+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian student visa refusal

studentt

Jan 17, 2007
Hello everyone,

I am a student from pakistan. I applied for a canadian student visa about one and a half months ago, but sadly my visa has been refused 2 days ago on the following grounds mentioned by the visa officer at canadian high commission:

1- Not satisfied that i would depart from canada after completing your proposed studies as i dont have sufficient ties to pakistan to ensure my return.
2- Considering my employmentand academic history and the availability of similar programs of study in pakistan, i am not satisfied that your sole purpose for going to canada is to further my education.

Can anybody give me advice as to how can i satisfy the visa officer that i will come back, as that is my intention. But how do i prove my intention to the visa officer??? I really dont know what to do. I really want to apply again for a study visa but i dont know how to make the visa officer think differently about my situation( that i will return to pak after i finish my studies, as thats my intention).
How can i prove this point to the visa officer .????
both point 1 and 2 are related to each other , as not having any ties to pakistan means i wont return back.
All my parents live with me in pakistan , what are ties do they want me to have in pakistan????

Please help!!!

_Chris

Jan 18, 2007
Oh that's too bad that you've been denied. If you live with your parents than you would think that you would have no reason not to want to go back home after your education. Perhaps if you were going to take a specialized program here that you could not find in your own country it would be different. Sorry that I can't help you any further with your situation.

eria

Jan 22, 2007
The course for which you applied is'nt available in pakistan? if so then you can support your openion for going to canada else there is a chance for them to say that your intentions were wrong. and you can give them any document like bond with any company for contract (as a proof to them that you have to return here)

maksud

Mar 21, 2007
The ans. are hidden in the visa officer letter,just read it properly then u will understand why u been refused.
firstly, the course u selected is not related with ur previous academic background and your work experiences did not match with ur proposed course.
secondly, you hav to prove that,u must come back after ur study and so that, u hav to show them that, u hav a family here,or, u hav a job/business here and u have enough money u complete ur course. i dont know which course u hav selecte but it should be a modern subject which is suitable for u and ur job/business.

try again....

reem

Aug 1, 2007
what?
they refused on this basis that this course is availbale in pakistan?! :S but almost every course is available here. kher, hey plz tell me that did they call u for medical checkup before sending a refusal!? and what course u were going for???

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
studentt said:
2- Considering my employmentand academic history and the availability of similar programs of study in pakistan, i am not satisfied that your sole purpose for going to canada is to further my education.
There's a lot to this sentence. But you don't have to read between the lines.

You can attend the same classes in Pakistan (probably for less money). And your educational/employment history doesn't match the courses you signed up for. So they think you must have reasons other than education for wanting to go to Canada.

Bottom line, they want to see you've already chosen a "direction" in life before going to Canada to pursue higher education.

rohitsharma

Dec 28, 2007
I dont know whats the CANADA Embassy Problem..I mean how they can intimate the one wont come back from CANADA after studies..I got my friend here...His Father is a owner of Big restuarant.. The son who is going for studies he have property under his name for may be something around 2 crores....Then bank balances for around 20 lakhs in Applicant account..still visa refusal saying U wont come Back....

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
It's your responsibility to prove that you will return.

Even if you really intend to return, you might not have proven it sufficiently to CIC.

TNT

Jan 8, 2008
Dear Frens, First of all warm greetings to all of you from my side. I am a stuent from Nepal. I am also working in a Bank alongwith my studies. I have completed my bachelor degree in management and planning to my further studies from canada in major Banking which could also help me in getting one of the respectable position when I come back here in Nepal. But knowing about some of frens here, it is very hard to convince the counselor that we are going to return after finishing our course. They are not simply convinced by our family background & Bank Balance. So it has creat a doubt in my mind whether to try for the student visa or not. So I would be highly appreciate if you all can help me in this.

I heard it is student year in canada in 2008, so will it be easy to the visa in 2008??????

Thankx & Regds
AMit Pokhrel (TNT)

RzQs

Jul 20, 2009
@TNT

Well fren I too am from Nepal and trying for Canada this fall. But this student year is all rubbish. There is not any student year or sth like that. They re just rumour created by the people here in Nepal.

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
@ studentt,

Sorry to hear that...
You must make a strong case before the visa officer regarding your education.. you know it should make sense......

What course did u applied for, and do you have any professional experience in the degree you applied for?

Regards,

04el82

hey i can help you out just write me at ckt82@msn.com
I know how to get this student visa from pakistan

u may be did some mistake if ur applying for canada from pakistan on student visa you always apply for a course that is not available in pakistan like masters in internetworking engineering give proof to visa officer about it go 2 every university website of pakistan print there course and enclosed that also with application.

ties does not mean parents.. it means what u have in pakistan like business property etc?

make sure next time u will apply bank statement would be on ur name please dont add third party like friend is going to help u there or any relative they will definitly think it once u go might u get marry and wont be back so do this way if u need further help i can help u out.

Oct 26, 2009

hey there STUDENTS,

I been meaning to write abt my situation or lemme requote- much abt my applyin procedure for student visA..so here i go...

I m student of NEPAL-applyin from NEPAL for my further studies in canada..I applied for admission in college at TORONTO

n after few weeks i got my acceptance letter, conformation along with it,so after receivin my acceptance letter, i started my paper work regadin to submission to vfs.
N students who r applyin for canada from nepal wud definitely know n i m sure more than 90% student have been thru or goin thru same thing..ya i m talkin abt makin paper thru government office n ministry..i had made more than 3 or 4 arounds in gov office 2 make a single paper..n u guys well know how much paper we have to make thru gov office..well enuf abt situation abt gov office .Back to process

I hav completed abt 50% of my paper work i think. so may b ,soon i wud submit it to vfs..

THIS WRITING IS NOT 2 ASK QUESTION OR ANYTHING FOR NOW MAY BE I WUD POST QUERIES IF I HAVE ANY IN NEAR FUTURE ..ITS POST TO REQUEST U GUYS ESPECIALLY NEPALESE WHO R APPLYIN FOR JAN 2010 OF HAVE APPLIED B4 OR PLANNIN TO APPLY 2 WRITE N POST HERE HOW R UR VISA PROCEDURE GOIN SO FAR N WHT U BEEN THRU OR ANYTHING CONFUSSION,SATISFACTION ANYTHING IN UR MIND..SO THAT WE CUD HELP EACH OTHER OUT

I WUD DEFINIETLY BE LUKIN FORWARD FOR REPLIES..

N YA I RECENTLY ATTENDED ECAN FAIR HELD ..there WAS LOTS OF BUZZ REGARDIN -2010 AS STUDENT YEAR IN CANADA...BUT AS IT TURNS OUT IT WS ALL RUMORS..

LASTLY ,
HEY GUYS TAKE A DEEP BREATH N TAKE LIL BITE TIME OUT FROM RUNNIN TO MAKE PAPER WORKS,INQUIRY N POST WHTS UR PROGESS IN PROCESS..:)