+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can a friend from canada sponsor for me?

riffaz

Dec 19, 2013
Hi Pals,

I am from Sri Lanka.
I have a friend in Canada.

He is a Canadian citizen now.
He got his citizen ship 5 years ago.

Can he sponsor for me to get a student visa?

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
what do you mean by sponsor?
If you are relating it with the benefit you might get due to your friend in Canada then you are day dreaming.No,It does not help anything.
If it would then trust me millions of people have a friend,relative or someone who is living there who would have jumped off to canada right away :D

If you meant that the money will be provided by him then He/She can do it but still you will have NO BENEFIT in getting visa or whataever.
Hope that helped. :)

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
I think there is no harm in sponsoring but Its a drawback to show any links with persons in Canada. This will show that you are following your friends step in order to get citizenship. Apply on your own.
You really need to justify visa officer that why a friend is sponsoring you...

riffaz

Dec 19, 2013
wooooh.. thanx guys...

that's worse. :'(

if I ask any agencies they can arrange sponsorship.
but the amount that I should pay for them is too high here..
hur,mmmm

riffaz

Dec 19, 2013
Faizanrao said:
what do you mean by sponsor?
If you are relating it with the benefit you might get due to your friend in Canada then you are day dreaming.No,It does not help anything.
If it would then trust me millions of people have a friend,relative or someone who is living there who would have jumped off to canada right away :D

If you meant that the money will be provided by him then He/She can do it but still you will have NO BENEFIT in getting visa or whataever.
Hope that helped. :)
so if I don't have enough bank balance for showing in "Declaration of financial support" what can can I do?
How other people overcoming this problem while their family also does not have enough bank balance?

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
lend it from someone who trusts you for a month or two till your visa arrives.It totally depends upon the norms of your country.
here in Pakistan,People normally lend money from their trustable relatives or friends or normally they are sponsored by their parents.sometimes people use bank to transfer amount in their account for some days if they provide a sort of bank security.
Never did it myself so I am not sure about the procedure in Srilanka. :)

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guyz..

please share...what if some one is financially sponsered by his/her father in law? is there any possibility to show bank statement of father in law??

please help me into this..

suggestions will be highly appriciable

thanks in advance

riffaz

Dec 19, 2013
Faizanrao said:
lend it from someone who trusts you for a month or two till your visa arrives.It totally depends upon the norms of your country.
here in Pakistan,People normally lend money from their trustable relatives or friends or normally they are sponsored by their parents.sometimes people use bank to transfer amount in their account for some days if they provide a sort of bank security.
Never did it myself so I am not sure about the procedure in Srilanka. :)
Thanks for that info.
I'll try to follow a way similar you explained above.
Some friends from here done the same before. (Y)

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Omi, I would not advise you to do that.Parents are the best and most secure choice to act as sponsor.It would be better if you transfer the amount from your father in law account to yours or your parent's account.Only show your parents as your sponsor.

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faizanrao said:
Omi, I would not advise you to do that.Parents are the best and most secure choice to act as sponsor.It would be better if you transfer the amount from your father in law account to yours or your parent's account.Only show your parents as your sponsor.
thanks rao for the suggestion..i will definitely show my parents as sponsor..

angelic30

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 december 2013
IELTS Request
overall 7
Med's Request
10 feburary 2014
If anyone have already a family member like brother or sister already there, as PR..what should be done?? what are the chances for visa? is it possible to skip that member in family information form to be a safe side.