+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada visitor visa Refused

sonuhere

Apr 16, 2016
Hello Experts,

My wife is a student in Canada (went 3 months back) and staying with our family friend. I applied for one month Canada Visitor Visa for my mother and me on 27th July 2016 and I got reply with rejection on 4th August. I am surprised with the reason they gave. Here are their reasons "Given Economic Condition, Employment Prospects, Considering your Travel History, Economic Establishment and family ties."

Below is the list of documents I attached

1. Invitation letter, Pay slips, Bank Statements, Bills of my sponsor and his wife (family friend where my wife is staying).
2. Bank statement of last 6 months with 3,50,000 balance ($7000) and FDs of Rs 10,00,000 ($20000)
3. Gold of Rs. 20,00,000 ($40000)
4. My 3 months Cash salary slips Rs. 34,000 ($700)
4. NOC from my employer
5. My marriage Certificate
6. Passports

I am confused what to do to support my application. Shall I apply again ASAP? To support my rejection reason I can give below reasons

Given Economic Condition - renting house, can show rent agreements, Gold, Fixed Deposits
Employment Prospects - on permanent job
Considering your Travel History - I have studied in UK, and stayed there for 5 years, Visited France, Belgium, Luxembourg on Schengen Visa
Economic Establishment -
family ties - big family married 2 brother and 2 sisters

My mother is 70 and (I am 30) we both applied on one application because we both wanted to go together.

Can you suggest me what to do?

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. What documents did your mom submit? And for yourself?

2. Since when are you working with your current employer? Any employment gap before this?

3. Did you have any large, recent deposits in your/your mom's bank accounts?

4. What documents did you submit for your financial investments?

5. Do you/your mom own any land/property?

6. Documents for gold as an investment?

7. When did you study in the UK? And when did you travel on your Schengen visa?

Cheers

sonuhere

Apr 16, 2016
Hello Bryanna,

Thank you for the reply. Here is the answer of your questions ...

1. What documents did your mom submit? And for yourself? -

Mom: VISA Form, Family Info Form, Passport, two Bank Statements of My mother (1. in which she is getting pension $300 monthly,
no balance 2. she has balance of $3000)

My Docs: VISA Form, Family Info Form, Passport, Bank Statement (Joint account of my and mother Balance $7000), two Fixed Deposits
Rs 10,00,000 or $ 20,000, 5 months old) My Salary Slips (last 3 months Cash Salary Rs. 34000 or $700), NOC from my
employer with leave date mentioned (one month 25 aug 2016 to 24 sept 2016), Marriage Certificate, Wife's passport and
Student Visa Copy

Common Docs: Invitation letter of sponsor, Passport and PR Card Copy, Pay slips (last 3 months), Bank Statements (last 3 months), Bills of
my sponsor and his wife (family friend where my wife is staying).
Gold Valuation Certificate on both my and my mothers name (Rs. 18,50,000 or $37000)

2. Since when are you working with your current employer? Any employment gap before this? - working since May 2015/ before this I was in UK, no GAP

3. Did you have any large, recent deposits in your/your mom's bank accounts? - No large deposits recently, the balance and Fixed Deposits last 5-6 months

4. What documents did you submit for your financial investments? - as mentioned above,

Mother- her two bank accounts (1. in which she is getting pension Rs 15000 or $300 2. she has balance of $3000)
Myself one bank account Balance $7000 and two Fixed Deposits of Rs 5,00,000 each, five months old (total $20,000)

5. Do you/your mom own any land/property? - we dont have any land/property

6. Documents for gold as an investment? - not investment, this is our Jewellery (my wife and mother)

7. When did you study in the UK? And when did you travel on your Schengen visa? - Studied sept 2010 to March 2012, then on work permit till may 2015 but came to India april 2015. Schengen Visa Permit 2.07.13-2.10.13 (Travelled for 10 days between these terms)

Hope I answered all your questions, please suggest where I went wrong and how I can rectify that. Shall I submit single applications?

Regards,

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why did they reject the application ? did they give a list of reasons ?
I had applied for Aus visa 4 years back, visit... they rejected it giving some baseless reasons... So i replied a few months later with a proper reply to each and every point they raised...
I did get a visa, however it was valid for 3 months only :p

sonuhere

Apr 16, 2016
thestunner316

Given Economic Condition, Employment Prospects, Considering your Travel History, Economic Establishment and family ties.
"I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada".

