Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Hey, have any of you been required to submit an RCMP report? How long did it take you to receive it if you did?

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hey, have any of you been required to submit an RCMP report? How long did it take you to receive it if you did?
Hey,
They askedme to send RCMP report in November it was done in a month.
But then it was 6 months of quiet before they asked for schedule a update.
I sent it in and since then I'm still waiting.

BlackDiamond

Jul 19, 2017
Liberia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
03-16-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Wow reading this forum.... I am getting a bit worried. Hello to all. I am new to this one and I was trying to get some clarity on the processing time of a sponsorship that needs an ARC. I have expanded a lot of your timelines but most are not updated. Is there anyone in here that is a sponsorship case that needs an ARC? When did you file and how far along are you in the process now. Thanks Sziszike.

BlackDiamond

Jul 19, 2017
Liberia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
03-16-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
I sent my fingerprints to a third-party fingerprinting service. They submitted the fingerprints to RCMP electronically on a Thurs. By the next week Friday, my report was in my lawyer's office. It goes 10x faster if you submit them electronically versus by paper copy. Obviously, the processing time also depends if you have a record or not.

Reactions: adt83

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
New to this forum. Where do I get the ARC ? Is it a form to fill out, a letter I must write, what and how do I go about doing an ARC ?
sorry for my ignorance but I was asked to do one. Any examples I can see ? is the fee still $400 or went up ? I need some guidance as trying to talk to my IO is impossible to get a hold of on the phone.

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks for the reply. At this point no one knows ( except the people that wrote the refusal letter and are impossible to reach/talk to ) if my wife needs an ARC. She has applied for a temporary visitor visa 3 times after we were married in Colombia and refused 3 times and every refusal letter with a DIFFERENT reason for refusal like family ties, past travel history, false declaration etc. etc. along with the last one that says " because of your last refusal you are bared from entering Canada and it's territories". There is not any reference in those refusal letters that would indicate a need for ARC to correct the situation. My wife, before I even met her, applied for a refugee visa and got refused. She is Colombian. She got the notice to leave Canada and bought her ticket and left on the 29th day. She did not commit any crimes here. She is a grandmother with very strong family ties to her country. 5 sisters, 2 brothers, owns 2 houses there. She already was here and got accepted with a 3 year multiple entry visa. Go figure.
Family ties here are 1 daughter with 3 grandchildren and me her husband. Our immigration lawyer should have warned her of the consequences of a refugee refusal and also should have informed us of how to correct the situation ( possible ARC) , which was never done. This latest refusal letter also says that my wife can re-apply and show that we can satisfy the conditions ( what conditions ?) but she would have to pay the fee again.
My wife cannot find the refugee refusal paper and the type of ( deportation, exclusion, etc.)
I wish I can speak or write to her immigration officer in Colombia and ask him what exactly does he needs to go forward.
So far I have spent over $8000 in services/fees/applications/translations etc and still we are 3,000 miles apart. Is this normal.

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hello.
Just a quick update yesterday I received an email from Vienna they finally approved my ARC application.
Originally I gave in the application November 2014 but they only started persisting it when my sponsorship got in July 2016.
They don't contact you at all through the process except if they need something. Frustrating part about it I didn't even know if it's going to go through or not, no contact whatsoever was killing me.
But I'm happy that at least this part is done. Hopefully everyone is going to have some good news real soon.
Best of luck for you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloaleja

jpgarcia22

Oct 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm from Costa Rica and had to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada since I was deported at the age of twelve due to a situation with my parents.
I would like to know if there is anyone else that is either from Costa Rica or had processed the Authorization to Return to Canada in Mexico VAC Offices and if someone knows how long it takes for it to get an answer?

Btw I payed my $400 application fee and the $1500 dollars repaying them the deportation expenses along with the Visa Fee of $100.

The reason for it is that the company I work for needs me to go to Canada and get trained in a process that I should be doing in CR.

Hope someone knows about this situation or has gone thru this that can help me!

Thanks in advance!

