Good luck

I am wondering if they people here can give me advise based on my situation
-MPNP Nomination received July 12 ( paper based)
-WES ECA will be available Aug 8. I will have 425points under FSW
-One year work anniversary Sep 25. I will qualify for CEC.
-PGWP expires ......................Nov 3
-While I am happy that I have three open doors to PR. I am uncertain what to do because the paper based application takes 16 months to process. It takes 3 months to receive an AOR. If I am patient and hold off on sending the MPNP PR paper based and apply for the CEC I should receive the CEC AOR before Nov 3 when my work permit expires. I am nervous about that plan because I hear you guys saying that CEC has slowed down. Suppose I hold off on the MPNP PR and then they put a hold on CEC, then I won't be able to get the BOWP. Alternately I'm thinking about applying for both since they are different streams but we are a family of 5 and the application fee is $ 2500 for each application, plus like $1500 for medicals. I feel like I will be throwing away $2500 if I apply for MPNP PR now and then still apply for CEC at the end of September. The reason why I want to apply for CEC is because it is processed in 6 months with an immediate AOR versus the 16 months and 3 month AOR for the paper based application.
Please comment and share your thoughts on this.

Reactions: Tracelyn2015

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
Hi,

There is no point going through paper based considering 16 months long processing time!!

Express entry is your best bet here. You have three months time to get an ITA and submit the PR application. I hope the score drops in the coming draws.

Good luck
Thanks for your response. I have the same line of thinking. Even if the lowest score doesn't drop to 425 under FWS, I will still qualify for CEC in September giving me an immediate AOR which I can then use for my BOWP. I really don't understand why MPNP did not give me the EE route. That's the only reason why we applied to MPNP to get the nomination to go through EE. MPNP is $500. That;s $500 wasted.