+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Rejected- Reapply?

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi,

I'm helping a friend for his CEC application. He had hired a lawyer earlier to submit his application; both my friend and his lawyer did not check his Employment Reference Letter which had incomplete information due to which his CEC application was rejected.

He is now back in India and I'm helping him to reapply. I have the following questions:
1. Can he reapply? We are correcting the mistakes on his reference letters and explaining the job responsibilities well to match his NOC.
2. What is the process to reapply? DO we create a new CIC login and profile completely?

Thanks

Reactions: Tomi2

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hi,

I'm helping a friend for his CEC application. He had hired a lawyer earlier to submit his application; both my friend and his lawyer did not check his Employment Reference Letter which had incomplete information due to which his CEC application was rejected.

He is now back in India and I'm helping him to reapply. I have the following questions:
1. Can he reapply? We are correcting the mistakes on his reference letters and explaining the job responsibilities well to match his NOC.
Yes he can. You have to create a new EE profile and enter the pool to get invitation. On what basis was his application rejected before? Was it due to duties not matching with NOC code? Did he use the right NOC code? These are things that have to be checked carefully to avoid precious error. I'm disappointed the lawyer did not do his job well.
2. What is the process to reapply? DO we create a new CIC login and profile completely?
You use the same CIC login and create a new profile to enter the pool.
Thanks

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

-Yes he can reapply again with new profile
-Its the same login as before if he had one.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hi,

Thanks
Is the reference letter the only reason that got his case rejected? Or there's 2nd reason, for example, NOC code matching issue?

Reactions: Carly44 and Tomi2

Carly44

May 28, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
What was missing from his reference letter???

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, it was only because of the reference letter. It did not include any responsibilities hence the officer mentioned he could not determine the NOC just on the basis of his designation.

It was a stupid mistake both by him and his lawyer, not to have checked the reference letter before uploading it.

Now the lawyer is asking for more fee to reapply, hence I'm helping him.

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Yes, it was only because of the reference letter. It did not include any responsibilities hence the officer mentioned he could not determine the NOC just on the basis of his designation.

It was a stupid mistake both by him and his lawyer, not to have checked the reference letter before uploading it.

You ask the agent to pay you back the money you spent, his job is to verify all this documents and get it done.
Then why would you hire someone.

Carly44

May 28, 2017

Theyre asking for more money??!?? Its their responsibility to check over everything, thats the point of an immigration lawyer. Get YOUR money back from them

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
The lawyer should have checked the reference letter before uploading. It's his job duty to check, otherwise, why would the applicant hire someone to do so? The lawyer should refund the money, but not asking more. It's the lawyer's neglecting of duty.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

This basic error cost your friend a lot of time and money. Is this lawyer in Canada? If yes, which province?