+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCTB/UCCB Question

Jessica101

Mar 22, 2016
Hi there,

Hoping someone with experience with tax regulations can help me out.

My dad is a Canadian citizen with significant ties in Canada (has home) so he is deemed a resident I believe. He has lived outside Canada for 2 years consecutively and remarried and had 2 children. Now from what I understand the children are Canadian Citizens (correct me if I am wrong.)

For taxes - are my step siblings entitled to CCTB/UCCB? If they are - what kind of documents will I need to validate his claim (ie. translated birth certificate?)

Other info: the children never came to Canada yet, nor the mother. My father is currently doing family sponsorship for the wife. He never filed that he was married - I have to go back and change his return to married since 2012 with RC65 which I am in the process of doing now.

Thank you in advance.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Jessica101 said:
Hi there,

Hoping someone with experience with tax regulations can help me out.

My dad is a Canadian citizen with significant ties in Canada (has home) so he is deemed a resident I believe. He has lived outside Canada for 2 years consecutively and remarried and had 2 children. Now from what I understand the children are Canadian Citizens (correct me if I am wrong.)

For taxes - are my step siblings entitled to CCTB/UCCB? If they are - what kind of documents will I need to validate his claim (ie. translated birth certificate?)

Other info: the children never came to Canada yet, nor the mother. My father is currently doing family sponsorship for the wife. He never filed that he was married - I have to go back and change his return to married since 2012 with RC65 which I am in the process of doing now.

Thank you in advance.
You can only receive the CCTB/UCCB if both the parent and child (children) are living in Canada. As this is not the case with your family, they are not entitled to receive any payments from the government as of yet. That will change when everyone moves to Canada following completion of the sponsorship process.

Jessica101

Mar 22, 2016
torontosm said:
You can only receive the CCTB/UCCB if both the parent and child (children) are living in Canada. As this is not the case with your family, they are not entitled to receive any payments from the government as of yet. That will change when everyone moves to Canada following completion of the sponsorship process.
Thank you!

maria p

Jul 22, 2016
hi. i am PR holder and i have one child 5 and half year i want to know if my child come back to india after receiving PR card still can i get the UCCB or it stoped. do i need to inform to CRA for that or not. please reply

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
maria p said:
hi. i am PR holder and i have one child 5 and half year i want to know if my child come back to india after receiving PR card still can i get the UCCB or it stoped. do i need to inform to CRA for that or not. please reply
It stops as soon as your child leaves Canada. You must inform CRA or you could face some fairly high penalties (along with having to return all excess payments).

maria p

Jul 22, 2016
Hi thanks for reply. how to reply CRA about this case i am can you give me email id or i have to send a letter to cra mentioning all detail. And one more question if child is out side of canada still it cost me right like his study and living expense and heath does cra not consider this .or should i tell cra all about this thing.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^ call CRA at 1-800-387-1193

maria p

Jul 22, 2016
one more question guys how much money can i take from india i mean i forget to disclose at the time of entry at airport now can i transfer my money from india i landed on 27 may 2016. and what is limit for money transfer i mean how much i can transfer without panelty and do i have to pay any tax to canada govt. and how to inform cra that this much amount i am gone transfer from india because i have land and home and cash and after selling all this be big amount so how to transfer. please send suggestions.