+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation Of Documents

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by nkalra, Apr 22, 2013.

  1. Hello,

    Would like to check with senior members.

    Is it mandatory to have the 'copies' to be attested and notarized, where ever in the Document check list, CIC have mentioned copies instead of originals.

    Like Educational documents, degrees, mark sheets, experience letters, Settle of funds, Marriage certificate's copies etc.
  2. educational docs are assessed by assessments agencies so u dont need to attest them. all other docs except police certificate n banl statement, need attestation n notarization
  3. Thanks Sonyaadnan,

    Could you please show me the way where does it says that it has to have, and mandatory except the Translated (If Any).

    I have gone through with each and evry word of document check list and instruction guide, I didn't find this anywhere listed.
  4. Here you go:
    Certified true copies

    To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

    “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
    the name of the original document,
    the date of the certification,
    his or her name,
    his or her official position or title, and
    his or her signature.
    Who can certify copies?

    Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

    In Canada:

    a commissioner of oaths
    a notary public
    a justice of the peace
    Outside Canada:

    a judge
    a magistrate
    a notary public
    an officer of a court of justice
    a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
    Family members may not certify copies of your documents.
  5. Thanks,

    Again same query, where does it says on CIC website ? That we need to have all the copies notarized, except the translated ones.
  6. WES billing address ??

    Hello Experts !

    I need your support ..

    I complete the online application for WES.But I am confused at last stage: what should I write in Billing address ??

    Billing Address
    Phone Number:
    Address Line 1:
    Address Line 2:
    Postal/Zip Code:


  7. wrong window please.
  8. If you will pay an authorized attesting authority extra money you can get an extra affidavit from him. In which he will confirm his authority for attestation & provides his registration no et6c. & confirms that he has seen all your original documents while attestation. I did the same & it works well
  9. I contacted the Canadian Consulate in Australia to ask this exact question.
    The response was that they want you to send copies which DO NOT need to be verified by Justice of the Peace/notarized etc.
    Students likes this.
  10. Thanks janeyandstuart

    Thanks a lot, yours post eases my tension a lot.

    Could you please let me know how dis u managed to get in touch with Canadian high commission ? through e-mail ??? can you share the details with me on nikhil.kalra@yahoo.co.in . I have some another queries would like to ask them ASAp.

    Thanks Buddy.
  11. I got the email address through the CIC website but you'd have to be Australian to get relevant info.
    There are other contact email addresses for different countries.
    The Australian contact gets back to me generally quite quickly- I've had a lot of questions!
    PS My WES status has now changed and they have received my documents. Hopefully will know soon if they are accepted.

Share This Page