N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
sher_singh said:
all of you who already completed their medicals, is your file still with Buffalo or transferred to Ottawa? Like in our case we received medicals from Ottawa not from Buffalo. I hope it would be a good sign to expedite the entire process ::)
For me, it has not yet updated. Still "Application Received" so I guess still in Buffalo office.

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
Rossei said:
Read: I know that there are similar topics like this floating in the forum. But this is explicitly for PNP applicants who applied in Buffalo and now are waiting for PPR.

Some of us in the forum have recently got our AOR and gone through our medicals. Now the next step is getting our PPRs unless more documents are requested. Well, how long can it take to issue a PPR from the day Ottawa receives medical report from DMP/ Buffalo sends out the medical request to us?

I heard it takes almost a month for Ottawa to forward the test report to CIC-Buffalo. I've seen in other categories (i.e. CEC) that it's relatively faster (around 1.5/2 months) once you are done with your medical. But for PNP, it varies I guess. 3~6 months from the day Ottawa receives medical result from DMP? More like 5~6 months as it has to complete the cycle of 13 months of the whole processing period even though it took less than 7 months to receive AOR? How much "transferring files to local consulates" or "paying RPRF" play a role here?

Will appreciate any thoughts/recent experience. Thanks.
What is AOR? Also I am reading about people waiting to get medical requests, but I understand from my application information that I am to send the evidence of a medical exam along with my application. So I am a bit confused about references to waiting for a request for a medical.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sher-Singh

Since we received our medicals and AOR through email...Did u see any barcode stickers like that ones everyone is talking about?

whatsgoingon

Aug 30, 2011
tanoshi said:
That's horrible. I done Medical in June 2011, and it was never updated in eCas, too. Until now, I did not receive anything yet. Not sure it's a good or not.

Hopefully you can get their reply soon.
yep i know it's bad... i have been waiting for almost one year now since my application was sent in October 2010. What is really frustaiting is that they ask you not to contact them... Till this week I didnt know they didnt have my medicals, cause the report on the tracking number i received from the doctor's office says that they reached Ottawa on May 20th. I was hoping to get my PR somewhere in October, I hope they find them... but still i think it's going to take a while, I guess that if they dont know they have it, then the Ottawa office havent seen and make a decision on that.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Lynn-ji said:
What is AOR? Also I am reading about people waiting to get medical requests, but I understand from my application information that I am to send the evidence of a medical exam along with my application. So I am a bit confused about references to waiting for a request for a medical.
There are certain stages of PR processing in CIC-Buffalo for applicants in PNP category:

(1) You receive your FILE No. in AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) after you submit your application.
(2) Soon after that, you receive MEDICAL REQUEST. Upon receipt, you do medical test with any DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner), DMP submits your medical evaluation result to Health Director of Immigration, Ottawa.
(3) After a positive test result, Buffalo will start processing your file. You wit for PPR (Passport Request) for Immigration Visa issuance.
(4) Upon receiving PPR, you submit your passport to Buffalo for PR Visa and CPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). With that visa sealed on your passport, you officially land in Canada.
(5) The PR Card is normally mailed to your address afterwards.

This is a norm for PNP applicants. Applicants outside Canada may have some changes in processing. But I never heard one submitting medical along with application. Verify with your application checklist if you had to submit medicals.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
saka101 said:
Hi Sher-Singh

Since we received our medicals and AOR through email...Did u see any barcode stickers like that ones everyone is talking about?
no @ saka, I didn't see any barcode stickers anywhr in the received e-mail, neither under attachments! should we need to start worring about them now?? :-\ ...

babrsultan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Got a Response from Immigration Section Via Email

Hello Everyone!

I submitted my medicals a month ago along with proof of funds, establishment process, proof of relatives living in canada for the last two years. I have got a response via email from CHC London which states that i have to provide proof of funds in my own personal bank account. I had shown bank statement of my supporting family member i.e. my brother in law. Does anyone know the alternatives to personal bank statement as i don't have a bank account with such amount for the last six months.

I would love to know how you people proofed the availability of funds. Prompt response will be highly regarded.

I anxiously await your responses.

Regards,
Sultan

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
Hi,

firstly open one account on Ur name and u can provide them balance certificate
U can ask others advice .

Thanks
Harsha

babrsultan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I submitted my medicals a month ago along with proof of funds, establishment process, proof of relatives living in canada for the last two years. I have got a response via email from CHC London which states that i have to provide proof of funds in my own personal bank account. I had shown bank statement of my supporting family member i.e. my brother in law. Does anyone know the alternatives to personal bank statement as i don't have a bank account with such amount for the last six months.

I would love to know how you people proofed the availability of funds. Prompt response will be highly regarded.

Regards,
Sultan

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
babrsultan said:
Hello Everyone!

Regards,
Sultan
This topic was intended for PNP applicants who applied to Buffalo, NY, USA. They are mostly from inside Canada. They do not have to show proof of fund/ proof of relatives or anything like you said in this regard.

tanoshi

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-05-2011
Med's Request
28-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-06-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
Waiting is stressful. I just wonder at what time we can contact Buffalo office after Medical Exam received by Ottawa? 3 months or 4 months? Or passively waiting? Thanks for advice. My medical reached Ottawa July 10, 2011

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
tanoshi said:
Waiting is stressful. I just wonder at what time we can contact Buffalo office after Medical Exam received by Ottawa? 3 months or 4 months? Or passively waiting? Thanks for advice. My medical reached Ottawa July 10, 2011
Recent trend has shown that the waiting time after Medical exam is much shorter, some received PPR within a month after.

People who have done medical in September please keep faith that SOMETHING will happen in October or November. Buffalo is processing way faster now, they are transferring files to many satellite offices as well as a newly open pilot one in Ottawa to reduce processing time for all.

At Buffalo, I believe they trigger security check with CSIS when they open the file for the first time, not until after medical is completed. That is why some people received PPR within weeks after medical.

On the email from Ottawa Case Processing Centre, they have committed to 10 months processing time, not 13 months as published on CIC website.

All of us will see a positive change from CIC very soon. Rossei was the first one. In my case Medical was requested 4 months after receipt and I know many others who have enjoyed extremely fast processing recently.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tanoshi said:
You can shoot an email right now saying that you are worrying about your medical if they ever reached Buffalo. You don't have to mention that Ottawa received it on so n so date. They normally reply back depending on the urgency of the issue.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
Recent trend has shown that the waiting time after Medical exam is much shorter, some received PPR within a month after.

People who have done medical in September please keep faith that SOMETHING will happen in October or November. Buffalo is processing way faster now, they are transferring files to many satellite offices as well as a newly open pilot one in Ottawa to reduce processing time for all.

At Buffalo, I believe they trigger security check with CSIS when they open the file for the first time, not until after medical is completed. That is why some people received PPR within weeks after medical.

On the email from Ottawa Case Processing Centre, they have committed to 10 months processing time, not 13 months as published on CIC website.

All of us will see a positive change from CIC very soon. Rossei was the first one. In my case Medical was requested 4 months after receipt and I know many others who have enjoyed extremely fast processing recently.
I sincerely hope u're right and we hear something by Oct/Nov! That would be sweet.

I also received email from CPP-Ottawa but I didnt see where it said 10 months processing. Am I missing something here?

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sher_singh said:
no @ saka, I didn't see any barcode stickers anywhr in the received e-mail, neither under attachments! should we need to start worring about them now?? :-\ ...
I am not sure if we should be worried or if it is a big deal. I've just been hearing people talk about barcode stickers on medical--no clue what it is.