+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class

Chrisgorg

Sep 25, 2017
Hi
I applied for PR and was selected under Canadian Experience Class. Shortly after I received the ITA. Within three months I got and e-mail from IRCC requesting the Landing Fees ($490). I did uploaded it right away. two (2) days ago I received another letter from IRCC asking for additional documents such as my original passport, copy of my Credentials Verification however I submitted the proof of credential assessment along with my initial package. The question is why would IRCC ask for original documents and particularly the passport, noting that I am from a country that is Visa Exempt ??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi
I applied for PR and was selected under Canadian Experience Class. Shortly after I received the ITA. Within three months I got and e-mail from IRCC requesting the Landing Fees ($490). I did uploaded it right away. two (2) days ago I received another letter from IRCC asking for additional documents such as my original passport, copy of my Credentials Verification however I submitted the proof of credential assessment along with my initial package. The question is why would IRCC ask for original documents and particularly the passport, noting that I am from a country that is Visa Exempt ??
without being able to read the actual letter and based on what you have told us - I would suggest -

1) re-read the letter - they often use a form letter with many possible items that can be checked off - if it is not checked, it does not apply to you. You only need to respond to the checked items. If you aren't sure, have someone else read the letter.

2) If you are still concerned, call IRCC to verify the request (make sure it isn't fraud). The call centre might not be able to tell you WHY, but they should be able to verify that the request was made by IRCC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp

Reactions: Tomi2