+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best place to live in canada ?

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
Hi all,

I want to ask about the best and cheapest place to live in Canada as new immigrant according to the following criteria:

1- A family of 4 persons (2 adults 2 kids).

2- The fastest place to process citizenship application.

3- Cost of living very cheap and affordable including everything.

4- Best schools and medical services.

5- Big Appartment of 2 bedrooms unfurnished.

and last how much the monthly payment will be for everything.

Thank you guys waiting ur advice.

Reactions: Syed Ali mutahir

ADOLPH

Aug 12, 2011
Friends Can anyone of you tell me where is the best place in Canada to live with family on commercial area's apartment.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ADOLPH said:
Friends Can anyone of you tell me where is the best place in Canada to live with family on commercial area's apartment.
This is a personal choice, what is "best" for me, may be terrible for you.

Do you have ties to any specific area of Canada?
What is your profession?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melkhatib said:
there is no prefference and im a pharmacist

Note that fast citizenship applications don't exist; there is no rush, as you would already be in Canada :)

Finding very cheap living and the best schools is unlikely. Google "best schools in canada".

Do you want to live in any specific province?

Do you want to be in a big city, smaller town?

What do you want to do with your family time, would the pastime be urban or rural?

You really need to narrow your selection criteria.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
try fraser institute dot org for school rankings across Canada!

Phen

Sep 4, 2011
hi guy!

I just want to live in Canada but I have no idea where is the best place to stay. my immigration application is PNP, anyone can give me an advice which province is the best place to settle. I just want to live in rural area because I believe the cost of living in this area is cheaper, but preferably near or has easy access to city.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phen said:
hi guy!

I just want to live in Canada but I have no idea where is the best place to stay. my immigration application is PNP, anyone can give me an advice which province is the best place to settle. I just want to live in rural area because I believe the cost of living in this area is cheaper, but preferably near or has easy access to city.
It is a personal decision.

As an example - In the winter, living "close" to a city may not be good enough for you, the snow can be deep and roads do close until the ploughs go through :)
IMO The costs usually balance out, if you travel a long way for your job (because you live in the countryside), then it will cost you time and money.
Some people live in the cities because it is more convenient, even though the costs are higher.

Like I said, a personal choice.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melkhatib said:
Hi all,

I want to ask about the best and cheapest place to live in Canada as new immigrant according to the following criteria:

1- A family of 4 persons (2 adults 2 kids).

2- The fastest place to process citizenship application.

3- Cost of living very cheap and affordable including everything.

4- Best schools and medical services.

5- Big Appartment of 2 bedrooms unfurnished.

and last how much the monthly payment will be for everything.

Thank you guys waiting ur advice.
There is nothing called best and cheapest place, if you are living in Ontario, you can come to Jane and Finch, thats really cheap but you have to compromise on the lives of your family, make sure you are wearing bullet proof jacket, and your kids will be influenced by other messed up kids in the neighbourhood.

If you need a good place to live you have to have to spend money and not be a miser, like good neighbourhood and schools and descent and civilized people.

Whats the rush on getting the citizenship? you are here and thats all that matters. There is no such thing as rushed citizenship. You'll have to spend 1095 days physically in Canada and thats the rule. Once you have spent the days it takes about another year before you get your citizenship

shamshertaha

Aug 25, 2011
Baloo said:
This is a personal choice, what is "best" for me, may be terrible for you.

Do you have ties to any specific area of Canada?
What is your profession?
hi baloo what do you fell about calgary??? for a couple??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Canadian cities have undergone significant changes in the last few years. I wouldn't recommend staying in Toronto at first. Try out your luck elsewhere, as Toronto has a very "city" vibe, and one you may have difficulty leaving later on - even if you want it. I found this list of some other places you can consider. https://canadahustle.com/9-best-places-to-live-in-canada-an-overview/
Since your location is Surrey, why didn't you mention there instead of Toronto? Except for new buildings and demolishing old ones, there's not much change in Surrey in the last few years.

soubhik_1992

Sep 3, 2017
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Seen tons of my friends stuck in Toronto, and unable to move out even when they want to. It's important to find a place you want to live in once you first come to Canada, as can be difficult to make the move later on. Also, Surrey is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada. Don't love it, but you can't compare the beauty of British Columbia with a city like Toronto.