Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kamaljun009 said:
hi qorax,
in my case medical is done,RPRF encashed and then passport request. But i miss passport request mail and time limit is over.Which i came to know by e-mail enquiry. I submit passports. And now interview is called.
What would be the reasons? please consider it.
This is a security interview*. Can happen with some applicants, either randomly [probably yours] or specifically when the VO notices something amiss.

*The interviews r of 2 types. 1]Job & Personal Verification Interviews; 2]Security Interviews.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Drooza said:
Dear all when application process gets started from the day when CIO receive your application then 120 days time or when your full application receive at local visa office i am talking about fast track process 6 to 12 months process
Our application gets 'locked' the day it reaches the CIO-NS. But the 'process' commences when the complete docs reach the CHC [post 120 days letter].

Qorax

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
dear apply for caips you will know what will be the questions this is the bast if u have time

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
This is the best post i have seen so far in my one year of being in this forum .I really thank you a lot for clearly giving the explanation.

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep Akula .

sandhujatt

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
26 jan 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
documents recieved by ND Office 23 March
IELTS Request
submitted initialy
File Transfer...
3 feb
Med's Request
21 may
Med's Done....
03 june again and again done and finally sent on 29th december
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21 may sent on 04 june again sent on 30th december 2010(recalled for making Son's Passport)
VISA ISSUED...
24 january 2011
LANDED..........
planning in april
seniors please advice,i have recieved my medicals yesterday and i have no criminal or other record and moreover i have never visited any other country,how much time it can take for my visa to be stamped?(i will send the medicals within 20 days)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sandhujatt said:
seniors please advice,i have recieved my medicals yesterday and i have no criminal or other record and moreover i have never visited any other country,how much time it can take for my visa to be stamped?(i will send the medicals within 20 days)
In that case & if u r with CHC-ND, expect for the case to close favourably in 3 months [max] hence.

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Hey Qorax,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Some questions though, my e-cas status has been showing 'Received by visa office' for over 3 months and I got 2nd AOR from CHC london (stating the immigration file number) in the meantime as well .. does that mean that I am already through the 'eligibility check'? And does that mean that my background check is being conducted these days? And will my e-cas status start showing 'In process' once these background checks are done?

And oh btw, it says 'Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.' as of late when I click on my e-cas status.

Please guide me on this. Thanks in advance.

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Milady,

"Received by Visa office" means an acknowledgment of receipt of your application in ecas status. After say 3-5 months, (London Visa Office) they will start processing your application and if they found that your application and supporting docs are acceptable, your ecas status will change to "in process". Your background checks will start now....

Senior correct me if am wrong...

Satish

K

kamaljun009

hi qorax,
As u told me that we r called for security interview. A police complained was filed against my husband a year back. And after a month it was withdrawn or u can say settlement within both parties is done.
please tell me this would effect our PR application security.?? What we do to clear matter to VO?
please help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kamaljun009 said:
hi qorax,
As u told me that we r called for security interview. A police complained was filed against my husband a year back. And after a month it was withdrawn or u can say settlement within both parties is done.
please tell me this would effect our PR application security.?? What we do to clear matter to VO?
please help.
As u said that it was already mitigated & there was no Judicial Indictment, there won't be any problem in this regard vis-a-vis your PR case processing.

Qorax

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Dear Qorax,

Kindly resolve my query?

Please tell me what is the exact meaning of "In Process"? Does it mean when ones status shows "In Process" then All the docs which CHC received are sufficient/in order and CHC does not required any more docs, Interview is waived, No fear about 120 days lock in period?

I am just asking as My IELTS got expired on 15th of Jan-10 but I submitted my intial docs to CIC, NS on 27th of October-09 but in Ecas it is showing that they received on 8/1/10. I got one call from VO on 13th May-10 inquiring about my foreign visit which I had made in the year 2007 to Canada, from wife and asking about my company name and also asked about the company on the behalf I applied my Visa, Actually my current company name is different with the company from which I applied my visa in the year 2007 as it is the sister concern of my current company in which I am working form last 16 years which reference I have already given in my job experience letter. Now I got my ecas changed to "In Process" on 17th of May-10 in which they mentioned they start processing my file on 13th May-10 the day when they called at my residence telephone number after I got their call missed on same day.

I am worried would they asked fresh one IELTS Certificate or would they conser previous one? What do you think is my background check is on? When can I expect the medical? Should I will ask more docs or IELTS as 120 days lock-n-period is going end on 01st of July-10

Kindly resolve my query too as you are having great knowledge and experienced one what I think?

Kindly express your view?

Thanks

Ash_1967

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
What happens if the applicant

1. Has never travelled to Canada or applied for a Candian visa before ; and
2. Has travelled to a few countries ; and
3. Has lost his passport and now received a new one , with the same name, DOB, parents etc ; and
4. Does not mention in his CIC application, about the countries visited and stayed for over 6 months !

Would he fail the back ground/security checks ? Would the CIC be able to find out about his overseas trips on the old, lost passport ?

Thanks