04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is getting ready for a smashing long weekend!

I'm working for an employer facing organisation based in Vancouver, BC. We work to highlight to employers, the benefit of hiring skilled immigrants such as yourselves.

My organisation has recently launched a website that aims to help employers connect with Canadian newcomers in the hope of securing them employment. The website is called www.bcjobconnect.ca and is free of use to all newcomers in Canada who are based in BC or intending to base themselves in BC and;

• Who arrived in Canada in the last five years, or
• Have a Permanent Residence (PR) number
• Are currently looking for employment

Happy to answer any questions anyone might have :)

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
I should probably have given some stats there for some context.

We have over 180 employers registered who are seeking to hire immigrants. Employers register an account with us and then go through the database of registered and approved candidates seeking those whose skills suit their needs. Since we launched the website back in February, we've received 215 requests from employers seeking to hire and this number is increasing ever day.

The requests are coming from a range of industries as well, not just survival jobs. We've had people hired in project management roles with large multi-national corporations, administration roles with professional services organisations all the way to labourers for mom and pop construction firms.

As I said up above, happy to answer any questions anyone might have :)