Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hi. Can someone find out from your what's up group if there is any applicant waiting for more than 18 months from Beirut VO?
From Lebanon, one has been waiting for 27 months and another has been waiting for 22 months

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
From Lebanon, one has been waiting for 27 months and another has been waiting for 22 months
Thank you. Did you guys sign a petition ( I read you were thinking to do it)? We have started writing emails/letter to the immigration minister, etc and approaching media. Can you please let them know to join us. They can find the list in my signature.

Last edited:

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
I recently submitted an outland application to sponsor my wife. CPC-M sent me a confirmation letter that my wife's application was sent to the visa office aboard for further processing.

I just checked the Permanent Residence Application Status in ECAS and it says "In Process". I see the following notes:

We received xxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on May 3, 2017.
We started processing xxxxxxx's application on June 20, 2017.
Medical results have been received.

Does it mean that the application was assigned to a visa officer?do you think it will take for a final decision? What should I be expecting next?

please note that the timelines you see on my profile are not correct as they are for my ex-wife (I cancelled her sponsorship application before they granted her a visa).

I ordered GCMS but they will be taking time :(

Thank you in advance

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
I recently submitted an outland application to sponsor my wife. CPC-M sent me a confirmation letter that my wife's application was sent to the visa office aboard for further processing.

I just checked the Permanent Residence Application Status in ECAS and it says "In Process". I see the following notes:

We received xxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on May 3, 2017.
We started processing xxxxxxx's application on June 20, 2017.
Medical results have been received.

Does it mean that the application was assigned to a visa officer?do you think it will take for a final decision? What should I be expecting next?

please note that the timelines you see on my profile are not correct as they are for my ex-wife (I cancelled her sponsorship application before they granted her a visa).

I ordered GCMS but they will be taking time :(

Thank you in advance
Hi Mikey,
You are still at the beginning of the application process. Your application has been received. An officer has been assigned to work on it. They received the medical results. Next step they will investigate your relationship and make sure it is genuine. Once they approve that it is genuine, you will pass the eligibility check. They will then start the background check. You are looking at about 12+ months of wait.
So far everything is fine. No need to worry about anything. Actually, knowing that this is your third sponsorship application, you should have become familiar with the process and the hell of waiting :D.
Please update the dates on your profile to reflect your new application.
GCMS notes will arrive in 30 days maximum.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Thank you. Did you guys sign a petition ( I read you were thinking to do it)? We have started writing emails/letter to the immigration minister, etc and approaching media. Can you please let them know to join us. They can find the list in my signature.
Hi strength2,

We did not sign a petition, but one of our group members talked to a guy from CBC news and another TV show and explained the issue. They said they can't do anything because there is no proof that people who applied after us got their permanent residence before us and our applications do not have any issues causing this delay. In other words, if you are looking to reach the media, there are two things you have to provide:
- Proof that your application is delayed just because officers are being careless and not because there are issues with your application
- Proof that people who applied after you, got their PPR before you and you are still waiting beyond normal wait times
If you don't have these proofs, the media are afraid to talk about the issue because that's like they are suspecting the credibility of the government and its operations.
We reached a point where we gave up. You may still try but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will listen. Thankfully, I and another applicant got their ppr but a few others are still waiting. They are on this forum as well, so if they are interested, they will contact you.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hi Mikey,
You are still at the beginning of the application process. Your application has been received. An officer has been assigned to work on it. They received the medical results. Next step they will investigate your relationship and make sure it is genuine. Once they approve that it is genuine, you will pass the eligibility check. They will then start the background check. You are looking at about 12+ months of wait.
So far everything is fine. No need to worry about anything. Actually, knowing that this is your third sponsorship application, you should have become familiar with the process and the hell of waiting :D.
Please update the dates on your profile to reflect your new application.
GCMS notes will arrive in 30 days maximum.
I was surprised when I saw the third line. I was like woow that was fast.

Seeing the third line with the old system was promising.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
I was surprised when I saw the third line. I was like woow that was fast.

Seeing the third line with the old system was promising.
Hi Mikey,

You probably submitted the medical test results upfront. The third line says that they received your medical results with the application. It does not necessarily mean that they reviewed the results and made a decision about it. Once you get your GCMS notes, you will know if they actually made a decision about medical tests. It would tell you the status. Nonetheless, Canadians were promised that for 80% of those who applied for sponsorship of their spouses after December 7, 2016, their applications will take a maximum of 12 months. Hopefully yours will process fast.

Reactions: mikey

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Mikey,

You probably submitted the medical test results upfront. The third line says that they received your medical results with the application. It does not necessarily mean that they reviewed the results and made a decision about it. Once you get your GCMS notes, you will know if they actually made a decision about medical tests. It would tell you the status. Nonetheless, Canadians were promised that for 80% of those who applied for sponsorship of their spouses after December 7, 2016, their applications will take a maximum of 12 months. Hopefully yours will process fast.
very well said. And who knows what will happen to the other 20%?

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hi Mikey,

No. I did not submit the medicals upfront. Actually, with the new system you have to wait until they ask for it. Anyhow, I ordered the GCMS notes and things will clear up. thanks anyways