+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
already passed 12 months and still no answer , i send a lot of emails contact the MP and the answer is under security clearance i start feeling that this is a bad joke they have my passport since may, they start security since 22 may ,my eligibility passed & medical passed and expired 31 august , what is the next step i can do !!!! :(

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Alhamdulillah my husband landed in August.

Don't worry too much about the medical expiration date. My husband's medical expired November 2016 and his visa was valid until November 2017 alhamdulillah

The wait felt so hard and long but it will come to an end and then everything moves fast.

already passed 12 months and still no answer , i send a lot of emails contact the MP and the answer is under security clearance i start feeling that this is a bad joke they have my passport since may, they start security since 22 may ,my eligibility passed & medical passed and expired 31 august , what is the next step i can do !!!! :(

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Alhamdulillah my husband landed in August.

Don't worry too much about the medical expiration date. My husband's medical expired November 2016 and his visa was valid until November 2017 alhamdulillah

The wait felt so hard and long but it will come to an end and then everything moves fast.
may be the security take so much time coz i'm bearded or wt :(

Last edited:

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Do not worry we're on the same boat under security clearance aswell since 27th of March hopefully it ends by December or before it

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
A happy update!

My husband had his interview on the 1st and felt it went well. He'd requested French in the initial application but as they didn't have anyone in the embassy who spoke French, they did the interview in Arabic (he could have done it in English, but Arabic was obvs better). They spoke for about an hour and a half. The interviewer was direct but not aggressive or confrontational, and did not ask any 'weird' questions that I've heard others being asked (how many cavities does your wife have, etc). My husband is very calm and confident and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the interview.

Me, however! I had a panic attack a few days before the interview and decided to fly out to Cairo and attend it as well. After she spoke with my husband, she asked me to come into the room, said she didn't have any questions for me but I could say anything I wanted. So I spoke a little about how hard this year has been being apart, etc. She then asked my husband to leave the room and she asked me a few more questions, where were you born, what is your work, what food do you like in Egypt, could you live in Egypt, what do you love about your husband? (I was very nervous and blurted out, he's so sexy! :rolleyes:)

My husband got the impression that the interviewer had not read our application, so either someone else in the embassy read it and flagged him for an interview or they simply interview all applicants (our lawyer said some offices interview everyone regardless). The interviewer did not look at the additional documents they requested we bring, but said they would look at them after the interview and that we will hear back from them in about two weeks.

On the 5th, they emailed and asked for his passport, 2 photos, a sworn affidavit from me regarding my ex (we were commonlaw), and his height and eye colour on a separate sheet of paper.

He dropped those off on Tuesday (Oct 10th) and just now (Oct 12) we received an email that his visa has been issued and he should arrange to pick up his passport!

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Congrats Westendlib!!! :cool:

Reactions: Westendlib

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
A happy update!

My husband had his interview on the 1st and felt it went well. He'd requested French in the initial application but as they didn't have anyone in the embassy who spoke French, they did the interview in Arabic (he could have done it in English, but Arabic was obvs better). They spoke for about an hour and a half. The interviewer was direct but not aggressive or confrontational, and did not ask any 'weird' questions that I've heard others being asked (how many cavities does your wife have, etc). My husband is very calm and confident and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the interview.

Me, however! I had a panic attack a few days before the interview and decided to fly out to Cairo and attend it as well. After she spoke with my husband, she asked me to come into the room, said she didn't have any questions for me but I could say anything I wanted. So I spoke a little about how hard this year has been being apart, etc. She then asked my husband to leave the room and she asked me a few more questions, where were you born, what is your work, what food do you like in Egypt, could you live in Egypt, what do you love about your husband? (I was very nervous and blurted out, he's so sexy! :rolleyes:)

My husband got the impression that the interviewer had not read our application, so either someone else in the embassy read it and flagged him for an interview or they simply interview all applicants (our lawyer said some offices interview everyone regardless). The interviewer did not look at the additional documents they requested we bring, but said they would look at them after the interview and that we will hear back from them in about two weeks.

On the 5th, they emailed and asked for his passport, 2 photos, a sworn affidavit from me regarding my ex (we were commonlaw), and his height and eye colour on a separate sheet of paper.

He dropped those off on Tuesday (Oct 10th) and just now (Oct 12) we received an email that his visa has been issued and he should arrange to pick up his passport!
Congrats !

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
A happy update!

Congratulations

cschuett

Apr 22, 2017
A happy update!

Congrats! I was looking at your time line, looks like 7 months from start to finish, right? Also, did they ask for a medical? My husband has not received a medical request yet so I am wondering when they asked for yours? Thank you.