Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Eentrepreneurs,

I would like enquire about the setup/intial start up for the business. I am currently in Australia, Unfrotunately I am unable to start any business since I am not a permanent resident. If I was, I could have put up few grands as a upfront to Bank & Bank would have financed me business. Generally banks here require 40% of business & they can finance the rest of the amount.

Does it happens in a same way in Canada as well?

How much of % they require?

Besides finance, What franchises canada has that are successful? Of course I am not talking about ones over 1 Millions. I am looking to kick off with something around $500,000 & depending the finance options i can get. Are there any requirements that I need to fullfil as a new comer ?

Thanks guys.

moe kahn

Jun 4, 2015
@ Haiderzaidi,

Hi , this is mOe .

In this thread I got to know that you are from Australia.

Loan system in Canada not like Australia. Here if any one have 10 to 25 % loan amount as down paments , the bank finance the remaining - depending on many factor though like - credit history , residency , job pay slip or income source , collateral etc .

after all canada has better easy system to start business then Australia as u mentioned , I believe .

Thanking you
Moe Kahn

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Moe Khan,

I did saw your reply to my other post. as that, this ones helpful too. Thats correct Canada seems little flexible when it comes to upfront. thanks again my friend.

jagaban

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Haiderzaidi,
Business startup for foreigners immigrating to canada is different from what you think and what moe said. You have two ways to go about it.
1. Business immgration either at federal level of province level- you need to have about $300,000 CAD
2. Startup visa program, its federal. You to have your money too or have some organisation sign you in.

Check cic.gc.ca under immigration options

Annem15

Oct 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haiderzaidi said:
Hello Eentrepreneurs,

I would like enquire about the setup/intial start up for the business. I am currently in Australia, Unfrotunately I am unable to start any business since I am not a permanent resident. If I was, I could have put up few grands as a upfront to Bank & Bank would have financed me business. Generally banks here require 40% of business & they can finance the rest of the amount.

Besides finance, What franchises canada has that are successful? Of course I am not talking about ones over 1 Millions. I am looking to kick off with something around $500,000 & depending the finance options i can get. Are there any requirements that I need to fullfil as a new comer ?

Thanks guys.
I believe you've asked about the business itself, not about business immigration. In this case, if you have experience in, say, hospitality, Tim Hortons franchise might be a good option. I own a restaurant in Barrie, ON and part of a restaurant in Toronto. Would be glad to help

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Haiderzaidi said:
Hello Eentrepreneurs,

Thanks guys.
@HaiderZaidi, I'm not sure whether you have already started your new venture or not, but one thing to consider would be to acquire an existing business instead of starting something from scratch. PM me if you would like to discuss this further and I'd be happy to help.

GTABizGuy

Nov 30, 2015
Annem15 said:
I believe you've asked about the business itself, not about business immigration. In this case, if you have experience in, say, hospitality, Tim Hortons franchise might be a good option. I own a restaurant in Barrie, ON and part of a restaurant in Toronto. Would be glad to help
Hi, as someone who is taking the plunge into starting/being a part of a business, how is the hospitality business? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

joshuac

Jun 24, 2016
Through Start Up Visa Program, does it make any difference in the process if i have my own money to invest in my business?

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Annem15 said:
I believe a restaurant franchise is more than a full time job, right?Tim Hortons are quite popular in Canada and I think the cost of franchise would be very high! Do they allow part ownership in Tim Horton franchise?

Apart from Tim Horton, what are the other good paying franchises? Cost?

Hasan