+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport question

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
hello,
does anyone know if the guarantor can sign the passport application before we take the oath? just to get all the paperwork ready so as to apply for the pp 2 days after the oath ceremony?
thanks

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
You only bring other paperworks like pr card, your current passport, taxes, english or french certificate incase they ask you on oath day.

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Thank you all. I will try to make my question more clear. It seems no one has understood the question.

Guarantor needs to sign and date the passport application. So can this date be BEFORE the date of oath ceremony? Or it must be dated for after only..
I have all documents and ref and guarantor ready. It's abt the date as per passport application.
Hope this is clear.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Thank you all. I will try to make my question more clear. It seems no one has understood the question.

Guarantor needs to sign and date the passport application. So can this date be BEFORE the date of oath ceremony? Or it must be dated for after only..
I have all documents and ref and guarantor ready. It's abt the date as per passport application.
Hope this is clear.
I would suggest after the oath.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Can't you just put the date forward? In other words put the date in for after the oath and get him/her to sign it even if the signature happens before the date?

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017

Hope this is clear.
So far prepare for passport, photo, & trackable postage fees around $250 to be safe also gather ID'S so you can apply same day as oath day. I would also get 10 year pass xpiring one so not to go through another hustles and since they cost almost same $$ amount.

Last edited:

Hashad

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Requirement is that the guarantor should sign when application is complete and signed by the applicant, to complete the application you need 'citizenship number" (4(c)), if guarantor signs before the date of your oath, it is understood that the application was signed before it was complete, reason for rejection. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Meldaour

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Yes thank u all for ur answers.
I could have them sign it and date it for the day I'm applying for the pp.

In regards to the citizenship certificate number can't we just add tht by hand at a later date when we get it at the oath

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Yes thank u all for ur answers.
I could have them sign it and date it for the day I'm applying for the pp.

In regards to the citizenship certificate number can't we just add tht by hand at a later date when we get it at the oath
any one?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
yeah u can fill that in with pen after the ceremony.
Get everything else ready to apply.

Reactions: KT_2017

Natan

May 22, 2015
The law is very clear on this matter: if you add the citizenship certificate number to the application after the guarantor signs the application, that is fraud and is illegal; postdating a passport application is fraud and is illegal.

The proper order of things:
  1. Become a citizen
  2. Write citizenship certificate number on passport application
  3. Sign and date (date of signature) the passport application (guarantor must witness your signature)
  4. Have guarantor sign and date (date of signature) the application and one of the pictures
Filing an application without complying with the above four steps, in the order they are laid out, is fraud and may result not only in a denial of your passport application, but in fines and/or imprisonment for both the applicant and the guarantor.

Reactions: devilhimselff

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
The law is very clear on this matter: if you add the citizenship certificate number to the application after the guarantor signs the application, that is fraud and is illegal; postdating a passport application is fraud and is illegal.

1. Become a citizen
  3. Sign and date (date of signature) the passport application (guarantor must witness your signature)
  4. Have guarantor sign and date (date of signature) the application and one of the pictures
Filing an application without complying with the above four steps, in the order they are laid out, is fraud and may result not only in a denial of your passport application, but in fines and/or imprisonment for both the applicant and the guarantor.
I completely agree. I will advise to follow the above mentioned guidelines.

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017

1. Become a citizen
Thank you. I will have the guarantor sign the application after filling out the citizenship number. Better to do things in the correct manner.