+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

khanroomi

Oct 12, 2017
Q1: Count the days in the other country since October 12 2013. If it's less than 183 days, you don't need it.

Q2: Yes you and your kids can apply now and your wife later. On the other hand, if you apply together things might be a bit easier organizationally. E.g. if you all apply together (in two months), you will probably get the same test dates, the same oath date etc. Makes it a bit easier to organize things. But that's your call.

Also: 6-8 months for a PCC? Wow, that's crazy. That is really unfortunate.
Respected Spyfy,

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Regards,

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
brilliant as usual @spyfy

question 17,c for Quebec election. I dont live in quebec, do I have to put simply No or just leave it without an answer?
It doesn't matter. Leave it blank or not.

sandrobt

Jun 15, 2017
@spyfy, another question:
In the academic year 2012/2013 my girlfriend was here with a student visa. She completed the Master before the summer and went back home to Lebanon and started applying for jobs in Canada. During the summer she received and accepted a job offer and she came back to Canada at the end of the summer (say on day X) with a work permit (her student visa was still valid and would have expired in September, after day X).

In the calculator file, I told her to write student until day X and worker from day Y afterwards counting the summer days in Lebanon as a vacation (since the student visa was still valid and and that was in fact a vacation) and also to write no at the question if she had lived in other countries in the eligibility period.
In the other questionnaire she has to write what she has being doing during the eligibility period listing jobs, addresses, etc. My interpretation is that she still needs to write first student and then worker (with all the details) counting the days in Lebanon as a vacation during the student time (since the visa was still valid, etc.).

Do you think this is a reasonable interpretation, or is it better not to count that period as a vacation (since, for example, she had already graduated and so wasn't a student anymore) but rather as a (short) period while she was leaving in Lebanon?

Thanks again!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey @spyfy ,
Do I need to request my travel history thru CBSA if I don't have a record of all my entries/exits. ( as some stamps are missing on my passport).
Thank you so much !
If you are sure about the dates, just put those dates. No need to ask for travel history. IRCC gets that document directly from the CBSA.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy, another question:
In the academic year 2012/2013 my girlfriend was here with a student visa. She completed the Master before the summer and went back home to Lebanon and started applying for jobs in Canada. During the summer she received and accepted a job offer and she came back to Canada at the end of the summer (say on day X) with a work permit (her student visa was still valid and would have expired in September, after day X).

In the calculator file, I told her to write student until day X and worker from day Y afterwards counting the summer days in Lebanon as a vacation (since the student visa was still valid and and that was in fact a vacation) and also to write no at the question if she had lived in other countries in the eligibility period.
In the other questionnaire she has to write what she has being doing during the eligibility period listing jobs, addresses, etc. My interpretation is that she still needs to write first student and then worker (with all the details) counting the days in Lebanon as a vacation during the student time (since the visa was still valid, etc.).

Do you think this is a reasonable interpretation, or is it better not to count that period as a vacation (since, for example, she had already graduated and so wasn't a student anymore) but rather as a (short) period while she was leaving in Lebanon?

Thanks again!
I would write:

Student from .... day X
Temporary worker from X until ...
Then I would attach an explanation page explaining that in the last days of being a student she was traveling to Lebanon for a visit and that she was between studying and working.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello @spyfy

Filling out the citizenship application form. For Section 11; timeline for what I was doing during my eligibility period,

• What should I write for when I was unemployed? Which address. name and contact information should I give for that?
  • I don't have phone numbers for the managers I worked for in my previous jobs. I do have email addresses. Is that fine? Can toll free numbers work in this instance?
Thank you.

sonofapeach

Mar 12, 2014
I work for an US company from home in Canada, so for Q 11, do I just mention my home address to where I was physically present?

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

How to answer 17.c questions regarding Quebec elections if I reside in Ontario? Any one know?

Thanks in advance.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello @spyfy

Filling out the citizenship application form. For Section 11; timeline for what I was doing during my eligibility period,

• What should I write for when I was unemployed? Which address. name and contact information should I give for that?
  • I don't have phone numbers for the managers I worked for in my previous jobs. I do have email addresses. Is that fine? Can toll free numbers work in this instance?
Thank you.
write your home address for unemployed. naturally you don't have a contact for that.

regarding the phone numbers: just do the best job you can.

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
6) yes if it was your name from birth
9) the day of landing. It is also printed on the back or your PR card.
10) yes
11) yes
13) yes
14a) I assume you have an indian passport. list it here.
Hi spyfy, I would disagree with your answer to question 6. In the instruction guide, it says

"We need to know all the names you have ever used in your life, so we can verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married names, nick names or any other names you have used. If you have legally changed your name, see Legal Change of Name"

In this case, if he is using his name at birth for question 4, then it doesn't need to be included in question 6. This is also what I did. Thought?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi spyfy, I would disagree with your answer to question 6. In the instruction guide, it says

"We need to know all the names you have ever used in your life, so we can verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married names, nick names or any other names you have used. If you have legally changed your name, see Legal Change of Name"

In this case, if he is using his name at birth for question 4, then it doesn't need to be included in question 6. This is also what I did. Thought?
There is some leeway for interpretation here. However, if in doubt I follow this rule:
- No one will return your application because you listed one name to many
- They might return your application if you miss one name

So if in doubt, add the name. Hence my recommendation.

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
guys anyone have any idea for those who didnt get their payment receipts what are their options because CIC is not transferring their call to their representatives. What are other ways to get receipt. I spoke to the Credit Card provider and he confirms that CIC got the money and transaction was successful.
Ask your bank to dispute that as duplicate charge if it gets posted on your statement but can take usually 7-30 business days. But in the case of CIC it may take little longer. Ask bank to waive the interest charge. They will do it.

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hello guys,

I'v been a daily silent follower of this forum for over 2 years now and I didn't think that I would actually need to request help. But here I am asking for your guidance/advice.
What's the best way to get my travel history other than submitting an ATIP form thru CBSA. ( might take up to 30days).
I just noticed that I'm missing some stamps on my passport...
Note that all my exists/entry were at the international airport Pierre-Elliot Trudeau - MTL, QC

PS:Thank you spyfy for all your contribution !
CBSA will have entry seal only not exit seals.

However you can ask for copy of tickets from your airline company giving them the dates and destination

You should have a copy in your email as well. Search your mail by airline name or destination. This is the shortest way. Else ask for copy it can take 1-2 weeks. Third and last is to ask from CBSA but will take 1 month as you have mentioned.

Reactions: dizzy007

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
There is some leeway for interpretation here. However, if in doubt I follow this rule:
- No one will return your application because you listed one name to many
- They might return your application if you miss one name

So if in doubt, add the name. Hence my recommendation.
What you said makes sense to me as well, however I believe either way they shouldn't return the application since the instruction is very clear.