Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ambitious1sc said:
Hi Qorax,

firstly thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge. I have a quick question relating to the first step which is to send applications forms to CIO. I submitted my application on April 12th however i just realised that in the section where you must list all addresses you lived at since your 18th birthday i forgot to fill in the country for one of my addresses but i listed street address and town. also, besides my country of birth (Trinidad), i only lived in this country (Cayman Islands) for 6 months and i listed it every where else, for eg the section that asked for all the activities you did since your 18th birthday. my question is do you think this is a big mistake that will cause my application to be returned?

Thanks for any responses

Ambitious
Probably not. Just amend it once u get the 120 days letter.

ok1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
UDR (with 18 months letter) received on May 7, 2013 / Sent back to LVO on 12/5/13
Med's Request
Waiting..
Good piece of work!

rink

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 17, 2010 (received by CIO)
Doc's Request.
April 8, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20, 2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Passport Req..
26-06-2012 and sent PP on Aug 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 15, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
HI Rocky
I have one concern
If from May 1, the 38 job list is changed and lets say my occupation is removed then Can i be eligible to send full docs to visa office as I already got the approval from CIO.
Actually I have all the docs ready to send expcept the PCC from USA. It is taking 13 weeks if they don't need any other information. I sent PCC request from US on March 9, 2010.
I am worried if I send full docs and CHC ask from PCC in a month then it will be a problem to arrange so early

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rink said:
HI Rocky
I have one concern
If from May 1, the 38 job list is changed and lets say my occupation is removed then Can i be eligible to send full docs to visa office as I already got the approval from CIO.
Actually I have all the docs ready to send expcept the PCC from USA. It is taking 13 weeks if they don't need any other information. I sent PCC request from US on March 9, 2010.
I am worried if I send full docs and CHC ask from PCC in a month then it will be a problem to arrange so early
Your application will be process as per the existing rules. If you do not send the PCC, send a cover letter to CHC explaining the situation.

Check below.
Source: OP Manual - Procedures, Page 17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

5.24 Lock-in date

The lock-in date is a reference point used to freeze certain factors for the purpose of processing applications. Neither the Act nor Regulations define it. It does not overcome any requirements of the Act and Regulations that applicants must satisfy when an officer admits them. Regulations in effect on the lock-in date usually apply to applications submitted that day. Changes in regulations after the lock-in date do not usually apply to applications submitted on or before the lock-in date.

Note: The Act allows the Governor in Council to apply changes in regulations to applications already submitted. When the Governor in Council does this, it states which applications are affected by the changes.

ananlaks

Jan 13, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Hi Friends / Seniors;

Would also feel better, if you guys can let us know on the document checklist for the First Application to be sent to CIO at Sydney, NS, Canada.

My Question on the Experience Certificate is that, my First Company where i worked for nearly 3 years - the company got shutdown long back in 2006. I have only the Experience Certificate from them. If I submit that, after getting attestation from the Notarized Public -is that fine.

On My Second Company, I dont have the Releving Letter from them, as my employer was not ready to relive me and the new employer asked me to come and join without the releving letter. But I have all the documents (Offer Letter, Pay Revise Letter, Job confirmation Letter)

Please help me out

Regards;

Anandh

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
You should be OK. In addition you can testimonies from your colleagues:
I,such and such, worked with such and such from-to in such in such company, he/she performed blah-blah-blah, was a good team member and a personal friend.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
Dear qorax,

please look below at my time line

applied for immigration - March 2004
AOR received - April 2004
Provisional Accep Let - June 2009
Med done - nov 2009

since then no reply from CHC Islamabad,i have sent case specific inquiry last week but no response for that as well, even i have not received automatic reply and i put all information correctly including my email ID in that form ,
please put ur view on my case what is happening now with my case , some one told me that if CHC dont reply u it means that u r case is ready and may be some other factors may be delaying ur case ,
is this true?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abidcro said:
Dear qorax,

please look below at my time line

applied for immigration - March 2004
AOR received - April 2004
Provisional Accep Let - June 2009
Med done - nov 2009

since then no reply from CHC Islamabad,i have sent case specific inquiry last week but no response for that as well, even i have not received automatic reply and i put all information correctly including my email ID in that form ,
please put ur view on my case what is happening now with my case , some one told me that if CHC dont reply u it means that u r case is ready and may be some other factors may be delaying ur case ,
is this true?
Hi,

Firstly, it is not true that if the CHC doesn't reply u -it means the case is forthcoming. They may not reply us if they do not have any specific or further info to add. However, the Auto Generated Acknowledgement 'must' come to all CIC 'Web-form' enquiry. It's not that they specifically send it... it is system generated. U must have got it in your junk folder, or might not have used the web-form.

In many cases the b/ground check does take time... enormous time too. Which is due to various reasons, as I tried to explain in the OP.

Just keep the faith... things will work-out well.

Good Luck !
Qorax

gavino

Mar 24, 2010
Dear Qorax,Seniors,

Are they also going to check the spouse background. I am worried, I am the spouse and I did apply for PR but that is around 10 years ago when I was still single in the Philippines but without a luck, I didn't achieved the passing mark.

And now my wife is the principal applicant. My agent told us that I dont have to mention in the form regarding my previous application.

Can this effect our application. We have done our medicals on April and waiting for passport request.

Please advise. Thank you!

K

kamaljun009

hi qorax,
in my case medical is done,RPRF encashed and then passport request. But i miss passport request mail and time limit is over.Which i came to know by e-mail enquiry. I submit passports. And now interview is called.
What would be the reasons? please consider it.

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
Dear all when application process gets started from the day when CIO receive your application then 120 days time or when your full application receive at local visa office i am talking about fast track process 6 to 12 months process

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi kamaljun009,

Please share your time line and which is your visa office?

I think you don't have to worry. They just wanted to know from you regarding the delay in sending passports....

satish

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Drooza said:
Dear all when application process gets started from the day when CIO receive your application then 120 days time or when your full application receive at local visa office i am talking about fast track process 6 to 12 months process
Hi Drooza,

Any updates for you. My ecas status is still "received by visa office" only. I send full docs to London on 06.01.10 and when you submitted full docs to Lodnon? Now its almost 4 months and I just wonder whats happening!!!!

Satish

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
I send full docs to London on 15.02.2010 i think we will have new in july 2010 i think but i order caips month b4 next week i will get caip then i will update you