+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR medical, child with speech delay

seeker1975

Oct 28, 2013
All,

I have applied for PR inside Canada for myself, wife and my child who is now 2.5 years old and we went for medical exam after receiving an email from CIC to do so.

Our medical exam was fine but the physician noticed a speech delay for my 2.5 years old child and have taken a note of that in her medical report to CIC and have asked me if I have any report from paediatrician and speech delay for my son and I told her that he was checked by paediatrician 3 months ago and every thing was fine except a speech delay for which the paediatrician recommended a preschool.

I contacted the paediatrician and obtained an official report from her about my son in which she wrote the following:

She checked my child 3 months ago when he was 2 tears and 3 months old and that he has an 'isolated'
speech delay, mainly expressive, which should 'simply' improve with time. The rest of his development was normal and there were no red flags for any developments challenges such as autism, and the paediatrician wrote as well that her recommendation for my child is a preschool speech & language services.

I have given this paediatrician report to the physician and she submitted it together with medical reports to CIC.

Is this a problem which can cause a rejection for our PR application? Is anyone aware of any similar cases and what happened there? My child is normal except a speech delay which will improve given that he is just 2.5 years old so still a baby.

Please I need help and advice.

Jul 2, 2014
Hi Seeker1975,

CIC is very particular on health that can cause excessive demand on social services. We have the same situation. My child is 4 yrs of age and has Global Developmental Delay / Mild Autism. I have received a refusal letter after our medical, they found out that my child may cause excessive demand on social services. But, we are given a Fairness Letter for us to mitigate the cost, plan of education etc to proof that we can sustain the cost once my child will be here in Canada. I have hired an Immigration Lawyer to help me. I have responded with a signed letter of intent last May 2014. But to this date, I havent had receive any response yet from CIC. I hope everything will be okay.
How is your status now?

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
I know my reply is so late. But hoping on helping others that has similar problem. When we had the medical exam the GM notice also that my son ( he is 3years old that time) Have speech delay and recommended some test. This cause us 4 months delay on our papers. He had hearing test, and Psych-ed exam but all normal except for speech delay and they suspect learning disabilities.The Psychologist recommend speech therapy and preschool. But when CIC received all required test they approved our application. Now where living in Vancouver for almost 4 years and now waiting for our citizenship application. My son is doing well and receiving speech therapy at their school every week. I hope everything is well on your kid.

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged-11th Feb 2015 / ECAS went live-4th March 2015
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Request: 04th Sep 2015 / Submitted: 08th Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
leeneljane said:
I know my reply is so late. But hoping on helping others that has similar problem. When we had the medical exam the GM notice also that my son ( he is 3years old that time) Have speech delay and recommended some test. This cause us 4 months delay on our papers. He had hearing test, and Psych-ed exam but all normal except for speech delay and they suspect learning disabilities.The Psychologist recommend speech therapy and preschool. But when CIC received all required test they approved our application. Now where living in Vancouver for almost 4 years and now waiting for our citizenship application. My son is doing well and receiving speech therapy at their school every week. I hope everything is well on your kid.
Dear leeneljane

I have a daughter who is 7 years old with mild ADHD. Ur msg seems encouraging to me since I was worried about this potential issue if at all I get PER. I hav been recently charged btw.

Is it possible to share more details on the tests recommended by CIC, challenges you faced if any for providing him right social environment and education etc

Many thanks in advance

My mail id is krisvasanthkumar@gmail.com

Kind regards

Kris

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
leeneljane said:
Please help me.

My dependent child (9 years) got furtherance medical information request.

She is assessed as borderline intellectual developmental disability by clinical psychologist referred by penal physician.

Further appointment is regarding cognitive developmental assessment with developmental Psychologist/Pediatrician after two months.

My child studies in normal school. (4th standard) She is having a speech reluctant problem and lagging behind peers in study. No special care is required for daily living tasks.

Please guide me what I should to do?

What kind of further tests will be required?

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
Aryan2015 said:
Please help me.

My dependent child (9 years) got furtherance medical information request.

She is assessed as borderline intellectual developmental disability by clinical psychologist referred by penal physician.

Further appointment is regarding cognitive developmental assessment with developmental Psychologist/Pediatrician after two months.

My child studies in normal school. (4th standard) She is having a speech reluctant problem and lagging behind peers in study. No special care is required for daily living tasks.

Please guide me what I should to do?

What kind of further tests will be required?
Dear Aryan
Unfortunately this discussion seems to be dormant. Even I share the same concern like you. What is your timeline.

Did you voluntarily declare ur daughters problem or was it detected by the CIC doctor.

Regards

Kris

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
krisvasanthkumar said:
Dear Aryan
Unfortunately this discussion seems to be dormant. Even I share the same concern like you. What is your timeline.

Did you voluntarily declare ur daughters problem or was it detected by the CIC doctor.

Regards

Dear Kris,

It was detected by CIC doctor and re medical is pendig and time kine is aftre 2 months.

I can't understand why after two months?

