+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check- Not applicable.

VRT

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When BG goes from IP1 to NA what does it mean...what all steps completed?

myway

Jun 21, 2016
Friends,
As I can see my Background check is "Not applicable". I'm not sure it was the same since the first day or it is changed! What's the first step after applying?
I'm PNP April 1,2017 applicant.

madstha

May 16, 2017
Hi, Got my AOR yesterday and My Background check says 'Not applicable'... Will it change to 'In progress' afterwards??

ansariwsm

May 16, 2017
Dear All,

My background check changed to 'Not applicable'. I am not sure what does it mean. is there any whatsapp group to discuss about Canada express entry?

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Mine struck at NA since medical passed on april 7. Any advice?

celewee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 December 2016
Doc's Request.
16 March 2017
AOR Received.
07 January 2017
File Transfer...
23 January 2017
Med's Done....
09 November 2016
Hi
Any changes in the status?
Hi :)

My background check changed again last May 12 to "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

I still dont know what's happening.

Divya.ut

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi guys!
Till yesterday my status on GCKey was "Your application is in process and next step is to conduct a background check ". However, it has changed to "Not Applicable" today.
Can anyone of you help me out with understanding that what does it mean? Is anyone having the same status?

Reactions: Tomi2

Divya.ut

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi! :)

My timeline is posted on the side :)

I really don't know that this means, the "not applicable" that is.

Hopefully we'll get the request for our passports soon. Many say that mycic is not so reliable when it comes to updates. For instance in my case, they asked for some additional documents via email and when
I checked my mycic, the review of additional documents says "not applicable".

So maybe there's a system glitch or maybe it's nothing we should be worried about.

Let's just hope for the best and soon enough, we'll have our passport requests!

Good luck to us all and please let me know if there's an update on your end :)
Hi, I almost have a similar timeline as yours. Do you have any update regarding the application or status changed to N/A? Any idea whats next?

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
AOR 05 May 2017 - CEC.
I got an email today in my mailbox mentioning that my application has been updated but after login to my application, there aren't any new message after AOR.

Status are like this -
Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement.
Review of Medical Results - You do not need a medical exam.We will send you message if this changes.
Background Check - Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.

I am not able to figure out what is the change. It seems from discussion in Whatsapp group that BC status has changed to IP1. Can somebody confirm the same.

Is it possible for BC to start before medical being passed. Please advise

Divya.ut

Star Member
May 12, 2017
AOR 05 May 2017 - CEC.
I got an email today in my mailbox mentioning that my application has been updated but after login to my application, there aren't any new message after AOR.

Status are like this -
Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement.
Review of Medical Results - You do not need a medical exam.We will send you message if this changes.
Background Check - Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.

I am not able to figure out what is the change. It seems from discussion in Whatsapp group that BC status has changed to IP1. Can somebody confirm the same.

Is it possible for BC to start before medical being passed. Please advise
It must be a system generated mail. Don't worry, they'll inform you clearly via email if there is any change in the status. To me, it seems that you background hasn't started yet.

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
It must be a system generated mail. Don't worry, they'll inform you clearly via email if there is any change in the status. To me, it seems that you background hasn't started yet.
Hi, isn't there a change in the BC status from default NA to In progress. Is it common to get such system generated emails.....