+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are there sufficient Software jobs in Canada for Indians?

1gouravgg

Aug 12, 2017
Greetings of the day.

My name is Gourav. I'm a Software Engineer with 2 years of experience. Presently, I'm applying for PR Visa of Canada.

Are there any software jobs (Java, C# etc) available for a candidate like me in Canada? If yes then how difficult is it to get one?

If there are no jobs then it won't make sense for me to apply for PR visa.

Please assist me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Why not just search the jobs listed on indeed.ca or any other job site to get a feel for the number of jobs out there.

Before you ask it is almost impossible to secure a job before you arrive unless you have some obscure or in demand skill not readily available in Canada. Immigration unfortunately is a risk which either an applicant is committed to or not and often new immigrants find everything is more of the same just in a different place plus of course starting life over finding a job and just getting established which might take a few years.

1gouravgg

Aug 12, 2017
Why not just search the jobs listed on indeed.ca or any other job site to get a feel for the number of jobs out there.

Before you ask it is almost impossible to secure a job before you arrive unless you have some obscure or in demand skill not readily available in Canada. Immigration, unfortunately, is a risk which either an applicant is committed to or not and often new immigrants find everything is more of the same just in a different place plus of course starting life over finding a job and just getting established which might take a few years.
This is very unfortunate that even after getting the pr visa and holding a position of a software engineer I won't be able to grab a job before coming to canada. It will cost me a fortune+risk to go there and then hunt for a job :( . I thought the whole purpose of express entry is to quickly get a job without much of hustle.

1gouravgg

Aug 12, 2017

Before you ask it is almost impossible to secure a job before you arrive unless you have some obscure or in demand skill not readily available in Canada. Immigration unfortunately is a risk which either an applicant is committed to or not and often new immigrants find everything is more of the same just in a different place plus of course starting life over finding a job and just getting established which might take a few years.
I know that I can look for jobs on various platforms but how common is in Canada to hire a pr visa guy currently not present in canada?Because all the interview process will happen over skype only.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I know that I can look for jobs on various platforms but how common is in Canada to hire a pr visa guy currently not present in canada?Because all the interview process will happen over skype only.
Why not try your luck and see ? Canada has very small job market and plenty of man power available locally. Who will bother to bring someone from outside?

Reactions: 1gouravgg

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
You can always try to apply from your own country. However, it is more likely that you will get interviews once you get your PR and move to Canada. It's a risk that all immigrants were willing to take.

It's a matter of asking yourself whether you are willing to take the risk or not?

Last edited:

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
This is very unfortunate that even after getting the pr visa and holding a position of a software engineer I won't be able to grab a job before coming to canada. It will cost me a fortune+risk to go there and then hunt for a job :( . I thought the whole purpose of express entry is to quickly get a job without much of hustle.
I get a sense of entitlement from your posts. Put yourself in position of a recruiter and ask yourself. Would you rather hire a candidate who can meet you in person for an interview or hire someone over phone or skype sitting halfway across the world. C#, Java etc are very common technologies. There are thousands of qualifying applicants everywhere. Unless you have some extraordinary skill, like nuclear scientist or something, there is no incentive for an employer to prefer you over a local candidate who can start immediately.
Also the whole purpose of express entry is not to get a job quickly, it is just an attempt to shorten the PR processing timelines which at point used to take years.
Now, I would suggest you to apply for the jobs online which match your skill. You might luck out and get a job offer. But chances are always slim.
P.S. Also do not start applying before you have confirmed stamped VISA on your passport as no employer will entertain your application if you say you have an application still in progress. Start applying only after you get the Visa stamped.