+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

caregiver re-entry visa

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
I am going home for the christmas holidays to my country philippines. I am under the live i caregiver program. My visa says it is a multiple entry and will expire on May 2010. I have my valid work permit and a letter from my employer. Do I need to apply for a re-entry visa? Please advise. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jocelyn said:
I am going home for the christmas holidays to my country philippines. I am under the live i caregiver program. My visa says it is a multiple entry and will expire on May 2010. I have my valid work permit and a letter from my employer. Do I need to apply for a re-entry visa? Please advise. Thanks.
No

PMM

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
hi PMM
thank you for your reply. if I don't need to need to apply for a re-entry visa, what should I do then? I will just go straight to the airport when I come back? I don't need to go to the canadian embassy? sorry for alot of questions but I have no idea what to do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jocelyn said:
hi PMM
thank you for your reply. if I don't need to need to apply for a re-entry visa, what should I do then? I will just go straight to the airport when I come back? I don't need to go to the canadian embassy? sorry for alot of questions but I have no idea what to do.
No need to attend the CHC in Manila as you say you have a valid Multi entry TRV. I don't know what the requirements of the Philippine government are, but according to Canadian law, you are good to go.

PMM

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
is it possible to apply under living in caregiver program being in sponsorship process as a sponsored parent?
thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jocelyn said:
hi PMM
Hi,

Obtain a letter from your employer stating that you are just going for a vacation and that you'll be back to work for them when you come back. Your work permit togetehr with your multiple entry visa would be sufficient for you to gain entry to Canada again.

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
for Jocelyn:
I agree with PMM and Jobseeker, obtain an employer's certification/letter that you are going for vacation leave since your re-entry visa is still valid till 2010.It is also a valid document when you process your OEC(overseas employment certificate) at POEA when returning back to Canada.Sometimes POEA requires it.

Goodluck kabayan,

Igorot

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
I do agre with PMM .Immigration stuff should be sorted out properly with your employer before travelling for christmas, to avoid any form of embarrasement.I do not think u're asking too much question because knowledge is key and power.Hv a blossom christmas.

Ig