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Thanks for the reply. At this point no one knows ( except the people that wrote the refusal letter and are impossible to reach/talk to ) if my wife needs an ARC. She has applied for a temporary visitor visa 3 times after we were married in Colombia and refused 3 times and every refusal letter with a DIFFERENT reason for refusal like family ties, past travel history, false declaration etc. etc. along with the last one that says " because of your last refusal you are bared from entering Canada and it's territories". There is not any reference in those refusal letters that would indicate a need for ARC to correct the situation. My wife, before I even met her, applied for a refugee visa and got refused. She is Colombian. She got the notice to leave Canada and bought her ticket and left on the 29th day. She did not commit any crimes here. She is a grandmother with very strong family ties to her country. 5 sisters, 2 brothers, owns 2 houses there. She already was here and got accepted with a 3 year multiple entry visa. Go figure.
Family ties here are 1 daughter with 3 grandchildren and me her husband. Our immigration lawyer should have warned her of the consequences of a refugee refusal and also should have informed us of how to correct the situation ( possible ARC) , which was never done. This latest refusal letter also says that my wife can re-apply and show that we can satisfy the conditions ( what conditions ?) but she would have to pay the fee again.
My wife cannot find the refugee refusal paper and the type of ( deportation, exclusion, etc.)
I wish I can speak or write to her immigration officer in Colombia and ask him what exactly does he needs to go forward.
So far I have spent over $8000 in services/fees/applications/translations etc and still we are 3,000 miles apart. Is this normal.
Yes she needs an ARC because her refugee application was refused. How is she applying to enter Canada? Just as temporary visitor? I'm going through a spousal application and it's a bit tricky. I'm surprised your lawyer is not offering any possible alternatives. Ask your lawyer to request GCMs notes and you can see exactly why she was refused.

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Hello. Just a question. Has anyone ever had or seen a situation where passport is requested along with the Arc request?

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hello.
Just a quick update yesterday I received an email from Vienna they finally approved my ARC application.
Originally I gave in the application November 2014 but they only started persisting it when my sponsorship got in July 2016.
They don't contact you at all through the process except if they need something. Frustrating part about it I didn't even know if it's going to go through or not, no contact whatsoever was killing me.
But I'm happy that at least this part is done. Hopefully everyone is going to have some good news real soon.
Best of luck for you guys.
Hello Sziszike,

congratulations for the good news.

one question how long did it take you to heard about the ARC? did they send you a request to apply for it or did they just let you know they approve it?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hello Sziszike,

congratulations for the good news.

one question how long did it take you to heard about the ARC? did they send you a request to apply for it or did they just let you know they approve it?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks
Hi.
They didn't request the Arc from me, they told me I'm going to need onewhen they send me home from Canada.
They let me know before I boarded the plane to leave that if I ever want to come back I have to apply for one.
So I applied for it in November 2014, because I had a humanitarian application with them. Nobody told me that's going to be refused next year because I left Canada. So we applied for a sponsorship in July 2016.
You just have to send me the Arc application they might need an interview ( I had one in Vienna October 2016)
Then they asked for rcmp fingerprints in December 2016. After that it was quiet they didn't request anything they didn't send me anything just waiting and wating. And then out of the blue in September 2017 they asked for updated schedule A, and then they just sent an email saying that they approved our application and I have to print it out then bring it with me when I go to Canada.Our sponsorship is not finished yet so we can go yet but hopefully very soon.
My advised is just hang in there

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hi.
They didn't request the Arc from me, they told me I'm going to need onewhen they send me home from Canada.
They let me know before I boarded the plane to leave that if I ever want to come back I have to apply for one.
So I applied for it in November 2014, because I had a humanitarian application with them. Nobody told me that's going to be refused next year because I left Canada. So we applied for a sponsorship in July 2016.
You just have to send me the Arc application they might need an interview ( I had one in Vienna October 2016)
Then they asked for rcmp fingerprints in December 2016. After that it was quiet they didn't request anything they didn't send me anything just waiting and wating. And then out of the blue in September 2017 they asked for updated schedule A, and then they just sent an email saying that they approved our application and I have to print it out then bring it with me when I go to Canada.Our sponsorship is not finished yet so we can go yet but hopefully very soon.
My advised is just hang in there

Thanks for replying.

Just another question, the interview that you attended was it about your relationship or your ARC application?
I thought that the ARC will only be processed after another application is in process like a visitor/work/ study visa, or for sponsorship and only when the agent requests it. Like we can not send anything about the ARC until the VO send us a request. Did they send you the approval letter along white the schedule A request or they were sent separate and how long was between both notice? Why it hasn't been finished you sponsorship, they haven't requested your passport?

Thank you have a good day.

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Thanks for replying.

Just another question, the interview that you attended was it about your relationship or your ARC application?
I thought that the ARC will only be processed after another application is in process like a visitor/work/ study visa, or for sponsorship and only when the agent requests it. Like we can not send anything about the ARC until the VO send us a request. Did they send you the approval letter along white the schedule A request or they were sent separate and how long was between both notice? Why it hasn't been finished you sponsorship, they haven't requested your passport?

Thank you have a good day.
Hi
I know that I needed an ARC so I sent it in before they requested it. The interview I had in October last year it was for the Arc and for the sponsorship to.
They asked for a new schedule A in July and I received the approval of the ARC in this October. I'm not sure why is the sponsorship not finished yet but they just requested new passport pictures last Friday. What I'm thinking is I must be in the last part of the application otherwise why would they ask for new pictures.
Well hopefully all these going to be done really soon.