App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum for this question .... but my wife, 2 year old daughter and I arrived to live in Canada in January this year. Wife is a returning citizen, daughter is a citizen living here for the first time and I am a landed permanent resident. My wife is working, I am not yet. Regarding CCB, I'm reading that any CCB payable is calculated in one's last Canadian tax return. But my wife's last Canadian tax return was many years ago, and I've never filed one. Does this mean we need to wait until into 2018 to apply for CCB?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You can apply right away, even newcomers can apply, submit the form or apply in my account, CRA will reply and ask you of your income for the past year converted to CAD.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc66/rc66-12-16e.pdf

p_s_s_k

May 23, 2019
Hi,

I have a question.

My wife arrived in Canada with our 1yr old kid on October 2017. She was on an open work permit. I arrived a month before. I was on a closed work permit valid till Aug 2019. We had another kid in Dec 2018 born in Canada. We got PR on Feb 2019.

My question is, because we got PR before completing 18 months as temporary residents, are we not eligible for CCB for that period (Oct 2017 - Jan 2019). We got CCB paid for the period after we got PR (Mar 2019 - May 2019).

When we called CRA, the agent asked us to submit a request letter. I am not sure what other details we need to provide. Don't they already have all our details? Please help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have a question.

My wife arrived in Canada with our 1yr old kid on October 2017. She was on an open work permit. I arrived a month before. I was on a closed work permit valid till Aug 2019. We had another kid in Dec 2018 born in Canada. We got PR on Feb 2019.

My question is, because we got PR before completing 18 months as temporary residents, are we not eligible for CCB for that period (Oct 2017 - Jan 2019). We got CCB paid for the period after we got PR (Mar 2019 - May 2019).

When we called CRA, the agent asked us to submit a request letter. I am not sure what other details we need to provide. Don't they already have all our details? Please help.
No you don't qualify for CCB earlier. Don't follow your logic why you think you would.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a question.

Agree with above. No idea why you think you would qualify for that time. Even if you had not become PRs, there would not have been any retroactive payments for the first 18 months as a temporary worker. You would have only received the benefit from the 19th month onwards.

p_s_s_k

May 23, 2019
Agree with above. No idea why you think you would qualify for that time. Even if you had not become PRs, there would not have been any retroactive payments for the first 18 months as a temporary worker. You would have only received the benefit from the 19th month onwards.
Thanks for your reply. I used the CCB benefit calculator, and it was showing an amount greater than what I received. So I thought they would pay retroactively.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I used the CCB benefit calculator, and it was showing an amount greater than what I received. So I thought they would pay retroactively.
First it is just an estimate and can't differentiate when you actually qualified for the benefits. You would have still been under the 18 months so that period would never count for CCB. Wouldn't submit the request for reassessment.

p_s_s_k

May 23, 2019
First it is just an estimate and can't differentiate when you actually qualified for the benefits. You would have still been under the 18 months so that period would never count for CCB. Wouldn't submit the request for reassessment.
Ok. Thank you.

DSharma2@2@

Dec 17, 2023
Hi,
I would appreciate if I could get some clarity or help with my issue
I arrived in Canada on 7 the sep 2021 on TRV and got the work permit in Apr 2022 followed by PR in Aug'22. I never changed my Work permit Sin to a Permanent one even after becoming permanent citizen.Now my baby arrived in July 23 but they rejected my CcB application stating not eligible.

Not sure if they did this since I am still on temp SIN.

And In the income section should I mention the income earned by me in India?