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
thestunner316 said:
why did they reject the application ? did they give a list of reasons ?
I had applied for Aus visa 4 years back, visit... they rejected it giving some baseless reasons... So i replied a few months later with a proper reply to each and every point they raised...
I did get a visa, however it was valid for 3 months only :p
Hi
how did you give a letter of explanation to each of the point they raised? did you attach a letter.
how long was your stay mentioned in your invitation letter?
valid for only 3 months? they did not provide you multiple entry visa?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
next time you reapply make sure you post all visa pages in your passport as well... (incase you didnt send it previously) and mention in the cover letter that you have travelled and returned from other countries in europe.
if you have any property in your name that helps greatly also...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sindhugururaj said:
Hi
how did you give a letter of explanation to each of the point they raised? did you attach a letter.
how long was your stay mentioned in your invitation letter?
valid for only 3 months? they did not provide you multiple entry visa?
Yes i did, next time i applied with all the documents, i put a cover letter, wrote down EACH and every point that they raised against me, answered each point ... in 1-2 cases i said yes, you are right and didnt answer (LIke they said i dont have wife and children in home country as i'm unmarried... i said yeah true, and went to next point)

stay was 3 months, visa validity was 12 months i think, or less... cant remmeber it was a while back.... and yes unbelievably it was multiple entry... like i would goto australia from india more than once in 3 months... LOL - that was the best part.

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
sonuhere said:
Hello Bryanna,

Thank you for the reply. Here is the answer of your questions ...

1. What documents did your mom submit? And for yourself? -

Mom: VISA Form, Family Info Form, Passport, two Bank Statements of My mother (1. in which she is getting pension $300 monthly,
no balance 2. she has balance of $3000)

My Docs: VISA Form, Family Info Form, Passport, Bank Statement (Joint account of my and mother Balance $7000), two Fixed Deposits
Rs 10,00,000 or $ 20,000, 5 months old) My Salary Slips (last 3 months Cash Salary Rs. 34000 or $700), NOC from my
employer with leave date mentioned (one month 25 aug 2016 to 24 sept 2016), Marriage Certificate, Wife's passport and
Student Visa Copy

Common Docs: Invitation letter of sponsor, Passport and PR Card Copy, Pay slips (last 3 months), Bank Statements (last 3 months), Bills of
my sponsor and his wife (family friend where my wife is staying).
Gold Valuation Certificate on both my and my mothers name (Rs. 18,50,000 or $37000)

2. Since when are you working with your current employer? Any employment gap before this? - working since May 2015/ before this I was in UK, no GAP

3. Did you have any large, recent deposits in your/your mom's bank accounts? - No large deposits recently, the balance and Fixed Deposits last 5-6 months

4. What documents did you submit for your financial investments? - as mentioned above,

Mother- her two bank accounts (1. in which she is getting pension Rs 15000 or $300 2. she has balance of $3000)
Myself one bank account Balance $7000 and two Fixed Deposits of Rs 5,00,000 each, five months old (total $20,000)

5. Do you/your mom own any land/property? - we dont have any land/property

6. Documents for gold as an investment? - not investment, this is our Jewellery (my wife and mother)

7. When did you study in the UK? And when did you travel on your Schengen visa? - Studied sept 2010 to March 2012, then on work permit till may 2015 but came to India april 2015. Schengen Visa Permit 2.07.13-2.10.13 (Travelled for 10 days between these terms)

Hope I answered all your questions, please suggest where I went wrong and how I can rectify that. Shall I submit single applications?

Regards,
Not owning any property, and it appears your mother is dependent on you, with your wife studying in Canada I can absolutely see why they refused you. In the visa officer's mind you don't have a lot of things to bring you back home after your trip in Canada. The only reason a visitor visa is refused is if the officer doesn't think you'll come home after. The line about the economic conditions also suggests this is going to be a hard thing to overcome. Your Schengen work permit also isn't going to help because it's just further proof to the visa officer that jobs are hard to comeby where you live :(

Reactions: reetottal

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
sonuhere said:
Hello Experts,

My wife is a student in Canada (went 3 months back) and staying with our family friend. I applied for one month Canada Visitor Visa for my mother and me on 27th July 2016 and I got reply with rejection on 4th August. I am surprised with the reason they gave. Here are their reasons "Given Economic Condition, Employment Prospects, Considering your Travel History, Economic Establishment and family ties."
Perhaps you should apply only for yourself excluding your mother from the application.

kaniro

Jul 13, 2017
thestunner316

Given Economic Condition, Employment Prospects, Considering your Travel History, Economic Establishment and family ties.
"I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada".
What does that even mean?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What does that even mean?
It means CIC believes the person has plans to remain in Canada long term and isn't a genuine tourist.

kaniro

Jul 13, 2017
It means CIC believes the person has plans to remain in Canada long term and isn't a genuine tourist.
Well what if someone's spouse wants to travel to see the husband / wife? aren't they genuine tourists? What if the PR application is in process ? why would someone screw up their record ? and reading through some of the post, its quiet apparent that this reason is given out by officers quiet often, which is ridiculous and seems lame to be LOL. Like why would you stop someone from seeing their Spouse

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well what if someone's spouse wants to travel to see the husband / wife? aren't they genuine tourists? What if the PR application is in process ? why would someone screw up their record ? and reading through some of the post, its quiet apparent that this reason is given out by officers quiet often, which is ridiculous and seems lame to be LOL. Like why would you stop someone from seeing their Spouse
Unfortunately quite a lot of the blame lies with people who came before you. Too many people in the past have used the tourist visa as a way of moving to Canada early (rather than truly visiting). So the short answer is that many/most of the rules in place today are there due to visa violations / bad behaviours of the past.