+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can You Board A flight To Canada Claiming To Apply For Refugee Protection

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I dont have a Canadian visa.
I believe I can get and qualify for refugee status....the problem....getting to Canada.

Is it possible for me to board a flight to Canada and once I arrive at immigration claim I want to apply for refugee status?

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I believe I can get and qualify for refugee status....the problem....getting to Canada.

Is it possible for me to board a flight to Canada and once I arrive at immigration claim I want to apply for refugee status?

My Question, would an airline allow me to board a flight to Canada by saying I plan to apply for refugee status once in Canada?
IF YES, GREAT! If no, what alternative do I have sneak in illegally?

I cant apply from outside Canada for refugee status the 18-month + waiting periode can result in.....serious consequences.

Can anyone provide me with advice.

Many Thanks
No this is not possible at all to board a Canadian flight without a valid CANADIAN visa. Illigal entry to any country is a crime. And Canadians are Very strict against CRIMINALS..!!

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
No this is not possible at all to board a Canadian flight without a valid CANADIAN visa. Illigal entry to any country is a crime. And Canadians are Very strict against CRIMINALS..!!
OK fair enough but I put it to you, how can a person claim Asylum within Canada then?

Canadian law says Canada will assists any person arriving at a Canadian border post either by land, air or sea, Canada will assist any person who informs an immigration agent they need protection and seek asylum and have valid grounds for their asylum claim after interview.... regardless how they got to the border.

So I think you have your facts wrong with due respect....this information is on the CIC website and The UK newspaper the Guardian have posted numerous articles on person paying upto $20000 US dollars just to arrive in Canada at a border post to seek asylum / protection.

I could post links for you but no time to do so, just look it up its everywhere!

FYI This post is more out of curiosity and to help someone whom I know needs help.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
OK fair enough but I put it to you, how can a person claim Asylum within Canada then?

Canadian law says Canada will assists any person arriving at a Canadian border post either by land, air or sea, Canada will assist any person who informs an immigration agent they need protection and seek asylum and have valid grounds for their asylum claim after interview.... regardless how they got to the border.

So I think you have your facts wrong with due respect....this information is on the CIC website and The UK newspaper the Guardian have posted numerous articles on person paying upto $20000 US dollars just to arrive in Canada at a border post to seek asylum / protection.

I could post links for you but no time to do so, just look it up its everywhere!

FYI This post is more out of curiosity and to help someone whom I know needs help.
Did the law says ILLIGAL ENTRY will not be a problem?? And by the way if anybody wants to claim refugee status from US he/she must fall in to third-country Agreement. It dos'nt matter for Canadian government if u pay 20000 or 30000 thousand just to come here . Its the "LAW". If u are here legally and honest and have a genuine threats against you , you will be granted as a REFUGEE. As simple as that my friend. Im not arguing here. Just telling u what im seeing here in CANADA. Hope you understand.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It's still an illegal entry, despite you quoting "Canadian law". Canadian law also ensures that CBSA protect Canada and Canadians from potential threats. Despite the semantics, arriving without a visa would make you an irregular entry. Although not frequent, There is a risk of being detained until your identity and a security check can be completed. This includes background checks for criminal activity, pending charges in your home country and previous asylum claims. All these would make you ineligible. Using fake documents is fraud, and a crime. Those who cough up $20K to come to Canada are also processed differently than a regular arrival. Expect significant scrutiny of your claim if you choose to attemp an illegal entry. And Safe Third Country would apply if you come through the US.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/claiming_asylum_incanadawhathappens.html?_ga=2.54670379.1633796932.1504683133-772766953.1500007910

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ivc-rnc-eng.html#a3

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Many Thanks
Simple answer to your question is no. You require a valid visa to board a flight to Canada.