+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
Congrats! I was looking at your time line, looks like 7 months from start to finish, right? Also, did they ask for a medical? My husband has not received a medical request yet so I am wondering when they asked for yours? Thank you.
He did his medical exam in December, literally the day before they changed the rules to require medical be done after applying, so we included it either with the application in March or uploaded it when they asked for Schedule A in May (we used a lawyer and I don't remember exactly!)

nohaammar

Oct 16, 2017
hello,

iam a pr who applied to sponsor her husband who lives in egypt , the thing i went back to egypt on july as my father as he was passing by unpleasant health conditions and also to see my husband ,at the same time his application was still processing , until they asked for his passport and later on asked for an evidence that i reside in canada , and they have found out that iam in egypt from july till the present moment so they sent me Procedural fairness letter , i need help please of what should i do , i have 30 days to answer and i booked a flight back to canada and there is a risk that the whole application get refused , did that happen to anyone and what did you do ? please help !!

Rebbers332

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
File Transfer...
20-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Sept.6, 2016- Family Sponsorship Application received.
Sept. 29, 2016- Started processing application here in Canada.
October 20,2016- Got an email saying I was approved to Sponsor my husband and our application was sent to Cairo.
Oct. 27, 2016- Application being processed in Cairo.
After this we hadn't received any news about out application and I went to Egypt 2 more times after this. Then finally my husband got an email from Cairo on Sept.10, 2017 and he has his interview Oct. 24, 2017. Does anyone know how long it will take after his interview to get an answer? Thank you

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Here it is one participant who wrote her experience with cairo vo
A happy update!

My husband had his interview on the 1st and felt it went well. He'd requested French in the initial application but as they didn't have anyone in the embassy who spoke French, they did the interview in Arabic (he could have done it in English, but Arabic was obvs better). They spoke for about an hour and a half. The interviewer was direct but not aggressive or confrontational, and did not ask any 'weird' questions that I've heard others being asked (how many cavities does your wife have, etc). My husband is very calm and confident and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the interview.

Me, however! I had a panic attack a few days before the interview and decided to fly out to Cairo and attend it as well. After she spoke with my husband, she asked me to come into the room, said she didn't have any questions for me but I could say anything I wanted. So I spoke a little about how hard this year has been being apart, etc. She then asked my husband to leave the room and she asked me a few more questions, where were you born, what is your work, what food do you like in Egypt, could you live in Egypt, what do you love about your husband? (I was very nervous and blurted out, he's so sexy! :rolleyes:)

My husband got the impression that the interviewer had not read our application, so either someone else in the embassy read it and flagged him for an interview or they simply interview all applicants (our lawyer said some offices interview everyone regardless). The interviewer did not look at the additional documents they requested we bring, but said they would look at them after the interview and that we will hear back from them in about two weeks.

On the 5th, they emailed and asked for his passport, 2 photos, a sworn affidavit from me regarding my ex (we were commonlaw), and his height and eye colour on a separate sheet of paper.

He dropped those off on Tuesday (Oct 10th) and just now (Oct 12) we received an email that his visa has been issued and he should arrange to pick up his passport!

Reactions: Rebbers332

Rebbers332

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
File Transfer...
20-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Sept.6, 2016- Family Sponsorship Application received.
Sept. 29, 2016- Started processing application here in Canada.
October 20,2016- Got an email saying I was approved to Sponsor my husband and our application was sent to Cairo.
Oct. 27, 2016- Application being processed in Cairo.
After this we hadn't received any news about out application and I went to Egypt 2 more times after this. Then finally my husband got an email from Cairo on Sept.10, 2017 and he has his interview Oct. 24, 2017. Does anyone know how long it will take after his interview to get an answer? Thank you
Oh and we filled out all the forms on our own without a lawyer.

Reactions: omo_lylah

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Oh and we filled out all the forms on our own without a lawyer.
We did it too without lawyer. .. and I recieved an email of an interview. .. but they didn't fix an appointment yet... this was a month ago and still no new

please tell us about ur experience. . Hope it goes all well.. and ur husband joins u very soon :)

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Wish all waiting response and interviews all the best and to be reunited with loved ones and family soon.
Our prayers for who done and will do interviews soon .

Last edited:

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Any persons in the forum whose files were transferred to Cairo visa office? I haven`t heard on my parents` file since it was transferred to Egypt in September 2016.

Rebbers332

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
File Transfer...
20-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
My husband has his interview yesterday. He said he thinks it went well and that the woman who interviewed him was nice at first and towards the end she was being kind of rude. The interviewer said they would email or call him if they need anything else from him. He never heard from them yet
We did it too without lawyer. .. and I recieved an email of an interview. .. but they didn't fix an appointment yet... this was a month ago and still no new

please tell us about ur experience. . Hope it goes all well.. and ur husband joins u very soon :)