+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Ramana681992

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I am under BC PNP and I am in the same situation as you. In the refusal letter, it says "there is no Application for Permanent Resident (APR) on our system with an R10 completeness check". Not sure if it is caused by without submitting my nomination letter.

After consulting with an immigration agent, he suggested that PNP work permit support letter is quite useful. But on the CIC website, it only requires the nomination letter. Anyways, I am requesting one now. Does anybody have any experience with this? My PGWP will expire on June 18, which sucks! Just trying to re-apply with everything this time.
Mine BOWP is also got refused because i didnot attach letter of support from province... i got a letter of support and re-apply again yesterday

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
For me, it says "I am not satisfied that you are in Canada and that you haven't submitted your PNC (Provincial Nominee Class)". and the work permit is expiring June 4th, I am extremely nervous. I have a question if someone has an answer for this - My lawyer told me that I am not going to be able to re-apply for BOWP, second time application after the refusal is always for a Closed permit, can anyone testify this?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!
As long as you are still eligible for the BOWP, you can re-apply. Do it fast. The application must be received before the expiry of your current work permit.

UGeeGee

May 31, 2017
Mine BOWP is also got refused because i didnot attach letter of support from province... i got a letter of support and re-apply again yesterday
Are you also under BC PNP? So only the nomination letter is not sufficient? I sent a request of support letter three days ago and today I just got a reply from BC PNP office saying that they have added my request to the queue. Hopefully it won't take too long. How long have you been waiting for the work permit support letter?

Last edited:

Ramana681992

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Are you also under BC PNP? So only the nomination letter is not sufficient? I sent a request of support letter three days ago and today I just got a reply from BC PNP office saying that they have added my request to the queue. Hopefully it won't take too long. How long have you been waiting for the work permit support letter?
No. I have ainp nomination. But i got letter of support next day of refusal

Alice2017

May 20, 2017

Hi guys!
I need your help!!
I received a message about Bridging open work permit from IRCC today, and they request me to provide:

> PNC: Provincial Nominee Certificate from Province of Destination.
> R204(c) Letter of Support: Provincial Nominee Letter of Support from Province of Destination. These BOTH must be received at this office by: 2017/06/16

Does anybody have similar experience?
I am PNP Ontario inlander. My AOR of PNP is Mar 11, 2017; the AOR of BOWP is Mar 14, 2017.
My provincial nominee certificate expired in April.
My post graduate work permit expired in May.
I am in "implied status" now.

Do you guys think that I could get the support letter from OINP Office?
Should I keep fighting for the BOWP, or trying to apply to be a Vistor in Canada?
How long does it take to get medical done? and R10 done?

I was told that only when R10 is passed, the BOWP will be issued. Is it true?

Thank you for taking your time to read my message!! I really appreciate it!!

s_sk

Jun 14, 2017
Hi,

I was on PGWP valid till June 23. Got ITA and applied for the same in May. Have applied for BOWP. Have got the acknowledgement of application for BOWP. After 23 June I will be on implied status. Now the question is: Can I continue working beyond June 23 with my implied status? Is it true that in view of the fact that PGWP is valid for 3 years only and while waiting for BOWP, and being on implied status, those whose PGWP expires, cannot continue working on implied status? Will appreciate if anyone with PGWP and in the same situation could help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I was on PGWP valid till June 23. Got ITA and applied for the same in May. Have applied for BOWP. Have got the acknowledgement of application for BOWP. After 23 June I will be on implied status. Now the question is: Can I continue working beyond June 23 with my implied status? Is it true that in view of the fact that PGWP is valid for 3 years only and while waiting for BOWP, and being on implied status, those whose PGWP expires, cannot continue working on implied status?
Yes, you can continue working on implied status. Note that if you leave the country, you lose implied status and cannot work until you receive the BOWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Hi guys!
I need your help!!
I received a message about Bridging open work permit from IRCC today, and they request me to provide:

> PNC: Provincial Nominee Certificate from Province of Destination.
> R204(c) Letter of Support: Provincial Nominee Letter of Support from Province of Destination. These BOTH must be received at this office by: 2017/06/16

Does anybody have similar experience?
I am PNP Ontario inlander.
Which specific Ontario Immigration program?

My AOR of PNP is Mar 11, 2017; the AOR of BOWP is Mar 14, 2017.
My provincial nominee certificate expired in April.
As long as it was still valid when you applied, it is good.

My post graduate work permit expired in May. I am in "implied status" now. Do you guys think that I could get the support letter from OINP Office?
OINP only issues letters for people who have a nomination under the regular (non-Express Entry) job offer stream.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html

I was told that only when R10 is passed, the BOWP will be issued. Is it true?
Yes.

s_sk

Jun 14, 2017
Yes, you can continue working on implied status. Note that if you leave the country, you lose implied status and cannot work until you receive the BOWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
Thanks jes_ON. My understanding is the same but someone told me that as per IRCC (though nowhere mentioned on their website) rules, PGWP is limited to a maximum of 3 years and only those on 3 year PGWP, while waiting for their BOWP and on implied status, cannot continue their work until they have their BOWP.

But thanks a lot!!

But I would still want to know if anyone with PGWP and on implied status continued working without having any negative impact on outcome of their Application under Canadian Experience Class.

Thanks jes_ON again !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks jes_ON. My understanding is the same but someone told me that as per IRCC (though nowhere mentioned on their website) rules, PGWP is limited to a maximum of 3 years and only those on 3 year PGWP, while waiting for their BOWP and on implied status, cannot continue their work until they have their BOWP.
That is only true for people on IEC work permits, which are governed by international agreements.

jazz kam

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
App. Filed.......
January 09,2017
AOR Received.
March 06,2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
February 13,2018
Passport Req..
April 12,2018
LANDED..........
May 03,2018
My BOWP just got approved today, timeline as follows:

Applied for BOWP : April 24
Current Work permit expiring on July 07
BOWP approved: June 16

Reactions: Kai1219

Dgilgan

May 24, 2017
Hello All,
I have applied for permanent residence and while waiting for a decision, I applied for my BOWP on May 1st.
My PGWP expires Today i.e. June 18th. I just received a BOWP refusal letter from CIC Canada today because I forgot to attach the provincial nominee certificate with my application.
I need help on what my next steps are?
I just finished submitting my second application for BOWP on the last day of my PGWP expiry i.e. June 18th.
Am i in implied status or should i stop working and apply for restoration of status?