11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
steaky said:
4) Why is it that when you see the Canadian currency, Government and heritage, you see the french flag, british flags and the first nation?
So if they're immigrants from France or England I guess they pass the steaky test. The rest of you, get the hell out of here. You're wrecking Canada.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Al mio amico d'Italia, this should make you feel better.

http://www.environics.ca/environics-in-the-news?news_id=118

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
qwerbilzak said:
Welcome to the world. Hell, in Northern Italy a ton of people can't stand people from Southern Italy.

So if you run into some, so what. Screw 'em and go about your business.
I know very well what the situation in my country is. There is also a big role played by the media about the whole thing but I don't want to get into that.

Al mio amico d'Italia, this should make you feel better.

http://www.environics.ca/environics-in-the-news?news_id=118
That's encouraging!

I like Canada so far, and as you said people don't like each other for all kind of reasons. I guess I will have a better idea when I will start working.

Are you Italian or have been to Italy?You seem to know quite a bit of my country, including the language!

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
erFiodena said:
I know very well what the situation in my country is. There is also a big role played by the media about the whole thing but I don't want to get into that.

That's encouraging!

I like Canada so far, and as you said people don't like each other for all kind of reasons. I guess I will have a better idea when I will start working.

Are you Italian or have been to Italy?You seem to know quite a bit of my country, including the language!
I'm not Italian but I've been to Italy and speak Italian. My favorite town is Sulmona. Pure and untouched, and far from the tourists!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
qwerbilzak said:
So if they're immigrants from France or England I guess they pass the steaky test. The rest of you, get the hell out of here. You're wrecking Canada.
Sometime I feel UK is best country in world,
Nice weather , free health care for everyone, even people on temp visa.

Only prob that even here if I get PR , it's hard for me to bring my brother and sister here whereas in Canada it's not tough.

But I now getting worried as look like bringing parents in Canada is too hard , and too expensive .

Do anyone can give idea that how much health care cost for ederly people with medicine control dibetes.

Saw insurance ranging for 3000-4000 for each annually.

Should we took travel insurance instead and then pay for Medicean or GP visit by self,

What are options and how much they costs

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Only prob that even here if I get PR , it's hard for me to bring my brother and sister here whereas in Canada it's not tough.
In Canada it is tough unless you are living in Saskatchewan or Manitoba and even then, if one of your family you have sponsored decides not to stay in the province, that will stop you from sponsoring anybody else.

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
Aquib said:
Sometime I feel UK is best country in world,
Nice weather , free health care for everyone, even people on temp visa.
I strongly disagree with "nice weather". Maybe because I am Italian :). Agree with the rest though :).

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
It's a shame you came across folk like that - were are all not like that you know... but have to ask.... what an earth is your interpretation of 100% Australian? A 100% Australian IS an Aboriginal IMO.

In Melbourne for example Carlton is the capital of the Italian and Greek community and have various festivals to celebrate this and our MULTICULTURALISM as a nation. I can only speak from my experience. Please don't make generalised statements about 'Australia'.... Have you lived in ALL of the states and ALL of the suburbs??? - probably not. Whilst there are certain suburbs within Australia that focus on particular ethnicities, perhaps you were just not in an 'italian' friendly one... no reason to bag the WHOLE of Australia!

My husband (Canadian citizen) came to Australia as a backpacker.... and there was nothing 'menial' about the work he found in the telecommunications industry as an engineer setting up regional and remote GSM networks - he was in the right place at the right time.

... "Australians" seem to get their goat up about people coming into the country sponging off the tax payers dollars. Immigrants (legal AND illegal) in some cases receive more monetary assistance from the government than those true Australians who are battling ever day and were born in the country - that's probably where some of the descent comes from!. I am sure it happens all over the world (note generalised statement). As a tax payer I know where I would want my money going.... unfortunately people rort the system and perhaps concentrated in particular areas of the country more than others (note generalised statement)...

just as well us nice folk are not like that and try and look for the good in ALL people :-D....

Who do you also define as an 'average' australian? - lower income?? Middle class or higher income earner? I think expectations have a lot to do with outcomes too...

....interesting....

erFiodena said:
In Australia was not about stealing jobs. There are jobs that no one likes to do so Australia opened the Working Holiday Visa program and thousands of young people (18 to 30 years old)from all over the world invaded Australia. Those "backpackers" are hated by the average australian even though they support the economy: they do jobs nobody likes to do (fruit picking/pearling/jobs in little towns in the middle of nowhere) and spend money in the tourism sector because they travel everywhere.
Nobody liked those travellers because they are often cheap, they don't look after things, and sometimes they cause damage but I know australian that made a lots of money because of them.