Kris

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
It seems that they will do a thorough analysis on the impact on their social and educational system. Each and every step takes 2-3 months for their decisions. Would you think to hire a lawyer depending on how ur daughters medical goes?

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
Sorry for the late reply. Kind of busy at work, my sons medical and our citizenship review. When we had our medical exam the GP interview my son and noticed that his response only 1-3 words at a time and can't complete sentences. before we went to the GP for medical I sent him to his pediatrician to be sure all is well and discussed the his speech but the doctor only told me that its not a big deal and he can improve in time. The GP recommend us to psychologist and the psychologist recommend further testing like hearing and eye test, speech evaluation and preschool. Speech evaluation takes time around 1 month (2x a week seasions). then we sent all the test results ( all normal results) and the speech therapist evalution to the Psychologist and rcommend us to continue his preschool and speech therapy. After CIC received our medical exam they sent us a letter to give the GP telling the GP to send them all the results ASAP. after another 1 month we had our passport request. I hope all's well to everyone.

Reactions: Nimrod

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
leeneljane said:
Sorry for the late reply. Kind of busy at work, my sons medical and our citizenship review. When we had our medical exam the GP interview my son and noticed that his response only 1-3 words at a time and can't complete sentences. before we went to the GP for medical I sent him to his pediatrician to be sure all is well and discussed the his speech but the doctor only told me that its not a big deal and he can improve in time. The GP recommend us to psychologist and the psychologist recommend further testing like hearing and eye test, speech evaluation and preschool. Speech evaluation takes time around 1 month (2x a week seasions). then we sent all the test results ( all normal results) and the speech therapist evalution to the Psychologist and rcommend us to continue his preschool and speech therapy. After CIC received our medical exam they sent us a letter to give the GP telling the GP to send them all the results ASAP. after another 1 month we had our passport request. I hope all's well to everyone.
Thanks for ur reply leeneljane. Appreciate ur time.

Btw how are the facilities in Canada to educate our kids. Is ur son going to normal school or a special one? Hope he got the right facility in Canada to improve and excel in his area of choice

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
krisvasanthkumar said:
Thanks for ur reply leeneljane. Appreciate ur time.

Btw how are the facilities in Canada to educate our kids. Is ur son going to normal school or a special one? Hope he got the right facility in Canada to improve and excel in his area of choice
He's doing great, thanks for asking. He's on public school here in Vancouver. We're lucky because he is getting lots of support in his School, he have speech therapy, resource teacher and ESL. His pediatrician referred him to take psych-ed exam and we're lucky that they have it in his School but their Psychologist told me that she's going to do it when my son is in grade 3 to have an accurate result so where going to wait next school year.

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
leeneljane said:
He's doing great, thanks for asking. He's on public school here in Vancouver. We're lucky because he is getting lots of support in his School, he have speech therapy, resource teacher and ESL. His pediatrician referred him to take psych-ed exam and we're lucky that they have it in his School but their Psychologist told me that she's going to do it when my son is in grade 3 to have an accurate result so where going to wait next school year.
Good to know and very encouraging.
All the very best

Balu42

Apr 1, 2015
Hi All,

My Application was received on Dec 8th and Got File No on 15th April and my medicals on 2nd May. PNP from PEI.

I had my medical test for PR this week.

Me and my wife cleared the test without any issues.

My 2.5 Years Old son has been asked to be referred to a Pediatric Doctor, because he didn't do what the Doctor instructed him to do during the examination.

Doctor also told that Pediatric appointment won't be given soon and it may take many months for Pediatric Doctor appointment, since its not an emergency situation.

Is it common for Medical test issue with toddler Kids. How long does it will take for the appointment and getting the medicals completed for my kid.

I am really worried on the outcome of his medical test, Please provide your thoughts on this.

Has anyone faced similar situation. any thoughts welcome.

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
Balu42 said:
Hi All,

My Application was received on Dec 8th and Got File No on 15th April and my medicals on 2nd May. PNP from PEI.

I had my medical test for PR this week.

Me and my wife cleared the test without any issues.

My 2.5 Years Old son has been asked to be referred to a Pediatric Doctor, because he didn't do what the Doctor instructed him to do during the examination.

Doctor also told that Pediatric appointment won't be given soon and it may take many months for Pediatric Doctor appointment, since its not an emergency situation.

Is it common for Medical test issue with toddler Kids. How long does it will take for the appointment and getting the medicals completed for my kid.

I am really worried on the outcome of his medical test, Please provide your thoughts on this.

Has anyone faced similar situation. any thoughts welcome.
Our GP required my son to see their certified pediatric psychologist it takes 2 weeks for us to have an appointment. It depends on your location how long will it take for you to have an appointment. all in all it take us 3 months wait from the day me had our medical to complete all required test on my son. In my opinion most toddler don't listen to stranger/ people they just met. Don't worry every thing is gonna be alright, just be patient. good luck to your family.

PrincessIrene02

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2015
i am facing the same situation...my son is almost 3 years old and he is delayed in speech...though he is undergoing speech therapy right now...