+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian immigration worker strike

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
stonecold said:
is CIC WORKING NORMALLY NOW A DAYS.or else they are also on strike.because i don't see any movement from cic after MATRA case. please if someone contact cic then please share whether they are working or not. when these dry days will end just waiting ..........................
I have for more than a month now tried to ring their call center but havent been able to get through, i have sent numerous emails havent got a single reply back. So far now, you and ALL the other applicants are in the same boat. We are all left here hanging in the dark. The strike is going to take much longer to get resolved etc.... For now, CIC are only working on urgent Humanitarian appeals (im guessing refugee status etc.... only high priority cases that have a direct impact on the people). I guess there is nothing more we can do except wait.

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Some good news, I got my visitor visa approved. Got it yesterday. TOOK EXACTLY 59 DAYS to get it from inside Canada.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, REGARDS TO ALL

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

potential_resident said:
Some good news, I got my visitor visa approved. Got it yesterday. TOOK EXACTLY 59 DAYS to get it from inside Canada.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, REGARDS TO ALL
Exactly as the quoted processing time.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Finally received my Post Grad Work Permit
Applied on May 1st. Took a lot of time but at least got it. :D

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
PLEASE HELP :(

My mom had already finished her interview earlier. And CIC told her to wait for about 6 to 8 weeks for PR card.
She really needs to go back here due to personal reasons. In what aspects does CIC consider the urgent processing of PR? How long will it take? Thanks!

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Does anyone know if any facebook page or petition has been created for us, who are affected the most, by this strike to raise our voices?

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

Kenney isn't responsible for Foreign Service Officers, they are employees of the Dept of Foreign Affairs. Also the Minister doesn't negotiate with employees, it is Treasury Board of Canada. So don't blame Kenney. Don't gov't employees in your home country go on strike? Do you write the the Minister of the Dept. to tell him/her to make them go back to work because it inconveniences you?
Yes, in New Zealand people will write/tweet/protest to the minister of immigration so that they can portray the effect and scope it has on people who are directly affected by it. I am not saying going on strike is a bad thing either for those who are involved in it. Now I know that things work differently in Canada.

I got my visa approved within the timeframe stated on the website which I am extremely grateful for.

Thanks to all.

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
Guys if you are concerned about the delays and the strike - perhaps you may want to give momentum to our voice. I personally think that so far Canadian media has not really touched the plight of many of us who might be in a limbo cuz of this strike. So please - let's join on one platform to inform them how badly it is impacting us. We are based in Toronto/Ottawa and are willing to stage protests infront of CIC office if we gather enough support.

Join us https://www.facebook.com/EndTheStrikePafso

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
lhb007 said:
Does anyone know if any facebook page or petition has been created for us, who are affected the most, by this strike to raise our voices?
Guys if you are concerned about the delays and the strike - perhaps you may want to give momentum to our voice. I personally think that so far Canadian media has not really touched the plight of many of us who might be in a limbo cuz of this strike. So please - let's join on one platform to inform them how badly it is impacting us. We are based in Toronto/Ottawa and are willing to stage protests infront of CIC office if we gather enough support.

Join us https://www.facebook.com/EndTheStrikePafso