waived, In process Nov 3, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb. 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar. 09, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar. 28, 2012
prairie_pinay said:
Ours is AINP - Employer Driven Stream. Application was lodged in Dec 2010 in Alberta and receipt of documents was confirmed on Jan 2011. Our papers were transferred to Buffalo, date received May 2010. We got our medical notice Nov 2010.

Looking at the timelines here, I guess request for passport ranges from 2-6 months.
Thanks for sharing, mine is MPNP. Hopefully we can get good news pre-xmas gift. God will never disappoint us, especially for the sake of helping others too.

janwar

Jan 26, 2012
Background:
I am currently working in Nova Scotia and Nominated by the province for the immigration under International Graduate Provincial Nominee stream. I completed my medical in August 2011. I got married the same year, added my wife to my application in December 2011 waiting for her medical now. My wife is currently here on a visitor visa. My PGWP expires in few months and I am currently in process of renewing my work permit with a letter of support from the province. I am also planning on doing application for my wife's open work permit with my renewal application.

questions:
1) How long does it generally take them to request wife's medical? Is it possible for me to get her medical done before Buffalo requests, If yes what forms I would need?
2) Is it a good idea for me to apply for my wife's work permit at the same time? Share any experiences.

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.