Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codi said:
oh i am really very sorry..

this is my situation:

i am 31 yr old right now and i was sponsored at the age of 27 of my filipino parents (canadian citizen already) . and im still waiting for the result of my application but still there was no update about my application .my question> ,is that
possible that my application will be refused, how long will i still wait and is there any option to make me get and stay in canada as well because my 3 sisters and brother are already in canada last 2007. i am still longing to all my family, im living here in the philippines by myself. plss help..
Were you sponsored by your parents as a dependent child? Are you single and a full time student since before the age of 22 and still are today and still financially dependent on your parents? If yes, then you still have a hope for your application. If not, I think you may get denied.

There are however other ways they can help you immigrate. They could help you get a job offer so you can either apply for a work permit or get sponsored under PNP. If they live in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, you can look into PNP family stream there.

codi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 20,2012
AOR Received.
july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
medical july 24,2012 forwarded to CEM August 01, 2012
thank you so much for your reply, highly appreciated.

yes i was sponsored as dependent child. yes im still single , and financially dependent with my parents.but i am not a student since it was filed when i was 27 yrs old. my parents live in toronto, ontario. If i will apply for work permit is that a chance to approved my visa, or before that should i withfraw my application as sponsor and apply for work permit then? cause i was wondering how could i apply if my paspport and all my documents still in immmigration canada. thanks for reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codi said:
thank you so much for your reply, highly appreciated.

yes i was sponsored as dependent child. yes im still single , and financially dependent with my parents.but i am not a student since it was filed when i was 27 yrs old. my parents live in toronto, ontario. If i will apply for work permit is that a chance to approved my visa, or before that should i withfraw my application as sponsor and apply for work permit then? cause i was wondering how could i apply if my paspport and all my documents still in immmigration canada. thanks for reply
When did immigration ask for your passport? Are you financially dependent on your parents because you are disabled? This is also a reason a child may continue to be seen as a dependent. If that is the case, you still have a chance for a sponsorship.

codi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 20,2012
AOR Received.
july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
immigration was sent me back my passport last february 2010 to renew because its about to expires, so after that i renewed my passport and submit it again to immigration. no, im not disabled but i am financially dependent to my parents for my food and allowance to my everyday living because i dont have work. thanks again for your reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codi said:
immigration was sent me back my passport last february 2010 to renew because its about to expires, so after that i renewed my passport and submit it again to immigration. no, im not disabled but i am financially dependent to my parents for my food and allowance to my everyday living because i dont have work. thanks again for your reply
Then your parents can not sponsor you. If they applied for you at age 27 and you were a full time student then, you would have been eligible but as soon as you stopped studying, you stopped meeting the immigration definition for a dependent child.

codi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 20,2012
AOR Received.
july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
but how come that my application is still on process, how long will i wait for their final decision of my application to them. Is that possible that there is a chance to get approved my application because i haven't heard any news from immigration. anyways, how long would it takes the usual processing time of dependent child as sponsor by parents? So that means in my case ,a big chance to denied my application, is that so?? thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with Leon. Based on the information you've provided, you don't qualify to be sponsored by your parents because you are no longer in school.

I don't know why the process has taken so long. I think all you can do at this point is wait and see what happens.

Rahuuuul

May 13, 2017
Hi my name is rahul and my real married sister living in canada ontario. So my question is can i go there for work and living basis. Coz i think they have dual citizenship means canadian citizenship plz help me

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi my name is rahul and my real married sister living in canada ontario. So my question is can i go there for work and living basis. Coz i think they have dual citizenship means canadian citizenship plz help me
It's unlikely that your sister will be able to help you much. She can't sponsor you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
But why so?
She is married. Therefore, she is not eligible to sponsor a brother, unless you are a minor, unmarried, orphan.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

Who you can sponsor
Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who you can sponsor.

Option 1 – Orphaned close relatives
You can sponsor close relatives, related by blood or adoption, such as brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren only if they meet all of the following conditions:

• They are orphaned,
  • They are under 18, and
  • They do not have a spouse, common law partner, or conjugal partner.
Option 2 – Other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

• you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
    • son or daughter,
    • parent,
    • grandparent,
    • brother or sister,
    • uncle, aunt,
    • nephew or niece.
  • you do not have any of the above-named relatives who is a:
    • Canadian citizen,
    • permanent resident, or
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act.

Shell22

Jun 23, 2017
Hello

I am want to put my pr file. In csr score i can add points of my sister who is on student visa form last 1 year. Can i add her points in siblings categorie?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hello

I am want to put my pr file. In csr score i can add points of my sister who is on student visa form last 1 year. Can i add her points in siblings categorie?
If she is on a study visa, then unfortunately no. You only get CRS points for siblings who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1 - first line of CRS D)

If she graduates, goes on a Post Graduate Work permit, then gets enough points to become a PR you can get points for her being there - but that would take so long that your points would probably have changed (in either direction!), or the whole system could have, since it often has major changes.

Oct 9, 2017
Hello,
I have a question. I was wondering if i can sponsor my sister, if my parents are still alive and i will stay in canada as a permanent resident, is there any possible or any process that can i get my sister to come with me or stay thier together with my family and my daughter.

I will truly appreciate ur feedback
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,
I have a question. I was wondering if i can sponsor my sister, if my parents are still alive and i will stay in canada as a permanent resident, is there any possible or any process that can i get my sister to come with me or stay thier together with my family and my daughter.

I will truly appreciate ur feedback
Thank you
1. No, as your parents are alive. She would have to qualify under one EE categories.