Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
I feel bad that the people who are already having a job are demanding for higher pay rates and at the other side people like me are without job and waiting for their work permit. :(

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
I will be tweeting Jason Kinney and I will do something to voice my concern, even its just one voice from a potential resident ! Canada is first world nation, now you need to up your game here!

Also, some other bloggers in this forum posted they mite as well give up on this process: a true story, some of my friends who were waiting for their visa to get approved to land and work in Canada, gave up and ended up applying to Australia instead. They landed not only good jobs but more importantly because their visa was issued within weeks for their type of application.

yemosa

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA V/O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
IELTS Request
Ielts dispatched with document
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon
tashford said:
Media advisory - Canada's Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers announce immediate withdrawal of services at key international posts and at Headquarters
OTTAWA, May 21, 2013 /CNW/ - As part of ongoing efforts to bring Treasury Board back to the negotiating table, Canada's Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) will withdraw services in a number of international locations and at Headquarters in Ottawa, effective immediately.

The interruption of services will take place at the following locations: London (immigration section), Buenos Aires, Santiago, and at HQ in the International Economic Relations & Summits Division, Treaty Law Division, North America Bureau, North America Policy & Relations Division, Director General for Africa, Eastern & Southern Africa Relations Division.

Canada's Foreign Service Officers are in a legal strike position and will be maintaining pressure on the government headquarters until Treasury Board returns to the negotiating table for a substantive and genuine discussion on addressing the pay inequities Today's announcement is the next step in a series of coordinated activities to take place this Spring including 'Information Pickets' held in Ottawa, Washington DC, London and Mexico City. PAFSO members are in the midst work-to-rule campaign both at headquarters and at foreign posts.

The primary issue at hand is PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service Officer pay in line with comparable occupational groups. Canada's Foreign Service Officers help create Canadian jobs and build prosperity by providing critical support for Canadian businesses and promoting Canadian values abroad, in addition to being critical link to the smooth operation of Canada's immigration system.

PAFSO representatives will be available for comment and can be booked for.

Who: Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), Canada's Foreign Service Officer union.
What: PAFSO is announcing the withdrawal of services in posts in key international locations and at Headquarters in Ottawa.
Where: London (immigration section)
Buenos Aires
Santiago
International Economic Relations & Summits Division (HQ)
Treaty Law Division (HQ)
North America Bureau (HQ)
North America Policy & Relations Division (HQ)
Director General for Africa (HQ)
Eastern & Southern Africa Relations Division (HQ)
When: Effective immediately
Why: The primary issue at hand is PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service Officer pay in line with comparable occupational groups. "We will continue rotating withdrawals of service at key missions abroad and units at headquarters until Treasury Board returns to the negotiating table for a substantive and genuine discussion on addressing the pay inequities to which Canadian diplomats are subjected." (Tim Edwards, President, PAFSO.)
SOURCE: Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO)

For further information:
Frederic Fournier
media @ pafso-apase.com
613-790-5402

mindianboy

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends
Can anyone have any news regarding the strike in immigration offices by FASCO
Is it continues or the matter have been solved.
It will afect our visa stamping to what extent

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it has not been resolved and I was told that it will considerably lengthen our process.

stonecold

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is CIC WORKING NORMALLY NOW A DAYS.or else they are also on strike.because i don't see any movement from cic after MATRA case. please if someone contact cic then please share whether they are working or not. when these dry days will end just waiting ..........................

simsonks

Jun 11, 2013
Great news!! :p

People no more come to Canada, it is a beautiful country but politics and government system is far worse, so that everyone at one point of time in their life they suffer.

adding to this, the strike...crazy officers...I believe these guys at high commission offices do not work, if they work there would not any back log. Fire :mad: them and appoint new officers at least they realize how important is working properly.

amberjo

Jun 4, 2013
Are australian applicants affected? Because there is no news that the Austrlian Visa office in Sydney has gone on strike.??

laksmisesh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
CLB 7
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
looks like there vl be an indefinite delay for all the categories!!!! bad time!!!

Seniors- please give your suggestions here, has this happened earlier, what is the expected time delay??[/s]

laksmisesh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
CLB 7
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
May be yes, as this looks more indefinite!!

Senior people on the forum please share your thoughts and opinions

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
I took your advice and tweeted Jason directly. Obviously, i havent got a reply back! Pathetic. He is the root of the problem.

tashford said:
Pretty much. Sorry, but we have to do what we have to do... unfortunately. Please feel free to write a letter to Citizenship and Immigration Minister Kenney telling him to encourage his government to offer a fair deal to Immigration employees and pay them the same as others doing the same work.

jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca

Or give him a tweet telling him to solve the problem. This issue is coming from the highest levels, the more pressure they receive, the more likely this is to get resolved and you can come to Canada. :)

https://twitter.com/kenneyjason

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

potential_resident said:
I took your advice and tweeted Jason directly. Obviously, i havent got a reply back! Pathetic. He is the root of the problem.
Kenney isn't responsible for Foreign Service Officers, they are employees of the Dept of Foreign Affairs. Also the Minister doesn't negotiate with employees, it is Treasury Board of Canada. So don't blame Kenney. Don't gov't employees in your home country go on strike? Do you write the the Minister of the Dept. to tell him/her to make them go back to work because it inconveniences you?

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Kenney isn't responsible for Foreign Service Officers, they are employees of the Dept of Foreign Affairs. Also the Minister doesn't negotiate with employees, it is Treasury Board of Canada. So don't blame Kenney. Don't gov't employees in your home country go on strike? Do you write the the Minister of the Dept. to tell him/her to make them go back to work because it inconveniences you?

lol yeah it inconveniences me