+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying with Spouse CEC

mbnl

Aug 12, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a specific situation and wonder if you can give me any advice.
I received PNP in March this year and applied for PR in April. my wife (not in Canada) applied for SOWP in April and still waiting for a response. My PGWP is expiring at the end of August. If I apply for BOWP, what happens to my wife's SOWP application?

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
Hello everyone, I have a specific situation and wonder if you can give me any advice.
I received PNP in March this year and applied for PR in April. my wife (not in Canada) applied for SOWP in April and still waiting for a response. My PGWP is expiring at the end of August. If I apply for BOWP, what happens to my wife's SOWP application?
Most likely, SOWP will be valid until the end of August, if it is issued.
Because she is accompanying with you, she will have the valid date with your work permit at point you applied.
You may need to apply SOWP again or extension with your new work permit.

If you apply SOWP with BOWP, make sure you include the evidence that you are currently working as a skilled worker(NOC 0,A,B) e.g. 3 pay stubs and letter of employment.

mbnl

Aug 12, 2017
Most likely, SOWP will be valid until the end of August, if it is issued.
Because she is accompanying with you, she will have the valid date with your work permit at point you applied.
You may need to apply SOWP again or extension with your new work permit.

If you apply SOWP with BOWP, make sure you include the evidence that you are currently working as a skilled worker(NOC 0,A,B) e.g. 3 pay stubs and letter of employment.
Thank you. As you can see, only 12 days remaining in my PGWP. if she did not get any response and I apply for BOWP, will her SOWP be canceled?

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a question on the Marriage Certificate for the PR application for me and my wife in CEC category in which my wife will be secondary applicant.

In Marriage Certificate, my wife's surname is spelled "DILLO" where as in all other documents here surname is spelled "DHILLON". Her surname can be spelled like "DHILLON", "DHILLO", "DILLON" & "DILLO" and all are correct in India.

Actually the MC application was filled in Hindi and the MC was prepared in English so administration used the spelling whatever they felt correct at that time.

Apart from MC, her passport also has spouse name which is mentioned my name correctly but my passport doesn't have spouse name because it was applied before my marriage.

My question is that will this create any issue? If yes, then what steps we can take before filing application to avoid the issue?

Thanks,
RG