Secondly I could feel the hate and the proclaim of "proudly australians" against immigrants even on the tv news ( don't know for what reason), and that for me was not acceptable. Also I met people with european background and they were hiding it to avoid being isolated by "100% Australian" people.

@ Leon: What's your background?

How can people in the process of immigrating in Canada be a burden for the taxpayers? I am immigrating now with spouse PR and I can't have health coverage nor open a bank account (not even joint bank account with my wife that is Canadian citizen) until I am granted PR status.

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
lollka said:
It's a shame you came across folk like that - were are all not like that you know... but have to ask.... what an earth is your interpretation of 100% Australian? A 100% Australian IS an Aboriginal IMO.

In Melbourne for example Carlton is the capital of the Italian and Greek community and have various festivals to celebrate this and our MULTICULTURALISM as a nation. I can only speak from my experience. Please don't make generalised statements about 'Australia'.... Have you lived in ALL of the states and ALL of the suburbs??? - probably not. Whilst there are certain suburbs within Australia that focus on particular ethnicities, perhaps you were just not in an 'italian' friendly one... no reason to bag the WHOLE of Australia!

My husband (Canadian citizen) came to Australia as a backpacker.... and there was nothing 'menial' about the work he found in the telecommunications industry as an engineer setting up regional and remote GSM networks - he was in the right place at the right time.

... "Australians" seem to get their goat up about people coming into the country sponging off the tax payers dollars. Immigrants (legal AND illegal) in some cases receive more monetary assistance from the government than those true Australians who are battling ever day and were born in the country - that's probably where some of the descent comes from!. I am sure it happens all over the world. As a tax payer I know where I would want my money going.... unfortunately people rort the system and its everywhere - just as well us nice folk are not like that and try and look for the good in ALL people :-D....

Who do you also define as an 'average' australian? - lower income?? Middle class or higher income earner?

....interesting....
Well I lived and worked in Western Australia, Northern Territory and New South Wales.

You are probably right about Melbourne, it's famous for its multiculturalism. Not so much other places.

It's not about being Italian, it's about not speaking English as mother-tongue. Your husband being Canadian probably spoke English so it was not a problem as well as for my Irish/UK/NZ friends.

Do you know what the word WOG means? Well Australian called me that,not really affectionately, and it wasn't fun.At all.

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
erFiodena said:
Well I lived and worked in Western Australia, Northern Territory and New South Wales.

You are probably right about Melbourne, it's famous for its multiculturalism. Not so much other places.

It's not about being Italian, it's about not speaking English as mother-tongue. Your husband being Canadian probably spoke English so it was not a problem as well as for my Irish/UK/NZ friends.

Do you know what the word WOG means? Well Australian called me that,not really affectionately, and it wasn't fun.At all.
Up North - I can understand where you are coming from and boo to them as it's unfortunate language can present a barrier. South Australia also has a welcoming Italian/Greek community :-D. Did you do much 'research' about friendly suburbs to live in before arriving, if your background is important, it may have dictated where you went :-D

Indeed I do know what the phrase WOG means. It is so liberally used that my mum and dad were also referred to as 'wogs' when they immigrated over from their home land. Although they are Russian - go figure and it was far worse back then, which I find amusing as when you consider the majority of 'australians' back then... most of them came from bloodlines related back to the convicts from penal colonies that came from England and surrounding areas - that's fact!! I think had you found an Italian community you probably would have loved it more....

Is there a large Italian community within the province you have moved to, I wish you happiness there (sincerely) :-D....

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
I Just found this on another forum:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1E3pAwZ9ln2t3KN5

I am disgusted. I am sure she represents a very little part of the Canadian population.

I am worried about the 14k FB "Like" though.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She is coming off like an airhead so either she is or she is just playing. Judging from her black hair and black eyes, she is also not entirely white either. I wouldn't take her seriously :)

I am sure that most of the 14k people who clicked Like on her just like her as a joke too. Even the heading, she wants to move from Brampton to Toronto because of too many brown people is a joke because there are just as many brown people in Toronto, if not more.

erFiodena

Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
Leon said:
She is coming off like an airhead so either she is or she is just playing. Judging from her black hair and black eyes, she is also not entirely white either. I wouldn't take her seriously :)

Well, a few people of the other forum said that they go to the same school and that she in not joking, she is like that. I find her a bit weird too, but that's who she is.

Peace.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
erFiodena said:
Well, a few people of the other forum said that they go to the same school and that she in not joking, she is like that. I find her a bit weird too, but that's who she is.

Peace.
Her parents must be so proud ???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erFiodena said:

Peace.
So you are worried about racism because there is at least one airhead girl in Canada? :)