+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i immigrate to canada if I am in the united states illegally

ninocalifa

Mar 24, 2010
CPAMATRIX said:
you have been in the US for over 6 months i would imagine
hence CIO is going to request a PCC from america

ur best bet may be to marry ur current US citizen, wait for a year and then apply for PR.
after which you could make the transistion easily.
even from within canada

Good luck
I dont know if you replied to me, but if you did, I cannot do that. Like I said, I have a court appearance. I can appeal as long as I need, but my chances of winning are minimal.
My only hope would be to get a VISA to Canada before this process is complete.
I dont know my options here, that is why I would like a more detailed answer.

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
Sorry Nino,

I Police Certificate is a must to immigrate to canada
so I think you will have a major hurdle on getting one from the USA.

Really dont know how best to get out of that............

Good Luck

ninocalifa

Mar 24, 2010
CPAMATRIX

A police Certificate is not a problem, because I am not a criminal and my fight is strictly with the immigration.
So I can be cleared by the Police no problem.
My question is about my immigration status.

tony1982

Mar 10, 2011
ImmOfficer said:
If by "caught at the border" you mean "I was illegally entering between ports of entry and got arrested by the good folks at US Border Patrol", then you may be inadmissible to Canada.

All depends on what (if anything) you were charged with and convicted of. Canada does not look kindly on people who abuse other countried Immigration systems. If you don't respect them, why would you respect us?
Cross the US border is an fault inmigrational not is a crime.Dont be ridiculous!!.
I thought that was Canada was a sovereign and autonomous country..

but I think it is not
, but more seems to be a servant of U.S. o maybe canada is the state number 52!!

ks232

Mar 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Here's my situation, im from Guyana and living in the states for the last 8 yrs now. I came here with someone else visa (backtrack).I went back to high school, graduated and now im in college working on my BS in Social work with only a yr left to complete. I don't have a criminal record in the US or have any minor runings with the law.

I met my boyfriend last August and we're looking to get marry by next yr.He's a Canadian by birth and lives in Montreal. He have a good job and don't have a criminal record.This will be our first marriage for both of us and we both don't have kids from any previous relationship.

We're in the process in contacting lawyers and we're told that our case will be handle in Port of Spain. We're scared if i get call for an interview and get deny, then i have to go back to Guyana,which we don't want.

Please help, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Maria castano

Mar 22, 2016
Hello how are you , i am illegal in the usa but i have came legally ,now me and my boyfriend want to imigrate to canada to work and study but i want to know if i can get a visa even if i have over stayed ??

Is it possible to apply with my passport even if i live in the usa and i dont have a legal status right now ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maria castano said:
Hello how are you , i am illegal in the usa but i have came legally ,now me and my boyfriend want to imigrate to canada to work and study but i want to know if i can get a visa even if i have over stayed ??

Is it possible to apply with my passport even if i live in the usa and i dont have a legal status right now ??
Yes - you can apply to immigrate if you qualify. The first step will be to read through Canada's immigration programs in detail to determine if you qualify to apply.

Information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Maria castano

Mar 22, 2016
Reallyyyyy??? Omg that is great i tought i could not apply at all thanks a lot , i have a question i went to the visa services in NY and they gave a card with a phone number is case if i have questions but they dont have a representative,is there any phone number that i can call to ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maria castano said:
Reallyyyyy??? Omg that is great i tought i could not apply at all thanks a lot , i have a question i went to the visa services in NY and they gave a card with a phone number is case if i have questions but they dont have a representative,is there any phone number that i can call to ??
There is no number that will be of any help to you. The CIC Help Desk only answers the most basic questions (like providing you with the address of where to send your application package). If you want help applying, you will need to hire an immigration consultant or lawyer to help you. Expect this to cost $3K to $5K. If you can't or don't want to spend this kind of money, you will need to do all of the research on your own by reading the information on the CIC web site.

Note that all of the immigration streams require you to have recent work experience. Any work experience you gained while in the US illegally cannot be counted.

BrenCrz

Jun 25, 2019
Hello, I am illegal here in the US, but i have came legally with a Tourist Visa when I was 16yrs old and I overstayed my visit. I finished my high school and college here. Now My husband ( Same situation) and I want to immigrate to Canada to work and get my Bachelors Degree.

We both graduated from a 2 year college . We both don't have any criminal records, we have done our taxes, and pay for our own school.

We have make a lot of research, we took our IELTS exam and im waiting to get my college assessments?

Do you think is possible to apply from USA even when you dont have a legal status ? or we should go back to Mexico and apply from there?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am illegal here in the US, but i have came legally with a Tourist Visa when I was 16yrs old and I overstayed my visit. I finished my high school and college here. Now My husband ( Same situation) and I want to immigrate to Canada to work and get my Bachelors Degree.

We both graduated from a 2 year college . We both don't have any criminal records, we have done our taxes, and pay for our own school.

We have make a lot of research, we took our IELTS exam and im waiting to get my college assessments?

Do you think is possible to apply from USA even when you dont have a legal status ? or we should go back to Mexico and apply from there?
Yes - you can apply for PR from the US.

Note that any sort of temporary visa (e.g. work permit, visitor visa, student visa) will not be approved due to your status in the US. So you should focus on applying to immigrate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you looked at your CRS point total? With only a 2 year college degree you are unlikely to qualify. CRS score being selected are over 450.