Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
The letter that they sent me by post with medical papers clearly says "Prepare but don't send until we ask for them: The required fund (11086 CAD) and Valid Passport."
2 of my friends who got their visas last year got exactly the same letter and after medical (one after 1.5 months, the second after 2 weeks) they were asked for POF, PR payment and Passport. So seems the procedure and the letter for Moscow office is the same for everybody. I want to think that everything is OK and I will be contacted soon. Do you think that chances to be rejected is not much (in case that my medicals are FINE, I am copletely healthy)??? How big is the chance to be rejected after medicals?

Thank you for your support, thank you very much!!!!!

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

My file status is In Process i sent my meds on 3rd March should it not be medicals received now. Are any background chks pending or is it at security chks level now. pl guide.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Nari said:
The letter that they sent me by post with medical papers clearly says "Prepare but don't send until we ask for them: The required fund (11086 CAD) and Valid Passport."
2 of my friends who got their visas last year got exactly the same letter and after medical (one after 1.5 months, the second after 2 weeks) they were asked for POF, PR payment and Passport. So seems the procedure and the letter for Moscow office is the same for everybody. I want to think that everything is OK and I will be contacted soon. Do you think that chances to be rejected is not much (in case that my medicals are FINE, I am copletely healthy)??? How big is the chance to be rejected after medicals?

Thank you for your support, thank you very much!!!!!
Yeah, probably MCW is doing that way. So, not an issue, wait for their call. The chances of rejection hangs till we get the visa/s... but is not usual. Rightly said, if u r Ok with your meds -there shouldn't be any issue.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

My file status is In Process i sent my meds on 3rd March should it not be medicals received now. Are any background chks pending or is it at security chks level now. pl guide.
99% your b/g checks r over, else they wouldn't have sent u the meds request. -No point in getting one's meds done if s/he is not going to be accepted, right?

I had always been saying: The e-cas is 'not' the right way to check our case progress. 'Coz, it's not regularly updated -call it admin reasons. It is not done by our VOs. Sometimes the IT guys might be just complacent. But, usually it's updated to 'med results recd" when it's closer to your PPR. That means the VO has marked 'all Ok' at the recent BF'D.

Hope that clarified...
Qorax

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
Thank you so much Qorax!!!!!!!!
I clarifies 100%.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

I am thankful for your speedy response i have one more query you said BF'D what is that and in your process mail there are 2 BF'Ds what are those pl help /guide.

sam19

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-02-2010
AOR Received.
22-02-2010
File Transfer...
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
Sept. '10
Med's Done....
Sept. '10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear Qorax,
Thank you for taking the time in explaining the process in background checks. It really helps a lot.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

I am thankful for your speedy response i have one more query you said BF'D what is that and in your process mail there are 2 BF'Ds what are those pl help /guide.
Plz read about it here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-bfd-explained-t39705.0.html

Chander

Jul 31, 2009
Dear Qorax,
I redesignate you as SIR Qorax.I hope every participant will recognise what i said.Pls comment.
Chander

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Nice thread captain

Ramesch

Apr 26, 2009
My Case getting Complicated: Background Checks - >>>

Dear qorax.

w.r.t to your post, I request you to kindly spent few minutes to see my case (below) and reply / guide me in this regard:

I applied on 22-09-2008 under Fast Track Program (FSW Category). My NOC is 2145. I sent complete documents on 3rd July 2009 & received Provisional Acceptance on 21st Aug 2009. During this, I was blessed with son who born on 07-07-2010 & this is informed to CIC on 10-07-2009.

Newborn’s updated documents sent on 12-09-2009. Medicals done on 24th Nov 2009 & repeat medicals of son did on 4th Jan 2010 (son has Down Syndrome).

As per CIC website, Fast Track cases of Islamabad Visa Office are finalized as under:

30% of the cases FINALIZED in (months) = 4
50% of the cases FINALIZED in (months) = 5
70% of the cases FINALIZED in (months) = 6
80% of the cases FINALIZED in (months) = 8

Though Fast Track cases were supposed to be finalized within 06 – 12 months, but in my case, considerable time has passed (19 months) but no positive outcome came out yet. Moreover, w.r.t above time line of CIC, my case has passed all the above time-criteria’s. My e-cas status says IN PROCESS (We started processing your application on 15-10-2008).

I sent a case specific inquiry / email on 11-03-2010. In response no reply is still received however system generated reply Received says that ‘’ We confirm receipt of your e-mail in Islamabad. If you do not receive a reply within 15 working days, the information requested is available at www.pakistan.gc.ca or www.cic.gc.ca, your application is within processing times, or you have not provided information required to verify your identity``.

Kindly tell me why and what is / are the cause(s) of delay in my case. And is there any issue or problem associated or arrived in my case whereas as a matter of fact, many applicants of year 2009 have received Visa’s.

Deep Regards in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Ramesch,

Firstly, kindly be aware that Feb-2008 to Oct-2008 cases are not in the 'actual' fast track system. This was the most unfortunate moment of the Canadian PR history -wherein things went into a limbo. Though the MI was placed retroactively -in practical scene all those applications were shunted from one place to another, some gaining dust for over 1yr, while some being placed on a queue [which was separate than the 'old' system files], and some even went into oblivion -until someone questioned them.

Thus, in principle these cases were applicable for fast track, but on ground they were not. In most cases they were 'on queue' for more than 1yr [no action at all] and started to get processed only by 3rd quarter of 2009. Thus, those timeframes are practically not applicable to these case files.

Your present scenario:
1. Probably your b/ground checks r on now.
2. Send them a direct email as well [besides using the CIC web-form].
3. Shoot mails every 15-20 days, unless u hear a satisfactory response.

I wish I could be of further assistance to u.

All the best !
Qorax

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thought of sharing this.

Source: http://www.immigration1services.com/engweb/questions5.htm

5.4 What is background check?
Background check is conducted to check out if applicant or any of his dependents could be involved in espionage or terrorism activities or be of any other danger to Canada. Background check starts shortly after the application was logged in and is conducted parallel to application consideration without applicant's participation.

5.5 How long does the background check take?
There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations. It takes as much time as it requires.

ambitious1sc

Apr 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-2010
Doc's Request.
06-JUL-2010
Med's Request
03-FEB-2012
Passport Req..
03-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2012
LANDED..........
28-APR- 2012
Hi Qorax,

firstly thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge. I have a quick question relating to the first step which is to send applications forms to CIO. I submitted my application on April 12th however i just realised that in the section where you must list all addresses you lived at since your 18th birthday i forgot to fill in the country for one of my addresses but i listed street address and town. also, besides my country of birth (Trinidad), i only lived in this country (Cayman Islands) for 6 months and i listed it every where else, for eg the section that asked for all the activities you did since your 18th birthday. my question is do you think this is a big mistake that will cause my application to be returned?

Thanks for any responses

Ambitious