+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Briding Open Work Permit Form Filling Question

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have some questions with respect to form filling.

My background: I'm on Post Graduate Work Permit working for a software company since December 2016 (Offer Letter without LMIA). I have applied through CEC without PNP support. My current work permit will expire in first week of July 2017. Moreover, I see my background check as "Not Applicable".

This is what I have entered in the questionaire:
1. How long are you planning on staying in Canada ? - Temporarily more than 6 months.
2. Have you been told by CIC that you were approved in principle ? YES (I have the AOR which I got just after submitting the application).
3. Do you have a written job offer ? (Yes but without LMIA).

Form filling questions:
1. I am applying for one of more of the following:
Ans: A work permit with same employer (Is this right for Bridging Open Work Permit ?)

PERSONAL DETAILS:
7. Current Country of Residence
(Currently my status in Canada is Worker)

COMING INTO CANADA
Ques: Which one is the document no on work permit ? The one written inside the box or just below the box ?

DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA
1a. What type of work permit are you applying for ?
Ans: Open Work Permit (Is this right for BOWP ?)
2a. Name of Employer (If you are employed by foreign Employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here):
Ans: Should I write my employer name here ? (Again, I do not have LMIA)

EMPLOYMENT
Give details of your employment for the past 10 years.
Ans: Can I add extra sheet of paper at the end of form if the space doesn't permit all employment details ?

Regards,

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
See the answers below in orange.

This is what I have entered in the questionaire:
1. How long are you planning on staying in Canada ? - Temporarily more than 6 months.
Correct.
2. Have you been told by CIC that you were approved in principle ? YES (I have the AOR which I got just after submitting the application).
Correct.
3. Do you have a written job offer ? (Yes but without LMIA).
You should put no. The written job offer is just in case you have a LMIA, which you don't.

Form filling questions:
1. I am applying for one of more of the following:
Ans: A work permit with same employer (Is this right for Bridging Open Work Permit ?)
Correct.

PERSONAL DETAILS:
7. Current Country of Residence
(Currently my status in Canada is Worker)

COMING INTO CANADA
Ques: Which one is the document no on work permit ? The one written inside the box or just below the box ?
UCI: also known as “Client ID” appears on your study and work permit if you already have one. Document Number: Starts with a letter (F or U) followed by ninenumbers on study/work permits.

DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA
1a. What type of work permit are you applying for ?
Ans: Open Work Permit (Is this right for BOWP ?)
Correct.

2a. Name of Employer (If you are employed by foreign Employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here):
Ans: Should I write my employer name here ? (Again, I do not have LMIA)
Leave it blank.

EMPLOYMENT
Give details of your employment for the past 10 years.
Ans: Can I add extra sheet of paper at the end of form if the space doesn't permit all employment details ?
Yes.

Feb 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have applied for PR through BC PNP. My application is under review and my post-graduate work permit will be expired within the next 4 months.
I couldn't get a full three-month post-graduate work permit because of my passport expiry date.
Currently, I am working as a postdoc research fellow at UBC.
I have some questions regarding my work permit extension application. Could you please let me know if my answers are correct or not?

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
No

Thank you very much for your consideration,
Best,
Naser

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone,
I have applied for PR through BC PNP. My application is under review and my post-graduate work permit will be expired within the next 4 months.
I couldn't get a full three-month post-graduate work permit because of my passport expiry date.
Currently, I am working as a postdoc research fellow at UBC.
I have some questions regarding my work permit extension application. Could you please let me know if my answers are correct or not?
You posted your question in the CEC forum, so your question is confusing. Can you clarify - did you apply under BC PNP, or under Express Entry with a PNP nomination?

Eligibility for the BOWP is different in those two scenarios....

Feb 28, 2020
You posted your question in the CEC forum, so your question is confusing. Can you clarify - did you apply under BC PNP, or under Express Entry with a PNP nomination?

Eligibility for the BOWP is different in those two scenarios....
Thanks for your response. My application is under Express Entry with a PNP nomination.
Actually, I don't know exactly what should I do? Do I need to get support letter from BC PNP? or need to apply separately?

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.