+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to Post Graduate Work Permit after Study Permit Expires

kavalambda

Oct 3, 2017
I am hoping to apply for a PGWP from Canada. I graduated (i.e., finished classes) at the University of Toronto in August, so I am still within the 90-day period. However, my study permit expired in August as well. I did not know about the PGWP then, and so I did not apply.

To apply for a PGWP I know I need a valid study permit. Can I apply for a restoration of my study permit even though I'm not currently studying? It is also within the 90-day limit, but I don't know if I'll be able to apply for a restoration if I'm not currently a student. Is there a way to restore your status if you're just doing it to apply for the PGWP? Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am hoping to apply for a PGWP from Canada. I graduated (i.e., finished classes) at the University of Toronto in August, so I am still within the 90-day period. However, my study permit expired in August as well. I did not know about the PGWP then, and so I did not apply.

To apply for a PGWP I know I need a valid study permit. Can I apply for a restoration of my study permit even though I'm not currently studying? It is also within the 90-day limit, but I don't know if I'll be able to apply for a restoration if I'm not currently a student. Is there a way to restore your status if you're just doing it to apply for the PGWP? Thank you!
You need to apply for Restoration as a student and for a PGWP. You will need to pay the $200 restoration fee, the $150 study permit fee and the $255 PGWP fees.

Reactions: kavalambda

Rena8023

Jan 26, 2018

I have same situation. Could you please let me know whether you have your work permit application approved.