+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sponsor my sister?

femio

Oct 16, 2017
Hello People....I am also a bit confused about this....The quote on CIC website says ...

"You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

In some of the quotes referenced earlier...the brother or sister was left out in your excerpt.
In my situation. I have sponsored my Parents but will also like to sponsor my Sister who is >18yrs old and married. Does this mean since I have sponsored my parents and financially responsible for them, I am not allowed to sponsor anyone else? even though I still meet the income requirement with adding more people?

Your response is appreciated. Thank you

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello People....I am also a bit confused about this....The quote on CIC website says ...

"You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

In some of the quotes referenced earlier...the brother or sister was left out in your excerpt.
In my situation. I have sponsored my Parents but will also like to sponsor my Sister who is >18yrs old and married. Does this mean since I have sponsored my parents and financially responsible for them, I am not allowed to sponsor anyone else? even though I still meet the income requirement with adding more people?

Your response is appreciated. Thank you
Unfortunately, you cannot sponsor your sister. And unfortunately, you sister cannot be your parents' dependent, since she is married (or maybe older than 19 yrs old, under current law). She needs to find another way to immigrate to Canada by herself.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Unfortunately, you cannot sponsor your sister. And unfortunately, you sister cannot be your parents' dependent, since she is married (or maybe older than 19 yrs old, under current law). She needs to find another way to immigrate to Canada by herself.
Regardless of age, once a person is married, that person is no longer the parents' dependent.

Oct 9, 2017
What is Ee categories?

Can i have a website about the ee ?

Thank you

Hi! People i just asking, i will be a PR (permanent residence) in canada and my husband wants to get a nanny to our daughter 7 years old, and also time well come we having a new baby we can also get another nanny for our new baby, it can be possive that can we get a 2 nanny for our children?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! People i just asking, i will be a PR (permanent residence) in canada and my husband wants to get a nanny to our daughter 7 years old, and also time well come we having a new baby we can also get another nanny for our new baby, it can be possive that can we get a 2 nanny for our children?
You need to post your question in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Having seen your posting about sponsoring your sister just wanted to clarify that you won't be able to hire your sister as a nanny.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why?, even my husband cousin he can't also hire his cousin as a nanny (did i mention early that his couzin is a boy) ?
Unless your relatives have been working as nannies before they do not qualify. The government realized that the program was being used by many people for family reunification purposes.