+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can you have multiple PR applications in?

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
I have noticed that quite a few people have applied for PR under multiple categories and weigh their options depending on the progress of each application.
does CIC approve of this type of approach?
I see pros for the applicants who do this, but also see some issues that may cause for the applicants with a single application.
As far as my understanding goes, there is a quota as to how many applications CIC will accept to process each year.
What are your thoughts on this matter?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
squishyface said:
I have noticed that quite a few people have applied for PR under multiple categories and weigh their options depending on the progress of each application.
does CIC approve of this type of approach?
I see pros for the applicants who do this, but also see some issues that may cause for the applicants with a single application.
As far as my understanding goes, there is a quota as to how many applications CIC will accept to process each year.
What are your thoughts on this matter?
You can have multiple PR applications at the same time, however, only in different classes.
Like one CEC application and a PNP application. You can't have to CEC application.s

Also, whenever the first application gets approved, you will have to withdraw the second application.

NOTE: Multiple applications also mean multiple applicant fees...

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
iam_toby said:
You can have multiple PR applications at the same time, however, only in different classes.
Like one CEC application and a PNP application. You can't have to CEC application.s
Also, whenever the first application gets approved, you will have to withdraw the second application.
Agreed! There's been quite a few people on here that have done this. So, yes, you are allowed to apply for different streams simulteniously. You can run them concurrently, and when one is approved and finalized, you can just email them and withdraw the other applications.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=864&t=6

Accroding to the link below i can apply multiple CEC applications. Is this right? Can i have multiple applications in the same application program like

(Application 1 - CEC class) & also

(Application 2 - CEC class)

Libin_Lazar

May 9, 2017
Hi Guys,

Gotta question, I have applied for permanent residency under SCLP family class in July, 2016 and also under CEC in April, 2017. My current open work permit is based on SCLP class. So now my question is, would it be possible now to apply for two open work permit, one based on SCLP class and another one under CEC class.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016

What about one application for Quebec certificate (non federal part) as a accompanying spouse and other is Express entry as a principal applicant.?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Friends,
Is there any way i can apply Federal application for QSW and EE at the same time ?

Do i need to withdraw any of them... If you at what stage ? like after receiving the AOR(QSW) or ITA(EE) or once get the DM in either for them(whichever comes first)

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
You can't have two EE application at the same time. It only works if you have 1 EE application and 1 paper based pnp application. Two same category application may results your application to be delayed.

ex4edge

Feb 27, 2018
I am the prinicipal applicant in Quebec application (CSQ) in progress. Now can my wife apply under Canadian Experience Class in the Federal as a principal applicant while our CSQ is in progress?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the prinicipal applicant in Quebec application (CSQ) in progress. Now can my wife apply under Canadian Experience Class in the Federal as a principal applicant while our CSQ is in progress?
So you have the intention to reside in Quebec and at the same time the intention to reside outside Quebec?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Generally, yes she could, with the caveat that you cannot intend to live in Quebec. As DelPiero commented, that would be difficult to prove if you have a CSQ application in process.

KHEYROSA

Nov 16, 2019
NB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2020
AOR Received.
13-01-2021
Hi Guys,

Gotta question, I have applied for permanent residency under SCLP family class in July, 2016 and also under CEC in April, 2017. My current open work permit is based on SCLP class. So now my question is, would it be possible now to apply for two open work permit, one based on SCLP class and another one under CEC class.
Hi Libin,

Was wondering if your PR application has been approved and under which stream?

I am still waiting for my AOR under Atlantic Immigration Graduate Program but due to delays in paper application, I am considering to submit a PR online application under CEC and see which stream process faster.

kiranKR

Dec 25, 2020
Hi Libin,

Was wondering if your PR application has been approved and under which stream?

I am still waiting for my AOR under Atlantic Immigration Graduate Program but due to delays in paper application, I am considering to submit a PR online application under CEC and see which stream process faster.
Hi. Are you able to create express entry profile while your AIPP PR is in process?

Abd El Salam

Jan 13, 2011
Hi, Can I submit two applications at the same time? One for visiting (temporarily residence) and the other for work permit (Job offer)?

Sukhman@2001

Sep 8, 2022
I Linked My TR to PR application with My GC key account and its been 3 months and no updates. My Experience for Express Entry is completed and I decided to create a profile for EE in the same GC Key account but I don't see any option for Express Entry. Is it because I already have My TR to PR application in that GC key account. What's the solution?