+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a WORK PERMIT here in UAE

pern0671

Mar 29, 2011
Hi,

I have submitted my work permit application [based on TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER APPLICATION CHECKLIST] in Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy.

My questions are : (if I may :))
1) how long it takes before the result will come out ?
2)if ever , I'll get the result (if positive), what should be the next step ?

Thanks in Advance...

Pern

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. 12 months according to cic.gc.ca
2. Come to Canada and get your WP at the POE then start working. Hope your employer can wait for you.

pern0671 said:
Hi,

I have submitted my work permit application [based on TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER APPLICATION CHECKLIST] in Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy.

My questions are : (if I may :))
1) how long it takes before the result will come out ?
2)if ever , I'll get the result (if positive), what should be the next step ?

Thanks in Advance...

Pern

pern0671

Mar 29, 2011
thanks job_seeker...
I have read this yesterday and found out the answer to my 1 st question.

canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

Temporary work permit:

Live-in Caregivers:
By mail: 12-14 months*
In person: Not applicable

Other Temporary Foreign Workers:
By mail: 4 weeks

Just confuse about the next step if ever the work permit will comes out...do I need to seed it to this address:

CPC VEGREVILLE
WORK PERMIT
6212-55TH AVENUE – UNIT 202 (UNIT 555 – FOR NEW EMPLOYERS)
VEGREVILLE, AB
T9C 1X6

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No. once you get your passport with the visa on it, you can already come to Canada. Your work permit will be given to you upon your arrival. With your passport will be a letter that you'll show the officer and then the officer will direct you where to go.

pern0671 said:
thanks job_seeker...
I have read this yesterday and found out the answer to my 1 st question.

canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

Temporary work permit:

Live-in Caregivers:
By mail: 12-14 months*

Other Temporary Foreign Workers:
By mail: 4 weeks

Just confuse about the next step if ever the work permit will comes out...do I need to seed it to this address:

CPC VEGREVILLE
WORK PERMIT
6212-55TH AVENUE – UNIT 202 (UNIT 555 – FOR NEW EMPLOYERS)
VEGREVILLE, AB
T9C 1X6

lmderama

Dec 6, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
AOR Received.
July 23, 2014
Med's Request
July 23, 2014
Med's Done....
August 14, 2014
Re: Applying for a WORK PERMIT IN UAE

Hi,

Can anybody help me. I just received my LMO from my employer and now i need to apply for a work visa as per my employer. Im working here in Qatar, i am just confused regarding:
1. Do i need to travel to UAE to personally apply for the work permit or i can submit my application through courier?
2. Do i need to submit Temporary resident application together with the work permit Application?

Thanks, hope somebody can help me..

C

Cherry Manandhar

Hi,

Can anybody help me. I just received my LMO from my employer and now i need to apply for a work visa as per my employer. Im working here in Qatar, i am just confused regarding:
1. Do i need to travel to UAE to personally apply for the work permit or i can submit my application through courier?
2. Do i need to submit Temporary resident application together with the work permit Application?

Thanks, hope somebody can help me..

Hi there, you may visit the website cic.gc.ae that's the embassy of Canada website in Abu Dhabi, you may send your application through courier, they don't entertain in person application so don't waste your money in coming here. Save it when you fly to Canada. Visit the website so that you can be guided accordingly.

lmderama

Dec 6, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
AOR Received.
July 23, 2014
Med's Request
July 23, 2014
Med's Done....
August 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind help. however, i have another inquiry as i am still confused, how about the passport? i've red in the guidelines that original passport is needed if temporary resident visa is required. What does it means? If i will send my application via courier i can't send my original passport
, instead photocopy only with special power of attorney. please advise again. thanks :)

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got lmo as a NOC code 6242:iam going to apply work permit Abudhabi . can some tell me its fine i submitted highschool certificate . becouse i didnot finished my diploma last smester still pending. what else require document needed.

arkraine

Oct 29, 2011
its ok to submit photocopy of your passport all pages when ur visa approve they will asked u to send ur passport to them..

lmderama

Dec 6, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
AOR Received.
July 23, 2014
Med's Request
July 23, 2014
Med's Done....
August 14, 2014
C

Cherry Manandhar

Original passport is not necessary, just submit a copy of your passport include the old copy of you passport as well if you have and make sure also to submit a copy of your residence permit or work permit from Qatar. visit the website so that you will get complete information

C

Cherry Manandhar

i got lmo as a NOC code 6242:iam going to apply work permit Abudhabi . can some tell me its fine i submitted highschool certificate . becouse i didnot finished my diploma last smester still pending. what else require document needed.

If you didnt finish college its okay, you may submit a diploma in high school. Just make sure that the job that you are applying is suitable with your experience or else there is a possibility that you might not be granted for visa

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more question ive enough job experience according to LMO. but in my uae redience visa is different then my job. i mean my job is different and visa is different but ive salary certificate , paysleep and company status letter is according to my job not with visa . if it gona be problem for work permit ?even my company some managerlevel employee also uae visa like salse waier helper etc. its gona effect to my work permit application?

C

Cherry Manandhar

I'm sorry but I didn't get what u mean? U may visit the website Canadian embassy abu dhabi and check if u are suitable to apply or not.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I have been in UAE and this is a common issue. All you could do is providing documents to support your application. You may request a employment confirmatin letter (on a company letter head where they can trace addresses and phone numbers)
mannual said:
one more question ive enough job experience according to LMO. but in my uae redience visa is different then my job. i mean my job is different and visa is different but ive salary certificate , paysleep and company status letter is according to my job not with visa . if it gona be problem for work permit ?even my company some managerlevel employee also uae visa like salse waier helper etc. its gona effect to my work permit application?