+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver

Sdavi1483

Sep 17, 2017
Hi there, I'm a British born UK citizen, I've got three kids, I work as a caregiver, I want to immigrate to Canada with my kids. I've found a job for a live out caregiver, I need to get my LMIA cleared, I have three houses on rent here in the UK , enough money to support my kids, do you think my LMIA will clear?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi there, I'm a British born UK citizen, I've got three kids, I work as a caregiver, I want to immigrate to Canada with my kids. I've found a job for a live out caregiver, I need to get my LMIA cleared, I have three houses on rent here in the UK , enough money to support my kids, do you think my LMIA will clear?
Apart from the fact you have posted in a thread for people starting a business or entrepreneurs as opposed to posting in a general immigration thread its an impossible question to answer.

Your potential employer needs to advertise the job for a few months and confirm no citizen or resident is available, then the employer pays out 1000 CDN to get a positive LMIA assuming that they put together a good case for employing from outside the country . Do not think how many houses or how much money you have influences getting a positive LMIA.

Although I am no expert and others will I am sure correct me, once you have a positive LMIA you would need to apply for a regular work permit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

Also as I am sure you are aware that the care giver role is classified as a NOC C so not in the high skilled category for the mainstream immigration programs, EE or CEC

Last edited: