+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i drive with my international driver license for a second time ?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
I have used the international drivel license to drive in Alberta back at 2016 , i only stayed for 2 months and i did not settle permanently in Alberta at that time , now i'm also staying in Alberta for another 2 months at 2018 then i will return to my country for 3-4 months and come and settle permanently in Alberta.

is it possible for my to use my international driver license again in Alberta , i already have a new one that will expire next year , but i read that you can only drive using an international driver license for 3 months if you are visiting .

so could i drive using my international driver license again during my second stay in Alberta for 2 months ?

thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As Steaky says unless you are pulled over for some traffic violation no way to guarantee although sounds as though you may not have established a permanent residential address you could maybe put forward a convincing argument especially given the short times in the country and the period in between . Ultimately stick to the speed limits and do not commit any traffic violations, putting getting a proper licence at the top of your checklist..