+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
hey everyone,

i need to know if there is anyone tried to sponsor spouse while living outside canada and if this is better or not bcoz my wife is canadian and we both live in egypt and we will start our process of sponsorship while she is here in egypt. plz advise

2nd thing, im still studying so do u think its easy for me to go out of the country in vacations if im still in 3rd year or it is gonna be hard ... PLZ ADVISE !!

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
Mohaab said:
hey everyone,

i need to know if there is anyone tried to sponsor spouse while living outside canada and if this is better or not bcoz my wife is canadian and we both live in egypt and we will start our process of sponsorship while she is here in egypt. plz advise

2nd thing, im still studying so do u think its easy for me to go out of the country in vacations if im still in 3rd year or it is gonna be hard ... PLZ ADVISE !!
First, To the best of my knowledge, your wife can sponsor you as long as she is going to mention that she is intending to live in canada once you are approved.
Secondly, I do not see any problem with you going in a vacation outside the country even if you are still studying.

Hope this helps

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Guys

I have a question, if someone can help me with. In the spaces at the requested form where I am asked to fill in the info in my native language which is Arabic, is there anyway to type it electronically, or should I be handwriting it??? I am not so good with computer technology.

Thanks everyone
you've been a great help to me

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
salyrm said:
Hi Guys

I have a question, if someone can help me with. In the spaces at the requested form where I am asked to fill in the info in my native language which is Arabic, is there anyway to type it electronically, or should I be handwriting it??? I am not so good with computer technology.

Thanks everyone
you've been a great help to me
If your Key Board, support arabic, usually u need to press Ctrl-shift to switch from arabic to English and vice versa.
If it does not support arabic letters, you can add arabic Keyboard from Control Pannel/Regional and Language Settings(Region and Language)/Keyboards and Languages/Change Keyboard.
If you can not type Arabic on your computer try this http://yamli.com or http://google.com/ta3reeb

Let me know if that helps

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Ontarioer said:
If your Key Board, support arabic, usually u need to press Ctrl-shift to switch from arabic to English and vice versa.
If it does not support arabic letters, you can add arabic Keyboard from Control Pannel/Regional and Language Settings(Region and Language)/Keyboards and Languages/Change Keyboard.
If you can not type Arabic on your computer try this http://yamli.com or http://google.com/ta3reeb

Let me know if that helps
Thanks Ontarioer

I tried it and it worked, I just needed to download adobe reader x font packs - extended languages to be able to cut and paste it from ta3reeb website to the pdf file.
Thanks again, appreciated

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salyrm said:
Thanks Ontarioer

I tried it and it worked, I just needed to download adobe reader x font packs - extended languages to be able to cut and paste it from ta3reeb website to the pdf file.
I think it depends on your O/S all you need is to download Arabic support package for the O/S. Wait if you are in Egypt most probably you won't need anything. You will directly type in your pdf file however your numbers might get mixed with hindi numbers (becareful-check CIC site).

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
salyrm said:
Thanks Ontarioer

Thanks for sharing your experience, I did not know it will require the "font packs - extended languages", now you tought me something new :)
Good that the job is done, All the Best

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohaab said:
hey everyone,

The 1st stage is sponsorship approval. Your sponsor has to be approved!. For her to be outside Canada and sponsor you with the intention to relocate is not sufficient. She has to show with supporting documents she can sponsor you when relocating to Canada. In other words, she can not just simply say I intend to relocate to Canada. Read the sponsorship agreement also re-read the site very carefully.

[quote author=CIC]What does it mean ‘‘to sponsor''?
When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (or with the Ministère de l'immigration et des communautés culturelles [MICC] if you live in Québec).

The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner's basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children.

Basic requirements are:

food
clothing
utilities
personal requirements
shelter
fuel
household supplies
This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.

Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as the person you are sponsoring and, if applicable, his or her family members arrive in Canada.

