+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying with Spouse CEC

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello Experts,

Here is the situation:

I am working full time in Canada ( NOC B) after I graduated from university. I will be getting married soon and I am going to apply for Express Entry. Now assuming if I get an ITA from CEC, and including my spouse with the application, do I still have to show proof of funds?I am going to upload my pay stubs and still will be working but not sure whether I still have to show proof of funds.

And,is there any other documents that needs to be signed by her ?So that I can get her signed while visiting home? If someone could provide the the document checklist for CEC with spouse that will help a lot of applicants.

Thanks in advance.

nikhilpatil22

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29th Sep 2016
Med's Done....
18th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2017
LANDED..........
18th Feb 2017, rainbow bridge
Hello Experts,

Here is the situation:

I am working full time in Canada ( NOC B) after I graduated from university. I will be getting married soon and I am going to apply for Express Entry. Now assuming if I get an ITA from CEC, and including my spouse with the application, do I still have to show proof of funds?I am going to upload my pay stubs and still will be working but not sure whether I still have to show proof of funds.

And,is there any other documents that needs to be signed by her ?So that I can get her signed while visiting home? If someone could provide the the document checklist for CEC with spouse that will help a lot of applicants.

Thanks in advance.
Hello,
Under CEC category funding proof is not necessary.
If you want to include your spouse with the application, the required documents are as follows.
1) Marriage certificate, 2) Her English test score (e.g. IELTS,...), 3) Her education credentials assessment, 3) Her Work experience letter (Employment Records), 4) Medical examination, 5) Police clearance certificate.
These are the documents I submitted last year with my application.

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks much for the reply .My fiance is studying in second year of University back home and she doesnt have any work experience. So basically I just need her O and A levels paper.Now that O and A levels documets needs to have ECA completed too??

For medical examination , do I need to provide her any forms from CIC or it could be done upfront or there will be direction in mycic after getting the ITA?

Thanks again !

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Thanks much for the reply .My fiance is studying in second year of University back home and she doesnt have any work experience. So basically I just need her O and A levels paper.Now that O and A levels documets needs to have ECA completed too??

For medical examination , do I need to provide her any forms from CIC or it could be done upfront or there will be direction in mycic after getting the ITA?

Thanks again !
Hi
If your fiance is studing you cann't do ECA for her degree in progress. If your scores are more then you can skip her IELTS test.Adding spouse in your express entry appliation will bring your points down.Be cautrious about that!
Medicals are done upfront for express entry. your ITA letter is sufficient for her to perform her Medicals,

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks much for the reply. It really helps.Another important question I have if someone could help that would be great.

Now, I know that I don't have to provide any proof of funds if I am applying under CEC (only the letter of explanation ), but I am going to apply with my spouse so in that case do I need to provide any settlement funds for her ? If yes then what would be the amount for that settlement funds ? She can provide her bank statement from back home by converting into CAD funds.But I was wondering whether I have to show funds for her or not.I am currently employed , not sure my pay stubs are enough for both of us.

Experts please help !

Regards

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
Hello I have exact similar situation as you have. I was wondering if you would know or if anyone else could help with my specific situation, that when exactly can I create my profile for express entry, I started my current position in November 2016, so am I eligible to create EE profile after october 1 or November 1, my PGWP is expiring on March 10,2018. I am really worried about my PR, what if the cut off points doesn't come to where my points are currently. My another concern is before I came to Canada, i was enrolled in university back home and I didn't finish the degree back home as I got my credits transferred to Canadian university and I got my degree in Canada, during the tim I was in school back home, I was working part time in NOC 0 category, how can I prove that work experience, what are the requirements for foreign work experience. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Now, I know that I don't have to provide any proof of funds if I am applying under CEC (only the letter of explanation ), but I am going to apply with my spouse so in that case do I need to provide any settlement funds for her ?

No.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
We applied for CEC and my spouse got zero points for his Canadian work experience of one year. Is it because its in an NOC C or D job or because he did not do an English test.

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
We applied for CEC and my spouse got zero points for his Canadian work experience of one year. Is it because its in an NOC C or D job or because he did not do an English test.
It is upto NOC. It has to be skilled category, such as NOC 0,A,B.

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Another quick question .While calculating CRS points (CIC website ), Question 6
(ii)
. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?

Does it mean only foreign experience or including Canadian experience?I am working in Canada , so can I include my Canadian work experience , (1 yr ) in this case or I should say no as I don't have any foreign experience except Canada?

Experts help please !

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
Another quick question .While calculating CRS points (CIC website ), Question 6
(ii)
. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?

Does it mean only foreign experience or including Canadian experience?I am working in Canada , so can I include my Canadian work experience , (1 yr ) in this case or I should say no as I don't have any foreign experience except Canada?

Experts help please !
Oh, I may be wrong about this.
Did you get this question before you register your express entry profile?

Last edited:

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
yes I am not sure about this one .I don't have any foreign experience except 1 yr in Canada, And if I say yes to this question,points increases , if I say no point decreases drastically .

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
yes I am not sure about this one .I don't have any foreign experience except 1 yr in Canada, And if I say yes to this question,points increases , if I say no point decreases drastically .
Oh, this should be a come to Canada tool qustion.

The purpose of that question is to determine if you are eligible for Federal skilled worker category.
It should be yes. The point will be automatically calculated by the data in the actual profile (work experience section).

So, it is yes.