Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Hello everyone,

I have applied to sponsor my wife back in November 2012,
the only thing I got since November was a letter in January saying that my application was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo,

I see ppl on here that have applied after November (Cairo Application) and got it before me

please advise who to talk to and what to do

thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
khilo said:
Hello everyone,

the only thing I got since November was a letter in January saying that my application was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo,

I see ppl on here that have applied after November (Cairo Application) and got it before me

thanks,
The last information that I have is that the Cairo embassy is closed because of the violence.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
I believe they're open now, their website no longer states that it is closed

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
khilo said:
I believe they're open now, their website no longer states that it is closed
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/visas/index.aspx says that it is closed.

LisaAhmed

Jul 26, 2013
Hello,

I'm new here, our file in the Cairo office says they have my husband's medical ... that's all I have no idea what to expect next. Does anyone have any idea?

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
the are closed ... my husband had his interview in may and we are still waiting for the rejection letter he got denied visa because im older and he is muslim ,some of us had the same officer and said the same thing to them..our letter is very late so i just went ahead and order the CAIPS NOTES..im kinda lost

fker

Jan 29, 2016
khilo said:
Hello everyone,

thanks,

The Embassy of Canada has moved to a new permanent location at:

Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221
Telephone: +20 2 2461-2200
Fax: +20 2 2461-2201

Miraa

Jan 21, 2017
Dear All,

I received my permenant residency visa from egypt's office a week ago and it is valid until next April. But I was applying as single. I will travel for landing next month.
Now my marital status has changed and I am married, can my husband get his permenant residency visa now and travel with me to Canada ? Or I should travel to Canada and after I get my PR card I sponsor him ?
Your soonest reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amira.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Miraa said:
Dear All,

I received my permenant residency visa from egypt's office a week ago and it is valid until next April. But I was applying as single. I will travel for landing next month.
Now my marital status has changed and I am married, can my husband get his permenant residency visa now and travel with me to Canada ? Or I should travel to Canada and after I get my PR card I sponsor him ?

Thanks,
Amira.
You MUST inform the visa office before you land as a PR. If you don't, you will NEVER be able to sponsor your spouse. They will cancel your current visa and COPR. Once your spouse has been medically examined and passed the background check, you will both be issued a new visa and COPR.

Miraa

Jan 21, 2017
No Iam still single now..may be I wasn't clear enough about my question..Iam just planning to marry so which better married in my country first and inform them before landing ??..or landing as a single woman and back again to my country to marry and back to Canada to start the procedures of spouse my husband.
This the two options for me..so I only have 2 questions about that:
First :if i married here in my country first..definitely they will cancel my visa and issues a new one for both of us..that's means Iam will enter the pool again and waiting an invitation again and that's of course will depends on my score because I already applied through express entry ?
Second :if I am landing first and spouse my husband after marriage..I should already have an spacific income or can starting to take steps in his paper with working part time or even without work ?
Thanks alot :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Miraa said:
No Iam still single now..may be I wasn't clear enough about my question..Iam just planning to marry so which better married in my country first and inform them before landing ??..or landing as a single woman and back again to my country to marry and back to Canada to start the procedures of spouse my husband.
This the two options for me..so I only have 2 questions about that:
First :if i married here in my country first..definitely they will cancel my visa and issues a new one for both of us..that's means Iam will enter the pool again and waiting an invitation again and that's of course will depends on my score because I already applied through express entry ?
Second :if I am landing first and spouse my husband after marriage..I should already have an spacific income or can starting to take steps in his paper with working part time or even without work ?
Thanks alot :)
Your clarification on this was very helpful. If you are not yet married, the two options both have merit.

1) Marry first. This will add delay to your becoming a PR and if your husband is inadmissible, your application will also be cancelled. However, if everything is ok, you will start your PR life in Canada together and not be apart. Your husband is added to the existing application.

2) Marry later. You can land and there is no delay or added risk for you. However, you will almost certainly be apart from each other for a long period because you must be in Canada to sponsor and your husband may be denied a visitor visa. You do not need to meet any specific financial or employment requirements to be able to sponsor your husband.

Miraa

Jan 21, 2017
Thanks alot for your assistance & your soonest reply too.
I just need you to clarify something I read it related to the second point (marry later)..I will copy and paste for you first to be clear :

Employment/Source of Support - Do not complete this section if you are a Quebec resident.
If you (the sponsor) are employed, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week. Also submit your most recent Notice of Assessment, or an equivalent document, issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You can view (and print) your tax return(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service. If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment, or an equivalent document, for the most recent taxation year, provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

This is the one of check list in the sponsorship papers which I must fill it.
So what I can do if I still don't work or work a part time and in the same time I need to start the procedures as soon as possible ??
So can you please clarify what was written at this point and how can I fill it in a right way to avoid any delay in his file.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Miraa said:
Thanks alot for your assistance & your soonest reply too.
I just need you to clarify something I read it related to the second point (marry later)..I will copy and paste for you first to be clear :

Employment/Source of Support - Do not complete this section if you are a Quebec resident.
If you (the sponsor) are employed, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week. Also submit your most recent Notice of Assessment, or an equivalent document, issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You can view (and print) your tax return(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service. If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment, or an equivalent document, for the most recent taxation year, provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

This is the one of check list in the sponsorship papers which I must fill it.
So what I can do if I still don't work or work a part time and in the same time I need to start the procedures as soon as possible ??
So can you please clarify what was written at this point and how can I fill it in a right way to avoid any delay in his file.
If you are a new PR, you won't have any CRA tax records yet, so add a sheet of paper with the details instead. Add that you also not currently employed. It's not usually an issue. Then that will meet the checklist requirements.

johnhanna62

Dec 23, 2016
Greetings Amira,
How long does it take them to stamp the visa in your passport? When did u send the passport and when and how did you receive it?

Thanks a lot in advance,
John

Dear All,

Thanks,
Amira.
ey

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
hey i got this response by email
Kindly note that your file is pending security clearance. Upon receipt of the result, we will be able to proceed with your case.
they already asked for my passport and two photos and my tall and eye color but the last email they send i don't understand what happening
is that the last step b4 DM or wt ?