[/quote]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

If I understand correctly your 2nd question, you are more concerned about your workability in Canada. That is a very long topic and the optimal solution is completely dependent on the individual situation. There are no general solutions. The idea of having a degree might or might not be helpful...you can contact educational institutions to see how to transfer credit...the thing which you should also consider is processing times. Processing times change but you can consider when will you graduate and when will the application is finalized

Processing times;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Everyone

If someone could help me with that, hereunder are the measurements required for the photos needed to be taken by my mother whom I am sponsoring her, can anyone give me the cm (Centimeter) conversion, I am trying to send a translated copy in Arabic so when she takes it to a photographer he would know what to do ???

measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown;
 have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

Thanks Guys

mr.x

Star Member
Dec 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTT/Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
Mohaab said:
hey everyone,

look mr mohaab i dont know lots about if she can sponsor you if she is here in egypt but i know she will need to prove that she can sponsor you ,,,, like if she have income or not ,,,,, but about you and the milliarty serves its depend about what kind of visa you will have ,,, TRUST ME only visitor visa is allowed to leave egypt so my advise to you wait untill you are done with the army

mr.x

Star Member
Dec 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTT/Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
salyrm said:
Hi Everyone

If someone could help me with that, hereunder are the measurements required for the photos needed to be taken by my mother whom I am sponsoring her, can anyone give me the cm (Centimeter) conversion, I am trying to send a translated copy in Arabic so when she takes it to a photographer he would know what to do ???

Thanks Guys
where is your mom from ? there is lots of photographer in cairo know what they have to do

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
thank you all for replying :) but let me rephrase it so i make sure. my wife is working here in egypt now but she intend to go back to before me with 1 or 2 months so she can find a job before i go and also her brother is over there who can help her to find a job quickly so is this not enough ??

2nd Mr.X, about the army thing, if im still in 3rd year and in my vacation and if i got PR, they may not let me go outside of egypt, really ?? is there anything else i can do .. i dont wanna wait for another 2 or 3 years :(

also Mr.X if u dont mind would you please share with us what documents you have applied and how did u apply it, i mean how did you organize everything and also tell us about the interview if u dont mind,

Thx alot in advance :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salyrm said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks Guys
I just noticed you are in Canada applying for your mother.In that case you need the Arabic support but still becareful, Arabic support language might mess up your forms specially the numbers. Did you read this (on CIC site link provided);
[quote author=CIC]Note: As of November 5, 2011, no new applications to sponsor parents or grandparents will be accepted for processing for up to 24 months. This temporary pause will allow us to focus on those applicants already awaiting a decision and reduce the backlog in the parents and grandparents category. This does not affect sponsorship applications for spouses, partners, dependent or adopted children and other eligible relatives. New applications received on or after November 5, 2011, will be returned to the applicant, including fees.

[/quote]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohaab said:
thank you all for replying :) but let me rephrase it so i make sure. my wife is working here in egypt now but she intend to go back to before me with 1 or 2 months so she can find a job before i go and also her brother is over there who can help her to find a job quickly so is this not enough ??

2nd Mr.X, about the army thing, if im still in 3rd year and in my vacation and if i got PR, they may not let me go outside of egypt, really ?? is there anything else i can do .. i dont wanna wait for another 2 or 3 years :(

also Mr.X if u dont mind would you please share with us what documents you have applied and how did u apply it, i mean how did you organize everything and also tell us about the interview if u dont mind,

Thx alot in advance :)
Do you know processing times? She will have to show her ability to sponsor you before applying not before you two go to Canada.
Check the site and what I quoted from the site again.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html;msg1402051#msg1402051

mr.x

Star Member
Dec 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTT/Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
Mohaab

I see ur anxious. But really u are along way off. We were a little naive about the process at first thinking its all breezey. Its not. Especially if u dont have ur army finished with.
Look @ the application guide & forms. It's all in there. Fill out a (tester) one. Then start with all the documents u need. U will need an army release paper before u get a permanent residence approval. Unless things changed in the past few months (which I doubt).
Sponsorship for ur wife shouldn't be too hard. Just needs proof of a place to live & job to come home too. Take it step x step. And u will be all good.
But be patient, easier said than done (i know) but stressing about it won't help (I KNOW). Plus u got all ur homies on the Cairo visa office to relate to. If ur into that kinda thing.

This is mrs.x by the way.