+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Basic Information about Tax slab and basic tax related queries.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi experts.

I'm a PR applicant whose application is under review now. I'm aspiring to make Ontario as my new home. Between I need some information about how the tax system works there.

I have formulated my queries as below. Please can someone help.

1. What is tax year in Canada, like in India it is 1 Apr - 31 Mar? Does employer provide a tax statement against which we file tax return to the government or how it works?

2.What is the income based tax slab that one come under? In other words, how much percentage of tax does one need to pay whose income is between x-x CAD. For low paid jobs there might be no tax and in that case what is that cut-off value. I need the table to which I can refer.

3. Like in the UK a portion of salary goes to National Insurance (NI). Similarly do Canada have any similar deductions?

Please take your time to respond.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Jan 1 - Dec 31, employers issue T4 around February, deadline of filing usually is Apr 30 or Monday if it falls on weekend.
2. There is income tax table that is on the tax form, google CRA to get the form and guide. Depending on the income I would estimate around 15-20% tax
3. Income tax is withheld every paycheck, there is also, Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance contributions where the employer contributes too.